Poll: How many alcohol do you drink a week?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't drink much, I might drink 3-4 once in a month or few if I'm celebrating with friends or have a glass or two of wine with good food, maybe once every two weeks. I never get drunk, and will not binge drink. I always thought about it this way: If a doctor would give you medicine that would make you lose control of your bladder, make speaking harder and lessen your balance, would you want to change the medication? I know I would, so why on earth would I pay for that, when there's nothing to gain from binge drinking.

Around 12 cans of some long drink of varying flavour + some drinks at the bar. That happens usually once per 1-2 months.

I voted that I don't drink alcohol, but only because I would say I probably drink fewer than five or six weeks out of the year. I have been genuinely drunk exactly once, at the age of 29, as the result of a promise I made to a friend that I would get drunk "for Science!" at the party celebrating her completion of a PhD in biochemistry.

I typically only drink when out to dinner with my family, and even then only when we've taken public transport or can expect a lift home. I drive too much to make drinking a habit, and have always preferred to not drink at all rather than bother with one or two.

My wife typically drinks wine when we go out to dinner with my family, but we don't bother to stock up on booze at home. We have a few bottles of spirits around now and maybe some cider left over from our last party, but . . .

Deleted
    Tuesday Night - Territorial army bar after working , Wednesday Night Pub Quiz then clubbing as its free entry, Thursday night sometimes go to local night club until it closes at 2pm, Friday night party/pub then night club , sat night the same as fri night, Sunday back to same club as thursday Monday have a me day

What kind of shameful poll results??

Too many people that don't drink! Is this place full of 12 year olds?

I used to drink almost all the time when raiding, but I don't really play now..
    Of course, the drinking continued. I would say I drink most days.

I don't know how you could stand raiding without drinking...

Only if I go out for some fancy food usually but might have 1 beer while relaxing at the weekend.

It can be hard to tell the difference between a routine and an addiction. If you're actually worried about it, stop drinking completely for a week or two and tell your roommate. If you can do this, then you probably aren't an alcoholic. On the other hand, if you can't, you probably are.

Yeah, the above test is a good one. If you can go a couple weeks without a drink, then you're fine. As in, you can go a couple weeks without a drink and without huge cravings for alcohol. Give it a try and see what happens.

Personally, I don't drink at all. Not because of some sort of self-righteous 'OMG IT'S BAAAAD FOR YOOOUUU' stuff, but because I genuinely don't like the taste. And if I do like the taste, then there's probably a non-alcoholic drink I prefer, so I'll drink that instead. I also don't need to get drunk to be able to let loose and have fun (not that I'm saying I'm better that people who do need alcohol for that purpose; I'm just different).

So for me, alcohol is pointless, so I don't bother drinking it. When it's also really expensive... Nah.

Depends, too much i guess. I can not drink at all but sometimes its like 7 beers a day and some vodka, partying with friends.

I usually only drink once a month or so, but when I do, I always make up for the remaining days...

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    Too many people that don't drink! Is this place full of 12 year olds?

I used to drink almost all the time when raiding, but I don't really play now..
    Of course, the drinking continued. I would say I drink most days.

I don't know how you could stand raiding without drinking...
    Wow, I'm glad you're not an alcoholic. Absolutely no sentence in your post is typical of alcoholics. That said, I wish a good life to you and your liver.

I'll go with the other 12 years olds now.

Get shitfaced all the time, dunno how else you could operate in a business world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I don't drink any alcohol, but I do drink a few metric parsecs of pepsi a month.
    I know that feel :/

Sometimes I mix it up and have Coke instead of Pepsi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I usually only drink once a month or so, but when I do, I always make up for the remaining days...
    What he said.

Example: I went out last Friday and had some beers and shots. But that was the first time since mid-September.
    Besides that I usually share a bottle of wine with friends/family when I go out to eat. I do that once or twice a month.

Deleted
    dont drink maybe one beer on month but thats rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a "less than once a week" option.

"How much alcohol do you drink a week"

1-2
    3-5

So yeah, i drink 5 "alcohol" a week. Were you drunk when you made this poll ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    I'm curious to see the age and where people are from when replying to this thread, because I get this feeling that most are Americans who aren't allowed to drink before they turn 21 (not saying that they're not drinking before, but still) - but it's probably because I'm a Dane that my opinion is biased, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    usually drink once or twice a week. When I do I only drink about 3 things of booze.

Deleted
    i do not drink i am afraid so none for me!