Poll: Do you prefer fire over arcane? (ignoring dp/damage output)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fire Mages in 4.3

Well, we all knw that fire mages have pretty much been below avg dps this whole patch, my question to the mmo-champ mage forum-goer's is simple:
    Do you think fire mages will make a comeback in 4.3?

Personally ive been sick of playing arcane for a few months, its rather annoying and no fun.

Ill also throw a poll in for players who prefer arcane or fire.

Sorry, Completely forgot about frost, ill try to add it into the poll if i can find a way. ---and i cant to my knowledge, baddie at polls here.
    Last edited by caffeiine; 2011-10-10 at 09:07 PM. Reason: im "biased"

personally i think ur biased by not adding in frost. but whatevs.

OT: Ill still be playing arcane, the main goal is to kill bosses as quickly and efficiently as possible. fun for me is progression, if that means a simple rotation, im all for it. Ill be playing the best spec until another dethrones it. but again, i have yet to see 4.3 mage changes.
    WHICH I HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOREVER FOR..

kbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    personally i think ur biased by not adding in frost. but whatevs.

OT: Ill still be playing arcane, the main goal is to kill bosses as quickly and efficiently as possible. fun for me is progression, if that means a simple rotation, im all for it. Ill be playing the best spec until another dethrones it. but again, i have yet to see 4.3 mage changes.
    WHICH I HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOREVER FOR..

kbye.
    He's asking whether you think fire will outdps arcane or not, in the next tier. Your answer being 'the best spec there is' isnt a answer on this specific question, imo....

I voted fire, alltho I dont mind playing arcane at all. Not because of the nice (big) numbers but it's such a different spec then fire and I've been fire for almost the entire t11 so it was a nice change. You need to really focus on your mana management as an arcane mage, every fight is different and you need a couple of kills (or wipes) to figer out what the best rotation of the different phases are

Ofcourse as a fire mage you need to get used to a new fight as well, but i find it more fun as arcane.
    The reason I voted for fire is because I like fire as a allround spec. Good/fun in pve and pvp.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

fire has been the dominant spec for most of the games history, i have no problem with playing arcane for the rest of the xpac, im sure fire will have a place in certain t13 encounters though

I prefer Arcane over fire. I'm not sure why, but I find the spec genuinely fun (as well as Affliction on my Warlock, so I'm not just a smple spec lover).
    As for 4.3, I think fire will receive a buff that will make it more competitive than it is now, but Arcane will still be the top DPS spec for mages.

Frost, I don't see getting much of a damage boost as that might imbalance PvP

Deleted
    Supplying my guild with the max dps i can give them, I'll probably go arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    For future reference, please refrain from making polls like this with a biased intent, especially when we have ZERO information to go on.

I'm leaving this open for now but keeping an eye on it, so behave.

People are still answering based on damage unfortunately. I highly doubt arcane would be even that high with its current playstyle.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    fire was more boring to play in ulduar/icc/etc.

arcane or frost imo

fire seems to the best spec at the end. I do agree that arcane is meh. Always thought arcane was meh but its just so much better than fire atm. But anyways I say yes base on TBC/Wotlk
    even though I was frost at the end of TBC
    Base on what I think about the current tier pieces, 100% proc rate on arcane blast makes me a sad panda probably means arcane will rule early on in this last tier set.

Fire is very boring and easy, with the most simple action priority list among all 3 specs. Hell, fire mage is even more boring and easy to play than combat rogue.

I would be quite frustrated if fire comes to be the spec of the choice in 4.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I would have preferred arcane with really aggressive mana management.

Otherwise, Frost
    Current fire is as boring as current arcane.

I voted Arcane because I genuinely enjoy playing the spec and because it provides me and my guild with the highest amount of DPS. IF fire is made the new go to spec for DPS in 4.3 obviously i will spec into it but i prefer arcane. Its easy to play and its VERY VERY raid leader friendly as I can maintain max DPS whilst looking after the raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been real good at fire myself. Always have preferred arcane just due to the mana management side of it, always found that fun and made each fight a bit different imo. If fire is the spec to go to, i think i would have trouble switching over just due to the fact that i hate any spec RNG based and that frustrates me.

With some of the new 4.3 notes out, Fire looks like it will be competitive again.

I prefer fire. I get awfully bored playing arcane. That being said, I play arcane now and will continue to do so if its the top DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    With some of the new 4.3 notes out, Fire looks like it will be competitive again.
    We still need to see the Arcane/Frost changes before passing judgement... however it looks as if atm it will bring fire in line with the other two, however Arcane will continue to outscale the other specs - that was and will continue to be a huge concern. Until Blizzard fixes that this is going to remain Arcane > Fire/Frost.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

I prefer fire. Sad that the RNG factor will stay just the same, though.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I'm staying arcane; I just don't like the RNG aspect of fire.