Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    Anyone? >>
    I'd say try watching Gintama. It's pretty damn funny, and when the comedy subsides to make room for more story based episodes, the action/plot is good, and there's some unexpected feels every now and again. I started watching it a few weeks ago and I gotta say it's probably one my favorite comedies.

A few more I would suggest: Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Binbougami ga!, Cromartie Highschool, Hayate no Gotoku, Ixion Saga, Minami-ke, My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy, Plastic Nee-san, Seto no Hanayome, Sket Dance, and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Hi all, can't believe it took me so long to find a thread like this...anyway, I'm looking for something with a good bit of action without many of the shounen troupes. Not one of the million that has a main character who is an idiot, who eats a lot and wins every fight by punching harder. Good story > Action though. Although I'm not to interested in a pure drama, I don't mind if the action takes a back seat as long as it can get epic.

Anime I've seen that are similar to what I'm interested in:
    Berzerk
    Agame ga Kill
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Psycho-Pass
    Darker than Black
    Elfen Lied
    Tokyo Ghoul

Would prefer if it is on Crunchyroll, but I do know of sights that let you watch a lot for free. Just prefer not to use them.
    Ghost in the Shell 1995
    Ghost in the Shell Innocence
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Arex_Police

Looking for something with solid comedy, and a good story.
    Hmm comedies hmm let me think a minute. Love, CHuuniboyo, and other delusions is a great rom com. So is "My teen romantic comedy didn't turn out the way I planned"
    Regular comedies I would say The devil is a part timer and I Couldn't become a Hero so I decided to get a job both of these are newer.

High School DxD is very popular it is a harem and pretty Ecchi there are 4 seasons of that available.

You also have a lot of first seasons and not the second seasons like Clannad Afterstory is 10000 times better. SAO II is available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Hmm comedies hmm let me think a minute. Love, CHuuniboyo, and other delusions is a great rom com. So is "My teen romantic comedy didn't turn out the way I planned"
    Regular comedies I would say The devil is a part timer and I Couldn't become a Hero so I decided to get a job both of these are newer.

High School DxD is very popular it is a harem and pretty Ecchi there are 4 seasons of that available.

You also have a lot of first seasons and not the second seasons like Clannad Afterstory is 10000 times better. SAO II is available as well.
    I can vouch for Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
    Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all, can't believe it took me so long to find a thread like this...anyway, I'm looking for something with a good bit of action without many of the shounen troupes. Not one of the million that has a main character who is an idiot, who eats a lot and wins every fight by punching harder. Good story > Action though. Although I'm not to interested in a pure drama, I don't mind if the action takes a back seat as long as it can get epic.

Would prefer if it is on Crunchyroll, but I do know of sights that let you watch a lot for free. Just prefer not to use them.
    BTOOOM! is pretty grim and is on CR and God Eater is currently airing on CR it's also action and grim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I can vouch for Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
    Good stuff.
    I love that series I read the LN's as well.

- - - Updated - - -

After looking at that list and your requirements, I would say Angel Beats! has what you are looking for. Give er a shot.
    Not really a comedy seeing you are 100% going to sob during it like a 5 year old girl with a skinned knee.

Anime I've seen that are similar to what I'm interested in:
    Berzerk
    Agame ga Kill
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Psycho-Pass
    Darker than Black
    Elfen Lied
    Tokyo Ghoul

Looks to me you'd enjoy: Black Lagoon, Busou Renkin, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Garo The Animation, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (but it literally takes like 20 episodes before it gets amazing, so should probably read a quick synopsis of first 20 episodes and then jump right in), Needless, Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom ~, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, Seirei no Moribito, Sengoku Basara, Terraformars, Nanatsu no Taizai.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Hey there,
    I'm looking for an Anime with the following properties:
    - A "cool" main charater (none of those oblivious, stupid perverts, since this cuts out 99.9% of all Animes I think it's fine if the MC starts that way but develops into someone better).
    - An epic or interesting story (no boring "slice of life" BS).
    - Some Romance involved (either "single" or "harem" is fine, but please without those girls who love the main character, but can't show it and instead insult and/or punch that poor guy whenever they get even remotely intimate, that's so stupid.
    - that Anime should have a proper ending (without a cliffhanger for another season that will never come). It's fine if it's based on a manga or novel, as long as the manga/novel is finished and (fan)translations are available.
    - nothing too sad/dramatic, I want to be entertained and not become an emotional wreck.

A good example is Highschool DxD, although I would prefer a guy who is less perverted (though it does get better later in the novels). And the girls, well, they openly like him, although nothing really happens. I'd prefer it, if more happens than just holding hands and I'm not talking about hentai, more like a more mature way of dealing with a romance than the typical High School level.

Oh and a dub would be awesome although a sub will do it as well.

Anyone? >>
    The story is a bit weak, but I found D-Frag one of the funnier anime's I've seen in a while. It's Slice of Life, if you don;t mind that.

