Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Err, how are you losing dps by manually target switching and Rending?
    If you're unlucky enough to get a swing on a target with no Rend. Macros/addons make it a lot easier to track and to use Rend. Why changing target and having the risk of getting a swing on him while he has no Rend and lose the Enhanced Rend thingy?

Edit: No wonder why when you check the top logs, all you see is them spamming Rend but not switching targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbton View Post
    Hey guys I've been wondering if I'm playing to my character's full potential recently so I decided I'd finally sign up and post some logs to see if there is stuff I can improve on.
    Over all I feel my single target dps is somewhat lacking as fury.
    I'm not really sure what it is so hopefully you guys can help me do some more damage.
    Anyways here are the links to logs and my armory.

warcraftlogs.com /reports/LbKh2ryJBTZzPgf3
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Grubbton/advanced

And yeah I forgot to glyph rude interruption for orefella
    Thanks in advance!
    Gruul: Your Enrage uptime is good, but your Berserker Rage management is bad. I saw you started your rotation with Charge > Cooldowns > Execute > Stormbolt > Berserker Rage, this is bad in my opinion. If you wanted to use Berserker Rage then you should've done it on the start. I start with Charge > Cooldowns in the middle way before I reach the boss > Bloodthirst > Execute > then whatever. I noticed you didn't have 4p and you also used AM for a 4 minutes fight. You used your Recklessness as soon as it came off cd, which is not good. You should've waited to use Reck on 20% since you wouldn't have an additional Reck on a 4 minutes fight even with AM. Try not to use Glyph of Raging Wind for single target fight. It's always better if you find a glyph that you can actually make some benefit off of it. I saw that you had no petrifying slam on you, such luck.

Oregorger: Too bad you forgot to use Rude Interruption, it's a big factor on your dps. You used your 2nd potion mid fight, which is not good.

In general: You shouldn't be throwing up Berserker Rages, you have to save them for moments you aren't Enraged. The fact that your "melee" is your top damage and it's way ahead your 2nd damage which is Execute (on both fights) is something you need to work on, I think. Most of the times my melee damage is either equal or less than my Execute damage.

If you don't have an addon to track your Enrage, I suggest you to get one. And just practice on managing your cds + Berserker Rages and you will be fine.
    Last edited by Headscutter; 2015-04-14 at 03:13 PM.

Hello, I'm looking for some specific feedback I can give for one of my fury warriors. Looking through his logs for last night's raid, his numbers aren't good. I think it might be due to weapons and trinkets coupled with bad itemization (no enough crit I think?), however, I don't know how large an effect these would have on his performance, and I haven't played warrior since Wrath so I'd appreciate a second opinion.

Anyway, here's his relevants:
    Last night's logs (toon name is Bitrus): warcraftlogs reports/N68hy4HcdPL279M3#boss=-2

His armory: en/character/blackhand/Bitrus/advanced

I'd appreciate any explanations you can give me as well. Thanks in advance! (Sorry about not posting links, says I'm too new to the site)

Quote Originally Posted by Salterium View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for some specific feedback I can give for one of my fury warriors. Looking through his logs for last night's raid, his numbers aren't good. I think it might be due to weapons and trinkets coupled with bad itemization (no enough crit I think?), however, I don't know how large an effect these would have on his performance, and I haven't played warrior since Wrath so I'd appreciate a second opinion.

Anyway, here's his relevants:
    Last night's logs (toon name is Bitrus): warcraftlogs reports/N68hy4HcdPL279M3#boss=-2

His armory: en/character/blackhand/Bitrus/advanced

I'd appreciate any explanations you can give me as well. Thanks in advance! (Sorry about not posting links, says I'm too new to the site)
    He doesn't have 4p which makes his dps go lower than others.

Gruul: His Enrage uptime is pretty bad for Gruul. He has the wrong set of talents, he's using DR > BS > Ravager. If you don't wanna go with AM then you should go Siegebreaker. Ravager is not that awesome on single target as Fury anymore. He's also using BS which is totally crap for single target. He should either try BB or Avatar. A lot of people use DR over SB, I personally prefer SB since it can line up perfectly with my Scabbard + Avatar. He has to work on his "starter". He used Charge > BT (didn't crit) > Reck > Execute > BT (which it did crit). He should try Charge > Reck on the way to the boss > BT (and there is a high chance to crit) > If it doesn't crit then use Berserker Rage > Execute > whatever. He used 57 Bloodthirsts on a 4:30 minutes fight. BT has around 4 secs cds when you have the appropriate haste which I think he hasn't. But let's say he had 4 secs cd on it, he should've had around 67 BT casts.

Oregorger: He used only 1 Reck, 1 pot, 1 Ravager, 1 Bloodbath, and 1 Blood Fury throughout the entire encounter. He needs to work on his cds management.

