Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Becoming attached to people is good and tbh when an MMO is involved that's not only a given but a perk. Make and keep your friends, sure some may not be so good, others may surprise you in a good or bad way, but unlike they game they aren't pixels and bytes of information.

If you care for the game you should abandon the sinking ship and move on to a new one.

If you care about her stick through the bad sides and have some fun while you're at it. In WoW fame is measured not in good deeds but in how annoying you are. You can become possibly the best troll guild on your server and laugh about random stuff all day long. At the end of the day if you're not having fun you're not actually playing.

If you want what's best overall I'd say make a new character on a different server, start fresh w/o any kind of back-story and just see how things go. You can always log your toon for her and have your own secret raiding set-up(aka don't roll a shaman on that new realm and you're all set :P).

Edit: I'm sorry to hear of your irl health issues and I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kick her at the right time. Wait until the next time she goes off on someone in trade, and THEN kick her. Immediately afterwards, inform trade that you are the GM, and apologize for not getting rid of her sooner. People like her can poison a server more efficiently than a server crash.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I actually applaud you for being level headed and not just kicking her and actually thinking about ways to fix the problem. But in the end I think you kicking her is the only viable option. Let her go make her own guild and ruin that one and see how she likes it when she's finally alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Contradicting yourself.
    Not necessarily. If the man in question doesn't treat anyone like crap (which I personally find is a rather good rule to follow), and treats people of both genders with respect, then there is no contradiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm female, and the responses here have some majorly testosterone-fueled rage comments. I agree with the others that you should kick her, but seriously, don't say stuff like that to her. A real man doesn't treat a woman like crap, either. Just tell her she gets the same treatment that anyone else in your guild who did what she did would get, and that is the boot.
    A real woman, hell, a real person doesn't have an attitude that bad. You're seeing the fact that she's a female and connecting with her. If it was a guy, you'd say the same as we are.

Deleted
    Kick the bitch and tell her to come back when she changed back to normal.

Boot her, quit being friends.
    Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    You are making assumptions that you have no basis, or evidence, on which to make. It's entirely possible that he would have done the same thing if the offending person was male. You don't know him, so you have no clue what you are talking about.... you are simply spouting stereotypical nonsense.
    Lol.

About eight years of WoW + 22 years of life experience = seen it enough times to be comfortable with the assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    A real woman, hell, a real person doesn't have an attitude that bad. You're seeing the fact that she's a female and connecting with her. If it was a guy, you'd say the same as we are.
    If it was a guy, there wouldn't have been the stupid and repulsive "tell her to get back in the kitchen" comments that have been made.

If it was a guy, there wouldn't have been the stupid and repulsive "tell her to get back in the kitchen" comments that have been made.
    Typifying the absurd is humorous, you should relax a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Lol.

About eight years of WoW + 22 years of life experience = seen it enough times to be comfortable with the assumption.
    The fact remains that you are still quite likely to be wrong. The OP sounds like the kind of guy that would give anyone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of gender.

Not necessarily. If the man in question doesn't treat anyone like crap (which I personally find is a rather good rule to follow), and treats people of both genders with respect, then there is no contradiction.
    True i guess.
    But it still is kindoff contradictionary (is that a word?) if the other scenario is true.
    Anyways, i think we can agree OP needs to get rid of her, BUT in a manner that works best.
    Wait untill she goes off publicly and then kick her and inform the realm in /trade, make them know you have "returned" and "took care of things".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Typifying the absurd is humorous, you should relax a little bit.
    No, sorry. I'm tired of misogyny on the internet. It's overdone and tiresome.

I think people just hate jerks. This girl is clearly a jerk. I don't like any amount of pixels that think cursing and insulting others in any situation on a game is appropriate. Misogyny only exists if you can't look past immaturity.

Permanent PMS is permanent PMS...Here's your solution:

PM her multiple times about the situation. When she starts raging at you for whatever you're saying about her being kicked in the PM's, tell her "I don't like when I'm being bombarded by PMS." THEN kick her. Then come back, and we'll do a wordplay high five.

Do whatever you think is best for the guild. Bad friend is bad friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kick her from the guild, which tells you don´t want to be part of what she says.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Anyways, i think we can agree OP needs to get rid of her, BUT in a manner that works best
    That I do agree with. I wouldn't put up with her behavior, period, and I wouldn't recommend that the OP do so either.

It comes off as being uptight, it's not like women don't mock me for doing man stuff.

It's an absurd double standard, and growing up with two sisters + single mother, I don't really g.a.f

OT: seriously kick her now and tell us about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this. This is what I was talking about. I didn't disagree that she should be booted, or say that the way she acted had any plausible excuse, but I've seen plenty of men in WoW act the same way. I didn't contradict myself by saying that he should tell her that she'd be booted for acting the same way anyone else in the guild did either. I said that he shouldn't make gender-related comments directed to her because a real man wouldn't do that.

The reason he made this post and the reason he's having a conflict with himself about booting her is because of their longtime friendship in the game, NOT because of her gender. It would be just the same if "she" were a "he". If it were a male friend I'd tell him to say the same thing to "him" that I told him to say to "her". It had nothing to do with her gender but the fact that they were long time friends.

The "get back in the kitchen" comments simply are not needed IN ANY ENVIRONMENT.

That I do agree with. I wouldn't put up with her behavior, period, and I wouldn't recommend that the OP do so either.
    Main points:

1. She needs to be removed from the guild in a manner OP sees fit.
    2. People must be informed that she left the guild, preferably in public chat.
    3. OP must PM the members who left, asking if they want to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kick her.

Shouldnt even be question.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane