Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How to improve "active time" and effective dps? Recently switched over from caster to melee. For caster, it's easy. ABC. Always Be Casting and you get 99% active time. For melee, it seems like there are lots of time where I'm waiting on stuff to happen or something else. Here is a parse of 11 wipes on Ko'ragh where my DPS and eDPS are about 5k apart.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1723&wipes=1

Link to toon is in sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toegrinder View Post
    Fury, 640
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...grinder/simple
    General low DPS, usually bottom on DPS in my guild runs, need help improving it
    Ko'ragh (9 tries) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...dKRf#source=10
    Imperator (4 tries) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...JmfY#source=30

And a question, playing about with SD vs FS on a dummy, I'm usually slightly higher with FS, haven't got extensive testing with it in a raid though, but every warrior is and says to go SD? Feel like I have tons of downtime with SD. Any comments on SD vs FS?

Any and all help appreciated.
    Try prioritizing Bloodthirst more, you can do many more than 44 on a 4.5 minute long fight.

Also SD does have a lot more downtime than FS for obvious reasons but that doesnt make it a worse talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    How to improve "active time" and effective dps? Recently switched over from caster to melee. For caster, it's easy. ABC. Always Be Casting and you get 99% active time. For melee, it seems like there are lots of time where I'm waiting on stuff to happen or something else. Here is a parse of 11 wipes on Ko'ragh where my DPS and eDPS are about 5k apart.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1723&wipes=1

Link to toon is in sig.
    There is nothing wrong with having downtime playing fury or arms warrior atm, a lot of our dps comes from melee hits because they give us rage and damage same as a mage would be casting Frost Bolt or a hunter would be casting Steady Shot when nothing else is available.

New to WoW in general, been playing less than 3 months. Basically started about a month before WoD released. I'm pretty proud of my progress so far. I started with a rogue and was pretty bad, switched to Warrior and am getting better, I think. I've joined a casual raiding guild and I really want to get good. I'm not aiming for top of the charts here, just want to be better than the large majority of bad dps out there that blames heals for their failure. I've read the guides, i've got fairly decent spec appropriate gear, glyphs and enchants, and I'm pretty sure, I've got a solid understanding of the rotation.

Yet I can't seem to break 15k dps on Normal Highmaul. Based on WoL, the best GladWars can pull down 30k+ dps depending on the boss. I just want to break 20k so I have a shot at mythics. I really want to be a contributor to the guild instead of the "well he's better than that other guy...he was terrible" guy. anything you can do to help would be much appreciated. We'll be raiding again Thursday night, so if you can help before then awesome, i'll post an update. If not, well there will be more logs to look at? if you think it'll help, i can throw up a video of a heroic dungeon or something.

Gen Details:
    ProtWar DPSing in Glad Stance
    Opening Rotation: Charge, Shield Charge, Shield Slam, Rev, Dev, DR/DemoShout macroed together, used on Cooldown.

Main sequence: Use any procs (SnB, Rev,Ultim.)Pool Rage until USx3 or 4, zerker rage, Shield Charge and spam HS refreshing US with Dev as necessary, usually 2 sometimes 3 HS before i have to refresh. Sometimes I'll heroic leap and charge back in to get some extra rage. I am working on weaving in Tclap if there is 2 or more enemies because it applies deep wounds which is like 1/3 of the reason we use Dev right? The others being SS procs, and US stacks.

I know i have a tendency to end up spamming Dev/HS over and over and weaving in SS/Rev when they proc or come off CD. How much is this hurting my DPS?

Execute: Very rarely used, but usually spammed between SS/Rev and Dev when I have lots of excess rage.

Defensives: Shield Barrier before big magic damage or if rage is over 80 so i have enough left for shield charge. Impending Victory(I should probably swithc this back to Enrage Regen, I was just testing it since some guides said it could be better, particularly while questing/leveling) on cooldown IF below 85%. Shield Wall before big damage or if health drops below 60%. Last stand kicks in at 40%. Both SW and LS have Impending Victory macroed in as well.