Darmac: I would advice him to go DR > BS > AM for this fight. This way he can have DR + BS for every pack. Now for this boss and Thogar, the more aoers you have in your group, the less dps they will do.

Kromog: I would suggest him to go DR > BS > AM. This way he can use them twice as much. Not to mention that if there is a lot of aoers in your group, Ravager won't be that great since it deals damage for 11 seconds, and everything will be pretty much dead before it ends. You need solid strong burst for those phases, and DR + BS can bring you that. With AM he will be able to use DR + BS on the start, on rune phases, after every rune phase, and he will still have them for every rune phase.

Edit Kromog: He was using Wild Strike on the rune phase. He should either do WW + RB or just do a BT to get a crit, then do BS.
    Last edited by Headscutter; 2015-04-15 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Headscutter View Post
    Hope I helped with something.
    Interesting, I'm not sure the rend macro causes a dps increase, since I'm refreshing it before it falls off (which means my melees are still getting ER), but I'll see if it helps. I think you may have actually missed something I caught second time around: I was using AM, but only used Recklessness 4 times in the 10 min fight, which is bad. I appreciate the look, and I've taken the things you said into consideration.

Thanks!

Just reading some of these tips have proved very helpful to me, I'll be posting logs soon because I also feel my single target dps is lacking.

Hi all,

I was in a pugged into a guild mythic group stuck on gruul. What I am wondering is how this other fury warrior was putting up much higher dps than me. We're pretty much equal gear. I think he has better trinks than I do. But that really shouldn't make this big of a difference i would imagine. We have around the same enrage uptime... I can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. It can't just be better trinks right? Does seigebreaker make that much of a difference than AM?

logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=22

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...-52/Evs/simple

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Evs215 View Post
    Hi all,

I was in a pugged into a guild mythic group stuck on gruul. What I am wondering is how this other fury warrior was putting up much higher dps than me. We're pretty much equal gear. I think he has better trinks than I do. But that really shouldn't make this big of a difference i would imagine. We have around the same enrage uptime... I can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. It can't just be better trinks right? Does seigebreaker make that much of a difference than AM?

logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=22

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...-52/Evs/simple

Any help would be appreciated.
    He used 2 Reck and 2 Blood Fury while you used only 1 of each. He did it wrong since he had to save them for the last 20%. This is 1 of the reasons for the difference between you 2.

Fights like Gruul, AM only comes in hand when you can get an additional Reck. Unless you have Vial then you can go Avatar > AM, he had Horn + Vial so he went BB > Siege to line up his BB with Vial. Your trinkets are not that good honestly, Bottle is really meh. I think even normal Vial/Horn can be better than Bottle, or try to get Scabbard and go Avatar > Scabbard > Storm Bolt > Siege on Gruul and you will love the dps . And try to get heroic Vial/Horn to switch it with Forgemaster.

Not to mention that Gruul is a fight with a luck based, your dps depends if you get petrified or not. Sometimes you can have a fight where you get no petrified, while in other tries you can get 3 consecutive petrifyings.

Deleted
    If you're unlucky enough to get a swing on a target with no Rend. Macros/addons make it a lot easier to track and to use Rend. Why changing target and having the risk of getting a swing on him while he has no Rend and lose the Enhanced Rend thingy?
    Getting a swing on a target with no Rend? What does that even mean rofl. Maybe you tried to say refreshing rend early. By that logic, you can also hit the wrong macro and reapply rend to a wrong target just the same. If you fail you're gonna fail with or without a macro.

You have 5 seconds to switch targets and Rend things, you don't lose any dps.

As I said it's helpful, ofcourse top warriors will use it, how is that a wonder. I said it won't affect your dps unless you fail at refreshing targets with rend higher than 5 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-04-18 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Getting a swing on a target with no Rend? What does that even mean rofl. Maybe you tried to say refreshing rend early. By that logic, you can also hit the wrong macro and reapply rend to a wrong target just the same. If you fail you're gonna fail with or without a macro.

You have 5 seconds to switch targets and Rend things, you don't lose any dps.

As I said it's helpful, ofcourse top warriors will use it, how is that a wonder. I said it won't affect your dps unless you fail at refreshing targets with rend higher than 5 seconds.
    When you check someone's logs and you see that he had a total of 140 swings, but only 123 Enhanced Rend, then I realize that there is something "wrong". I'm just giving tips on how to improve this 17 attacks on targets with "no Rend"

Just a reminder in case you don't know or forgot: Enhanced Rend:
    Each of your autoattacks causes (76.62% of Attack power) additional Physical damage from your Rend on the target.