I've seen Chuun, I'll check out the second one, I haven't seen that yet thanks!

DxD is just....no. -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    The story is a bit weak, but I found D-Frag one of the funnier anime's I've seen in a while. It's Slice of Life, if you don;t mind that.
    Okay I'll put it on the list!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargeras View Post
    Hey there,
    I'm looking for an Anime with the following properties:
    - A "cool" main charater (none of those oblivious, stupid perverts, since this cuts out 99.9% of all Animes I think it's fine if the MC starts that way but develops into someone better).
    - An epic or interesting story (no boring "slice of life" BS).
    - Some Romance involved (either "single" or "harem" is fine, but please without those girls who love the main character, but can't show it and instead insult and/or punch that poor guy whenever they get even remotely intimate, that's so stupid.
    - that Anime should have a proper ending (without a cliffhanger for another season that will never come). It's fine if it's based on a manga or novel, as long as the manga/novel is finished and (fan)translations are available.
    - nothing too sad/dramatic, I want to be entertained and not become an emotional wreck.

A good example is Highschool DxD, although I would prefer a guy who is less perverted (though it does get better later in the novels). And the girls, well, they openly like him, although nothing really happens. I'd prefer it, if more happens than just holding hands and I'm not talking about hentai, more like a more mature way of dealing with a romance than the typical High School level.

Oh and a dub would be awesome although a sub will do it as well.
    That is a tall ass order right there. Ok one for sure that fits your bill is the Zero's Familar there are 4 seasons of it available and I know at least a few seasons are dubbed. The author of it died but thankfully they gave the series closure. WARNING the female lead is annoying as hell at points but that is part of the comedy aspect of it.

Shakagun No Shana is another however the lead character is Female and the male is kinda weak at first this series ran for it's full duration.

You mention DXD so I can list some that are kinda like that but not as Ecchi the first being Infinite Stratos it is a harem adventure comedy and has 2 seasons and a short movie out so far but it is not finished yet the author is milking the shit out of IS swag.

Another would be Haganai it is also a harem comedy however the only pervert is one of the female leads so most people like her. It is also mid story so bleh. All these have at least partial dubs available.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen Chuun, I'll check out the second one, I haven't seen that yet thanks!

DxD is just....no. -.-
    Okay I'll put it on the list!
    DxD is an amazing story once you get past all the oppai. The nickname for the other is Oregairu and it is awesome the main character is very unusual more like an anti hero. D-frag is also good I am hoping for a second season of that as well.

So I finished Akame ga Kill! yesterday and yeah...I feel like my heart was ripped out and tagged in again to get ripped out a second time..(but still really enjoyed it!)

I need another one to watch and cannot decide between Unlimited Bladeworks, Steins;Gate, Death Note or Code Geass :

If you guys could help me out a bit or perhaps can suggest me a even better one I would be happy!

(Only watched AGK! and Tokyo Ghoul so far)
    Last edited by Immunize; 2015-09-10 at 12:37 PM.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    So I finished Akame ga Kill! yesterday and yeah...I feel like my heart was ripped out and tagged in again to get ripped out a second time..(but still really enjoyed it!)

I need another one to watch and cannot decide between Unlimited Bladeworks, Steins;Gate, Death Note or Code Geass :

If you guys could help me out a bit or perhaps can suggest me a even better one I would be happy!

(Only watched AGK! and Tokyo Ghoul so far)
    Uh Steins Gate is amazing it is slow at first but really it's amazing by the end. Death Note is also a really amazing show. I haven't watched Code Geass yet so can't comment all 3 are really popular though Stein's gate is my favorite between it and DN

Uh Steins Gate is amazing it is slow at first but really it's amazing by the end. Death Note is also a really amazing show. I haven't watched Code Geass yet so can't comment all 3 are really popular though Stein's gate is my favorite between it and DN
    Thanks for the quick answer. Unlimited Bladeworks is an option too. You watched it and can say anything about it?

But i will look into Steins;Gate first. TY!
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer. Unlimited Bladeworks is an option too. You watched it and can say anything about it?

But i will look into Steins;Gate first. TY!
    UBW looked pretty but is not particulary good. Especially season 2 had extremely poor directing.

Go for S;G ->CG -> DN
    Watch UBW if you want beautiful animation but not for anything else I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    UBW looked pretty but is not particulary good. Especially season 2 had extremely poor directing.

Go for S;G ->CG -> DN
    Watch UBW if you want beautiful animation but not for anything else I'd say.
    Oh ok it looked pretty promising to me. But story > looks imo. I will look into all of them! Thank you guys

Deleted
    That is a tall ass order right there. Ok one for sure that fits your bill is the Zero's Familar there are 4 seasons of it available and I know at least a few seasons are dubbed. The author of it died but thankfully they gave the series closure. WARNING the female lead is annoying as hell at points but that is part of the comedy aspect of it.