World of Logs: /reports/rt-nt4nrgl8cu78u3az/details/73/
    Armory /lightbringer/Dahlong/advanced
    iLvl; 641
    Talents: Dbl Time, ImpVic, US, DR, Vigi(not currently being used, as I'm more focused on improving me before complicating things and worrying about others.), BB, and obviously Glad.
    Glyphs: Bull Rush, Unending Rage, and Cleave.

looking as some of yalls "dummy" tests and i gota question why do you stand in front of it so it blocks your atks sometimes? How often do you stand in front of a boss?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Hey guys. I've just picked up a decent offhand so I'm trying fury. I usually play prot/glad and I feel like my DPS is a lot lower than it should be at my gear level. I've only tried fury on dummies and my burst is pretty high but I can only sustain about 14k.

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enjamin/simple (it seems to be updating pretty slowly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RighteousDawn View Post
    New to WoW in general, been playing less than 3 months. Basically started about a month before WoD released. I'm pretty proud of my progress so far. I started with a rogue and was pretty bad, switched to Warrior and am getting better, I think. I've joined a casual raiding guild and I really want to get good. I'm not aiming for top of the charts here, just want to be better than the large majority of bad dps out there that blames heals for their failure. I've read the guides, i've got fairly decent spec appropriate gear, glyphs and enchants, and I'm pretty sure, I've got a solid understanding of the rotation.

Yet I can't seem to break 15k dps on Normal Highmaul. Based on WoL, the best GladWars can pull down 30k+ dps depending on the boss. I just want to break 20k so I have a shot at mythics. I really want to be a contributor to the guild instead of the "well he's better than that other guy...he was terrible" guy. anything you can do to help would be much appreciated. We'll be raiding again Thursday night, so if you can help before then awesome, i'll post an update. If not, well there will be more logs to look at? if you think it'll help, i can throw up a video of a heroic dungeon or something.

Gen Details:
    ProtWar DPSing in Glad Stance
    Opening Rotation: Charge, Shield Charge, Shield Slam, Rev, Dev, DR/DemoShout macroed together, used on Cooldown.

Main sequence: Use any procs (SnB, Rev,Ultim.)Pool Rage until USx3 or 4, zerker rage, Shield Charge and spam HS refreshing US with Dev as necessary, usually 2 sometimes 3 HS before i have to refresh. Sometimes I'll heroic leap and charge back in to get some extra rage. I am working on weaving in Tclap if there is 2 or more enemies because it applies deep wounds which is like 1/3 of the reason we use Dev right? The others being SS procs, and US stacks.

I know i have a tendency to end up spamming Dev/HS over and over and weaving in SS/Rev when they proc or come off CD. How much is this hurting my DPS?

Execute: Very rarely used, but usually spammed between SS/Rev and Dev when I have lots of excess rage.

Defensives: Shield Barrier before big magic damage or if rage is over 80 so i have enough left for shield charge. Impending Victory(I should probably swithc this back to Enrage Regen, I was just testing it since some guides said it could be better, particularly while questing/leveling) on cooldown IF below 85%. Shield Wall before big damage or if health drops below 60%. Last stand kicks in at 40%. Both SW and LS have Impending Victory macroed in as well.

World of Logs: /reports/rt-nt4nrgl8cu78u3az/details/73/
    Armory /lightbringer/Dahlong/advanced
    iLvl; 641
    Talents: Dbl Time, ImpVic, US, DR, Vigi(not currently being used, as I'm more focused on improving me before complicating things and worrying about others.), BB, and obviously Glad.
    Glyphs: Bull Rush, Unending Rage, and Cleave.
    First off, your trinkets are very bad and a big reason to why your dps is low, i wouldnt worry about mythic until you got more loot from highmaul overall.

I suppose you forgot to mention Bloodbath in your opener? It should look something like this: Charge>BB/DR>SC>SS>DEV>REV(SS if proc)>etc. Dunno why you are macroing Demo shout to DR, doesnt really increase your dps in any way.

You should always spam heroic strike, just watch out so you dont get below 20 rage when SC comes of CD, you never want to delay it, unless SS isnt ready yet, since you want to cast SS as the first or maybe second GCD inside SC.
    Thunderclap isnt needed until 4+ targets because you can easily swap targets as glad to spread Deep Wounds via Devastate until then.'
    Never Heroic Charge as Glad, it should never be needed plus you can only get rage from chrage once per target and I hope you charge in to the boss on pull?

Execute should only be cast when you have 4-6 stacks on US, SS/Rev is on CD and your rage is at like 60-80.

All in all, 15k isnt horrible with your gear on single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fynnch View Post
    Hey guys. I've just picked up a decent offhand so I'm trying fury. I usually play prot/glad and I feel like my DPS is a lot lower than it should be at my gear level. I've only tried fury on dummies and my burst is pretty high but I can only sustain about 14k.