Deleted
    When you check someone's logs and you see that he had a total of 140 swings, but only 123 Enhanced Rend, then I realize that there is something "wrong". I'm just giving tips on how to improve this 17 attacks on targets with "no Rend"

Just a reminder in case you don't know or forgot: Enhanced Rend:
    Each of your autoattacks causes (76.62% of Attack power) additional Physical damage from your Rend on the target.
    You should be keeping rend up on all targets anyway, so how would you accidently attack a target that doesn't have rend up, that's the fail in the first place, not tabbing and autoattacking that target. Your macro wouldn't solve that problem whatsoever. There is something called pandemic, you have 5 seconds to refresh the rend, unless you are refreshing Rend AFTER it drops off, you won't lose damage.

Macro is only a good QoL thing to have since you want to be focusing certain targets at certain points so you don't waste time tabbing and doing slightly less damage on your man target.

Deleted
    Hi, been scanning through my logs and comparing them with others but I cant really get a hand on what is wrong. Playing SMF and my multi target is fine but my single target is lacking. I would really appreciate someone giving me a hint on whats wrong. I'm linking a mythic Gruul kill.

Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/CFKvPnGRVg2LtMmc#type=damage-done&fight=12&source=25

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Anemy/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Anemy View Post
    Hi, been scanning through my logs and comparing them with others but I cant really get a hand on what is wrong. Playing SMF and my multi target is fine but my single target is lacking. I would really appreciate someone giving me a hint on whats wrong. I'm linking a mythic Gruul kill.

Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/CFKvPnGRVg2LtMmc#type=damage-done&fight=12&source=25

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Anemy/advanced
    Enrage uptime is good, CD usage is good, spec is good. Your problems on that kill (compared to Levson) are:

1. You only hit BT 64 times out of roughly 75 possible. Levson hit every one.

2. Worse RNG. Levson had 29% uptime on Horn, which is absurd. You had 13%. Levson's Horn procced back-to-back-to-back in execute phase, which is extremely lucky. He also hit Raging Blow 56 times to your 47. Most of that probably comes from the increased BT usage, but I'd wager at least a few are from more 2pc procs.

3. He has Vial and you do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Enrage uptime is good, CD usage is good, spec is good. Your problems on that kill (compared to Levson) are:

2. Worse RNG. Levson had 29% uptime on Horn, which is absurd. You had 13%. Levson's Horn procced back-to-back-to-back in execute phase, which is extremely lucky. He also hit Raging Blow 56 times to your 47. Most of that probably comes from the increased BT usage, but I'd wager at least a few are from more 2pc procs.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am trying to get myself a vial since i know its a great trinket for AM and reck combo. Thanks again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post

That Horn RNG on that guy lol.

Added to this,

Your execute usage in your final Reck could be improved a bit. You only used 5 executes within the 14 second window of your Reck (and 4 set contd.) You should be pooling up rage before you use reck at the execute phase, that should give you 4 off the bat, you can fit in 2 or 3 BTs inside and BzR that's another, and you should be able to get another 2-3 from auto attack rage within that 14 seconds. So you should be fitting in at least 7 if not 8 (sometimes 9) executes within. Also plan ahead and manage your rage so that you are able to spam execute more at the end of your Reck, due to the 4set being stronger towards the end of your Reck, rather than popping Reck and emptying your entire ragebar with spam executes.

There's the RNG on your execute recks as well, the other warrior had 9 crit multistrikes from executes, you only had 3, and he used execute 7 times opposed to your 5, added to this as mentioned above he had back to back horn procs; he did 2.25m damage in the final reck, compared to your 1.4m.

Hello everyone,

For a few weeks now I've been on the lower end of Fury DPS and can't seem to climb back up. My guild has started doing Mythic progression and have downed Best, Ore, and Gruul and are now working on H&F. However, last night on Gruul I was doing terrible in comparison to another fury warrior in the guild. I'm not 100% sure why I fell behind so much, but I want to change that and not be a dps burden.

Logs: warcraftlogs reports abwYPJtqcMVdR2p6#fight=8&type=damage-done
    Armory: en/character/hyjal/Lelena/advanced

Sorry for no true links. Too new to post them it seems. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDrako39 View Post
    Hello everyone,

For a few weeks now I've been on the lower end of Fury DPS and can't seem to climb back up. My guild has started doing Mythic progression and have downed Best, Ore, and Gruul and are now working on H&F. However, last night on Gruul I was doing terrible in comparison to another fury warrior in the guild. I'm not 100% sure why I fell behind so much, but I want to change that and not be a dps burden.

Logs: warcraftlogs reports abwYPJtqcMVdR2p6#fight=8&type=damage-done
    Armory: en/character/hyjal/Lelena/advanced

Sorry for no true links. Too new to post them it seems. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
    You can just remove the http from the front to stop it from being a link, just an fyi for future reference.

He has a scabbard which makes his opener and execute phase with cds much stronger than yours. Though Horn is better than the BH trinket, so you've got the upper hand there.

