Ragnaros HC - 41% trick

We were trying to do the 41% trick on ragnaros but it was not working well for us, the maximum we could do was 1% more of damage in the boss

I think we could push to 2% more, but it happens that Ragnaros starts to cast world in flames and apparently he doesn’t finish with the hammer, so we get little time to DPS and with a lot of movement.

If we dont wait at 41% we get to 37%, if we wait we get to 36%

I think that its worth to stop the DPS in 42% but keeping a eye in the world of flames timer, our last try that we did the boss changed phase with half a second to cast world in flames

My questions are, how the mechanicks work? maybe we are not understanding it well
    And, are we doing the 41% trick right way? All what is ask is maybe more tips and better understanding of whats happening

The trick is all in timing. Before the 3rd set of molten elementas spawn on the raid. Rag should be at 44% and everyone should stop and just let dots and tank swings going. Aoe the adds ( some will hit the boss) and after that just slowly build dps and as soon WIF is cast, you start pushing hard and can get rag to 36%. Sometimes is random, or we get bad WiF's and transition with 38%. But thats what we do.

To be really honest, it is ok and is worth pushing for 1 meteor in p3, you will get it eventually and will make the fight miles easier. But for a first kill your guilld will have to learn it with 2 meteors because 95% of the times in a guild at that point in progression will get 2 meteors. When we first killed it, we did get 1 meteor 1 pull before, but w ended doing it with 2. This is in 25 man heroic, 10 man could be different.
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com