Deleted

Pre-Rag Shadow BiS

My Guild's now 5/7 Heroic and Beth should hopefully go down on Wednesday or Thursday, however, I know that Ragnaros will take us a good few months to down him, so I was wondering what the BiS list would be, excluding drops from Heroic Ragnaros.

I don't know too much about gearing etc, but I've managed to put together this, however, I was wondering if any changes should be made. Also thought I should point out that I don't have a Warlock in my group, so I don't get DI.

One change I was thinking of making is dropping the Boots Haste enchant and going with Lavawalker, and replacing the Mastery on the Gloves with Haste, to make sure I still have the extra VT tick. So far, I haven't been using Lavawalker because I've been doing fine without the speed increase, however, I'm sure that I'll change my mind on Heroic Ragnaros, considering the amount of movement involved.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-10-11 at 10:11 AM.

the 391 bracers you have there are wrong. only items upgradeable with firestones are the ranged/relic pieces from valor and firelands trash drops. check out the wristwraps of arrogant doom instead.

Deleted
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=30303

In that thread there's a list of all 3 possible BiS sets (7/7 normal, pre-Raggy Hc, 7/7 Hc)

There's also some tips and general theorycrafting with what to gear and reforge should you not get DI.

All in all though looks about right. 6/7 hc BiS consists of Hc wand from Fandral as well as Hc bracers from fandral and try get the haste/mastery version of the head you have atm http://www.wowhead.com/item=71421. So replace those and you should be good to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    the 391 bracers you have there are wrong. only items upgradeable with firestones are the ranged/relic pieces from valor and firelands trash drops. check out the wristwraps of arrogant doom instead.
    I didn't realise that, but yeah, you're right. I've updated it now.

Also, I'll go visit that website, cheers for the heads up

Deleted
    I would recommend You - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
    Just pick Your character and then press "Optimize!", You can also change stuff/look for upgrades by pressing [...] next to items.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiss View Post
    I would recommend You - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
    Just pick Your character and then press "Optimize!", You can also change stuff/look for upgrades by pressing [...] next to items.

Horrible without proper stat weights, made even worse by its failure to translate spirit into hit for spriests. Wowreforge is a much better site for reforging, and simcraft is an invaluable tool to use, regardless of class

Horrible without proper stat weights, made even worse by its failure to translate spirit into hit for spriests. Wowreforge is a much better site for reforging, and simcraft is an invaluable tool to use, regardless of class
    Actually it does translate spirit into hit for spriests, so don't spread bad information if you don't know what you are talking about, and the stat weights usually come from sites like Elitistjerks or other notable websites. It is usually accurate within a good degree if you use the right presets. Not saying it's perfect tho, and in fact i just tested it with shadowpriest heroic t12 and it comes up with the exact same BiS as shown on shadowpriest.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Actually it does translate spirit into hit for spriests, so don't spread bad information if you don't know what you are talking about, and the stat weights usually come from sites like Elitistjerks or other notable websites. It is usually accurate within a good degree if you use the right presets. Not saying it's perfect tho, and in fact i just tested it with shadowpriest heroic t12 and it comes up with the exact same BiS as shown on shadowpriest.com.
    easy paco. from personal experience (and the last time i plugged in my stat weights from simcraft) "optimizing" according to mr. robot would have put me at 11% spell hit. plugging in those SAME exact stat weights into wowreforge, it had me as spell hit-capped as well as gaining a little extra mastery.

also a note regarding stat weights....they change with your gear. they wont stay the same at all as you continue gearing. this mention of "presets" on mr. robot....it has 2 presets for shadow priests, PVE and PVP.

Deleted
    wowreforge > ask. Unless they changed the algorithms drastically since I last used them.

Deleted
    Speaking of which, I Simmed the 6/7BiS I made and Simmed Kilee's 6/7BiS (had to guess the reforges/enchants/gems though, I didn't find any mention of them) and my one came out at around 200 DPS higher.
    I guess that, out of the two, it'll be down to if I get luckier with Shared Boss Drops or Crystallised Firestone drops.