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enjamin/simple (it seems to be updating pretty slowly)
    Very hard to see what you are doing wrong from that picture, all i can say is to look at the fury guide again and see what you do that doesnt match what is explained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sday View Post
    Hello fellow warriors,

As this is my first post i am "not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times." So i cant post you my Armory Link and my log... i Hope you can search it for urself.

My Name is Sday (also my Chars name-> Worgen warrior in Antonidas-EU) and i have some issues with my dps.

I am playing Fury and have an average Gearlevel of 647.
    When i compare to the other Warriors in my raid (also Furys) which do like 20k-23k DPS and me doing about 17k-19k i am really concerned...

Well when you looked to my Armory Link i have some bonus Armor pieces, cause i wanted to play gladi. With the recent buffs of Fury and seeing what DPS my warrior mates did, i wanted to play it myself. So i know that this peaces arnt good but i have to wait till i get something else.

Well as i previously said, i cant reach their DPS. I am aware, that i cant reach that 23k DPS the one Warrior is doing with ilvl 655, but the other Warrior with ilvl 649 should be more on my reach. still i cant get to him most of the time.

i dont know what to do... if i simulate my Char in Simcraft on heavy Movement fights (simcraft option) i get something around 21k DPS...
    I dont know if its my rotation, if i use my Cooldowns wrong or soemthing else...

please look into this...

p.s.: we only have warcraftlog logs if you want to search
    Hey Mates i still got no answer, i would really appreciate if you could look into this.

Sincerly,
    Sday

Deleted
    Hey Mates i still got no answer, i would really appreciate if you could look into this.

Sincerly,
    Sday
    You can post links, just not actual links. See how other users do above.

doing 19k dps as fury with bonus armor is totally fine.

Hey guys, first time posting...

Looking for any help or justification I'm doing what I need to be doing. Heroic progression is where our guild is at. As a fury warrior I feel I'm not hitting the marks on where my dps should be. I've simmed at about 22.5k using SMF - SD/SB/BB/Rav. For some reason on Butcher in the ideal environment, it seems I'm missing some dps as I'm only in the 39th percentile. I'd love a simple consultation/suggestion for improving... We downed HButcher and got my weapon on a roll, so my armory will reflect that. I use to have my OH as my MH and a 636.

I use TellMeWhen to track all trinket procs/buffs etc. and try and align cds with Skull procs.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/report/QYd6yZDLhpqvw71x#boss=1706[/url]
    battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/Dondu/simple[/url]

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    First off, your trinkets are very bad and a big reason to why your dps is low, i wouldnt worry about mythic until you got more loot from highmaul overall.

I suppose you forgot to mention Bloodbath in your opener? It should look something like this: Charge>BB/DR>SC>SS>DEV>REV(SS if proc)>etc. Dunno why you are macroing Demo shout to DR, doesnt really increase your dps in any way.

You should always spam heroic strike, just watch out so you dont get below 20 rage when SC comes of CD, you never want to delay it, unless SS isnt ready yet, since you want to cast SS as the first or maybe second GCD inside SC.
    Thunderclap isnt needed until 4+ targets because you can easily swap targets as glad to spread Deep Wounds via Devastate until then.'
    Never Heroic Charge as Glad, it should never be needed plus you can only get rage from chrage once per target and I hope you charge in to the boss on pull?

Execute should only be cast when you have 4-6 stacks on US, SS/Rev is on CD and your rage is at like 60-80.

All in all, 15k isnt horrible with your gear on single target.
    15k is above my best. I think my logs show 14.7 as the highest on any single fight. I usually spike at the beggining of a fight above 25 , then quickly drop down to 20 then 15 and continue dropping the longer the fight goes. Last nights LFR runs had me peaking at 20k on trash and 16 or 17 on bosses. Other wars in the group were pulling 20-22 on bosses and pushing 30 on trash. That's where I want to be.

Switching targets: So i'm having some trouble with this. Tab target doesn't behave the way I expect. Sometimes it doesn't switch targets, and sometimes it'll switch to a target thats far away or even behind me and I end up with the very frustrating "that target is too far away" or "you are facing the wrong way". Isn't it supposed to switch to the next closest target?