The main issue with your log is delayed cooldown usage. He used 6 avatars compared to your 4, remember that Avatar will get the same cd reduction as Reck, so it will always be half the duration, so if you use it on cooldown, it will always be back up for your next Reck.

Added to that, you delayed your Recks too far so that you only got 3 casts out of your final Reck during the execute phase. The execute phase and aligning cooldowns for it is the most important factor playing on your dps as a warrior, so you need to manage that better. You also popped your pre-pot randomly rather than using it with your Reck during execute phase.

Regarding cd usage on execute phase, you should be pooling rage and then popping your Reck, and fit in as many executes in your Reck window as you can.

Deleted
    Hey guys. I play my war as an alt for my guild and plan on playing it more seriously and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice/guidance as to what I would be doing wrong. I only started to log recently so the only log I have available yet is on a Gruul fight.

Log = warcraftlogs.com/reports/TQHWVv2k3FfA7pG9/#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=13
    Armory link = eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/Guu/advanced

If you could also tell me if there is something that needs to be switch/changed on my stuff (I know my trinkets are quite bad...). I also have the scabbard trinket and was wondering which one (scabbard vs vial 670) would be better on single target (I reckon scabbard would be better on aoe situation).

Deleted
    I have problems by any boss Fights, with complete DPS i think i have a god GS and enough Stats ( Crit unbuffed ) , i stalk my logs from Grul i seen that was terrible dps

LOG: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...g3WAN#fight=47

Armoy Link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ar/Rylo/simple

Deleted
    Goodmorning guys!

Im in serious trouble and need help. Im not performing up to my own and guild expectation and my DPS should be way better that it is.

Ive been reading guides on Icy-veins but its just not helping and after asking my guildmates they recommended me to come here instead. I appreciate any feedback and critique that can improve my gameplay, just bring it on.

Here is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rtanten/simple

Here are logs for Mythic beast and ore:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3pXzWx#fight=6
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3pXzWx#fight=9

As you can see the other warrior is performing way better and we have the same ilvl, but he has a worse trinket and weapon so I should actually perform better. When looking at his logs I can se that he plans his CD better than me so thats something im going to work on.

Anyway, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi,
    i hope someone can look into my logs and tell my where and how i can improve.
    (Had to put a space in the links because i'm not allowed to post links by now)

Logs warcraftlogs. com/reports/XFW7dDTph8YZRwc3
    Armory eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/malganis/Ddm/advanced

I don't have to much practice in WoD Raiding in general, because i have been away some while. My raid carried me through BRF HC mostly, because i have been a core member in MoP and they knew, that i would be away for some time, but coming back.
    I catched up with gear and did all the fights, but just a few times. As we are starting with mythic now, i want to perform as good as possible. This means, better than i'm doing at the moment ;-)

I know, it's not the best fight for melee, especially for fury, but at Blackhand HC i was able to pull ~32k (had Scabbard instead of Forgemaster at this fights and 2xThogar 2h) so i am more or less ok at the moment with my single target dps. I stayed on the boss all the time, because we had boomkins for the balcony.
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/yZFqgRjfmtL9Kb62

But with more targets, i am not sure if i am doing the right decisions.

For Mythic Darmac now, i am not really satisfied with my dps. At the beginning and mid fight i was able to get to 47-50k+ with good positioning of Dragon Roar, Ravager and Bladestorm. But in the end, i am losing more and more dps. I don't know if its me, or (also) the chaos that we still have when Faultline is active and Darmac himself in the end (first kill yesterday). I have a lot of trouble to keep my dps up with epicentre, adds (fire after they died) and the canon of faultline. In my opinion, we could move the boss and adds in a better way to have more free space to move and not stand in any aoe. It's also hard to keep on executing, do some aoe for the add waves and keep on moving around the aoe + pay attention to rend and tear.
    But still without the chaos:
    Placing Ravager can be tricky. Sometimes i am to late because i am waiting for the add tank to place them, but then, they are already half dead. Dragon Roar is not that big of a deal.
    Bladestorm should be activated with at least 6 sec enrage. So, waiting for BT and/or Berserker Rage and missing ticks of BS because adds are also half dead by then or starting BS with just i.e. 3 sec left or even not enraged and not able to get enraged because of cooldown?
    When Darmac dismounts and he + mount is active. Just Single target or BT -> WW -> RB (and for sure procs of RB, WS, Exe)? Or just execute the mount?
    In general, if 2-3 targets are up and BS, Ravager, DR is on CD, i feel like i'm doing not enough dmg even with keeping (trying to keep) to the rotation from icy-veins.

Are my dps also not this good because the adds are dying to fast? Everyone is pretty well geared (myself a tiny bit less) and a lot of them are also aoeing the adds.