Shakagun No Shana is another however the lead character is Female and the male is kinda weak at first this series ran for it's full duration.

You mention DXD so I can list some that are kinda like that but not as Ecchi the first being Infinite Stratos it is a harem adventure comedy and has 2 seasons and a short movie out so far but it is not finished yet the author is milking the shit out of IS swag.

Another would be Haganai it is also a harem comedy however the only pervert is one of the female leads so most people like her. It is also mid story so bleh. All these have at least partial dubs available.
    Thanks, I'll check those out, though I already watched IS. I liked it, but I kinda hated the fact, that the guy is so oblivious about the girls feelings, I mean come on how dumb can you be?
    If I have to further cut down my expectations I'd say, it would be enough if the guy isn't a complete retard and can handle the girl(s), and the girl(s) who can handle their own feelings.
    There is an anime something of a Rogue Hero, don't know the name exactly, where the main guy isn't an idiot and the girl(s) can somewhat accept their feelings for him at the end, but there is only 1 season and the light novels are only partialy translated.
    Right know I am watching Demon King Daimos. It goes into the right dircetion, but I have yet to read the Novels to know if its a good one. At least the novels are finished and fully translated.

Edit: oh by the way: I talk about the main guy with his girls. Thats for simplicity only. The other way around is totally fine as well.
    Last edited by mmoc4cd8b88b99; 2015-09-10 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll check those out, though I already watched IS. I liked it, but I kinda hated the fact, that the guy is so oblivious about the girls feelings, I mean come on how dumb can you be?
    Yes, that is the number 1 complaint about this series. haganai is kinda like that, rather he feels inferior to the girls so he assumes he is overthinking it.

There is an anime something of a Rogue Hero, don't know the name exactly, where the main guy isn't an idiot and the girl(s) can somewhat accept their feelings for him at the end, but there is only 1 season and the light novels are only partialy translated.
    Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or in English Aesthetics of a Rogue Hero I liked it and am waiting for more.
    Right know I am watching Demon King Daimos. It goes into the right dircetion, but I have yet to read the Novels to know if its a good one. At least the novels are finished and fully translated.
    I read it and for the most part stick with the anime cause it gets really weird, you kinda get into the weirdness during the anime but it gets out there. Like once you are done with the anime if you want to know what happens in the books I can give you a rundown.

Edit: oh by the way: I talk about the main guy with his girls. Thats for simplicity only. The other way around is totally fine as well.
    Ok, well the Familiar of Zero and Shakagun No Shana should be up your alley at least for now let me know what you think of either and I can go from there.

I will also offer one of my personal favorites as well and it's off branch A Certain Magical Index. Touma is a bad ass the only beef most have is there hasn't been a third season yet. It's spin off is more of a bad ass girls version called A Certain Scientific Railgun both are two 24 episode season long and the series is so popular it has a second spin off getting it's own series A Certain Scientific Accelerator which I imagine will get it's own anime as well hopefully they do all 3 at once.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-09-10 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is called a tsundere, and yes. It doesn't come more annoying than that. Anyways, chances are you have seen Code Geass, but ima suggest it anyways as it fits. Berzerk is a good one as well, but you might be disappointed by the ending but it does carry on in the manga. Others that come close include Knights of Sidonia (only on Netflix, sadly. Still ongoing although it seems to release it's seasons in chunks, so be prepared to wait in between seasons.), Sekirei is a decent harem with lots of action, but sadly stops shorter than the manga, and to finish up strong, one of my favorites: Elfen Lied. beautiful, beautiful peace of art that is. (Despite her likelyhood to murder me, Lucy is my waifu =P) Agami ga Kill is good, too, if you don't mind an ending thats too bittersweet.

Deleted
    That is called a tsundere, and yes. It doesn't come more annoying than that. Anyways, chances are you have seen Code Geass, but ima suggest it anyways as it fits. Berzerk is a good one as well, but you might be disappointed by the ending but it does carry on in the manga. Others that come close include Knights of Sidonia (only on Netflix, sadly. Still ongoing although it seems to release it's seasons in chunks, so be prepared to wait in between seasons.), Sekirei is a decent harem with lots of action, but sadly stops shorter than the manga, and to finish up strong, one of my favorites: Elfen Lied. beautiful, beautiful peace of art that is. (Despite her likelyhood to murder me, Lucy is my waifu =P) Agami ga Kill is good, too, if you don't mind an ending thats too bittersweet.
    Code Geass is actually on my to do list, I was hesitant watching it since I didn't know if it "fits". I already watched Sekirei and Agami ga Kill and the later is one of the reason why I wrote not too sad/dramatic. I had to quickly watch another anime after the ending to cheer myself up and I chose Angel Beats...I mean I liked Angel Beats but the end made things even worse

10+ Year Old Account
    You watched Angel Beats to cheer up...Im sorry =(