Heroic charge: I never open with charge, leap, charge on the same target, if that's what you're saying. mostly it's used as an oops, I dumped all my rage on HS with < 3 US stacks (that tendency to spam Dev/HS i was talking about) and now i have no rage, lets get some. Sometimes I use leap as an extra "charge" while tanking, charge left mob, heroic leap to right mob, charge back to middle mob, but that's a different discussion I think. I charge in as soon as the tank pulls, go into my opener and try to set up behind the boss and to one side.

Bloodbath: I did forget, but it's macro'd to DR/Demo. I know Demo does nothing for DPS. It's left over from a tank macro where Demo is Damage mitigation. and I believe they all share the same 1 min CD.

Trinkets: Is my stat priority off? BA>Str>Crit>Haste? I traded a lower ilvl armor trinket for Mote of Corruption thinking it's not BA, so higher iLvl and Str is better. Am I wrong? before that I had 2 FotS, one with the gem slot and one without. I also had a 624 Str trinket that had a use that boosted Mastery or Versatility for 15s on 115s CD. Should I have kept that instead? What would you recommend that is relatively easy to get(i.e. Heroic dungeons or AH/Trade) I don't have a ton of gold, maybe 12 or 13k. Might have 1 or 2k of mats I could sell. Guild uses DKP so it'll be awhile before I can realistically get anything from a raid. Even if I could get raid tier loot, BlizzRNG seems to love handing out gear you already have or worse or measly amounts of gold right now, at least that's how it is according to lfr chat. Though I did pickup the ring and cloak from lfr last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Sincerly,
    Sday
    What I wouldn't give to pull down 19k dps in offspec gear. i'd probably drop off the DPS charts or end up below healers or dead if I wasn't in spec appropriate gear.

Deleted
    15k is above my best. I think my logs show 14.7 as the highest on any single fight. I usually spike at the beggining of a fight above 25 , then quickly drop down to 20 then 15 and continue dropping the longer the fight goes. Last nights LFR runs had me peaking at 20k on trash and 16 or 17 on bosses. Other wars in the group were pulling 20-22 on bosses and pushing 30 on trash. That's where I want to be.

Switching targets: So i'm having some trouble with this. Tab target doesn't behave the way I expect. Sometimes it doesn't switch targets, and sometimes it'll switch to a target thats far away or even behind me and I end up with the very frustrating "that target is too far away" or "you are facing the wrong way". Isn't it supposed to switch to the next closest target?

Heroic charge: I never open with charge, leap, charge on the same target, if that's what you're saying. mostly it's used as an oops, I dumped all my rage on HS with < 3 US stacks (that tendency to spam Dev/HS i was talking about) and now i have no rage, lets get some. Sometimes I use leap as an extra "charge" while tanking, charge left mob, heroic leap to right mob, charge back to middle mob, but that's a different discussion I think. I charge in as soon as the tank pulls, go into my opener and try to set up behind the boss and to one side.

Bloodbath: I did forget, but it's macro'd to DR/Demo. I know Demo does nothing for DPS. It's left over from a tank macro where Demo is Damage mitigation. and I believe they all share the same 1 min CD.

Trinkets: Is my stat priority off? BA>Str>Crit>Haste? I traded a lower ilvl armor trinket for Mote of Corruption thinking it's not BA, so higher iLvl and Str is better. Am I wrong? before that I had 2 FotS, one with the gem slot and one without. I also had a 624 Str trinket that had a use that boosted Mastery or Versatility for 15s on 115s CD. Should I have kept that instead? What would you recommend that is relatively easy to get(i.e. Heroic dungeons or AH/Trade) I don't have a ton of gold, maybe 12 or 13k. Might have 1 or 2k of mats I could sell. Guild uses DKP so it'll be awhile before I can realistically get anything from a raid. Even if I could get raid tier loot, BlizzRNG seems to love handing out gear you already have or worse or measly amounts of gold right now, at least that's how it is according to lfr chat. Though I did pickup the ring and cloak from lfr last night.
    Stat prio should be Str>BA>Haste(330)>Crit>Haste>MS

The BA DMC trinket is really good and not very expensive.

Hey guys, I really don't know anymore where I can find help. I tried to figure out what I'm doing wrong by myself, checked Guides and Logs but Idk...

Maybe one of you more skilled warriors might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong in general or in detail.

My log:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/nYB8hdzvfD7AR2mp#type=damage-done&source=1

Arsenal link:

eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/frostwolf/Exeqt/simple

Have a great day guys, see you.

Hey I've been looking for increases on DPS, I'm gonna start heroic Imperator today and I was wondering if any of you fine warriors who have been playing the spec a lot longer then I can help me with my log.
    My Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Razler/simple

My WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=1403&e=1650

Hey guys, I've been struggling a lot this tier as a warrior. The rapid switching from Gladiator to Arms to Fury to try and keep my damage as high as possible for my guild has been a lot to wrap my head around. I did really well when gladiator was doing really well, but since then my DPS has been nothing short of embarrassing. I lost my spot on our heroic progression and three warrior trials were in our next normal farm run... so I'm getting a little antsy.

I sim much higher than what I pulled here. I read somewhere that FS > SD on pure, tunneling single target so I tried that here. Did I do poorly because of that talent decision? Is not using Wild Strike at all and just waiting that much of a DPS increase?

Any advice would be great.

Unfortunately I forgot to log the fight in question, but AskMrRobot seems to have a pretty good logging system up and you can see all of my guild's kills. I'm the 1h Fury War Revan.

Log
    Last edited by Phrev; 2014-12-18 at 10:10 PM.
    685 Fury Warrior, 671 MM Hunter, Illidan-US Horde
    655 Prot Paladin, Stormrage-US Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Phrev View Post
    I'm not an expert but I can chime in on a couple of things.

It looks like you're using Dragon's Roar over Storm Bolt on a single target. Storm Bolt seems like it does more dps on a single target. That warrior at the top seems overly geared for Butcher normal. I don't think you can compete with him at your current gear level.

Are you pre potting and repotting in the execute phase? That seems like a problem I was having.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambosaur View Post
    Are you pre potting and repotting in the execute phase? That seems like a problem I was having.
    Indeed prepotting, and I repot when our RL calls it out. I haven't thought about Storm Bolt that much, maybe that combined with not using SD equates to 4k dps loss? I'm just trying to figure out how I can maximize my usefulness, and I thought I had a handle on everything but it seems like I misinterpreted a guide or a discussion somewhere and I'm just not doing it "right" enough.
    685 Fury Warrior, 671 MM Hunter, Illidan-US Horde
    655 Prot Paladin, Stormrage-US Alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quulawl View Post
    Hey guys, I really don't know anymore where I can find help. I tried to figure out what I'm doing wrong by myself, checked Guides and Logs but Idk...

Maybe one of you more skilled warriors might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong in general or in detail.

My log:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/nYB8hdzvfD7AR2mp#type=damage-done&source=1

Arsenal link:

eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/frostwolf/Exeqt/simple

Have a great day guys, see you.
    You are missing about 30-35 BTs on that Koragh fight. Also you should have the best weapon in your main hand when playing SD.

Try hitting that BT more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phrev View Post
    Indeed prepotting, and I repot when our RL calls it out. I haven't thought about Storm Bolt that much, maybe that combined with not using SD equates to 4k dps loss? I'm just trying to figure out how I can maximize my usefulness, and I thought I had a handle on everything but it seems like I misinterpreted a guide or a discussion somewhere and I'm just not doing it "right" enough.
    Storm bolt is indeed a little bit better than DR on single target but most important it fills more GCDs than DR does which is nice with low crit.

Looking at your logs, you did a good amount of BTs. How are you handling yuor rage? You should have about 80 when BB becomes ready and never use any rage when you are not enraged (unless capped). Also, you only used one pot, try saving up a good amount of rage, BB and BFury going into execute phase.

An armory link would be good

Deleted
    Hello! Im currently in a guild aiming for mythic and I feel the need to push my damage a bit. On some fights like Kargath and Butcher im doing just fine, but it gets worse from there.

Im kindly asking for tips on how to improve as a ret paladin, especially now that my guild has promoted me from a trial to a raider and trusted me with several good loots.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oppster/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Moppens View Post
    Hello! Im currently in a guild aiming for mythic and I feel the need to push my damage a bit. On some fights like Kargath and Butcher im doing just fine, but it gets worse from there.

Im kindly asking for tips on how to improve as a ret paladin, especially now that my guild has promoted me from a trial to a raider and trusted me with several good loots.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oppster/simple
    Oh dude, should post this in the Paladin forum.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Oh dude, should post this in the Paladin forum.
    Oh, sorry! I'll definitely do that. Cheers.