Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dismantle and warriors

Hello. Can someone give me some advice what to do when rogues dismantle me? Switching to sword and board doesn't help, because tool tip for dismantle says it removes both MH/OH or MH/shield. Atm my warrior is 61 so only thing I was able to do is to rocket jump then charge back to stun rogue. Don't think I have ever tried to disarm rogue during dismantle, don't know is it possible without weapon. I'm guessing that when I get heroic leap I could use it to gain some distance for charge, but there isn't much of options there that I can see. Any suggestions? Thanks

Deleted
    Fear? Otherwise not a lot you can do.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At 85, your PvP 4-set is 60% disarm reduction meaning on average they'll last 4 seconds.

I'd just suggest living with it until then. :P

You could trinket it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You could trinket it.
    And if you did you deserve to lose...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get three pieces of High Warlord gear for 60% disarm reduction. Then get brutal and wrathful stuff at 70 and 80 respectively.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Trinket removes dismantle? I really need to read those tooltips Btw can I disarm them when I'm dismantled? Haven't tried it yet

Yes you can Disarm them when you are Dismantled I would recommend doing so.

Use Demo Shout when anyone disarms you. Following this up with a slow and then using retaliation helps a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes u can but they often dodge it unless your behind or stun them. take the time to apply debuffs like thunderclap and and demo shout as well

Switch to shields and defencive stans and shield the shit out of them!

don't think switching to shield helps. dismantle removes both weapons/shield. its like you get dismantled and you're out of your 2h weapon, you just switch to another weapon. doesn't makes sense.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 02:01 PM ----------

and thanks to all of you. will have plenty of time to practice counteractions

Unfair that rogues have a disarm that disarms ranged/shields aswell as mainhand weapons, every class should have that!

Quote Originally Posted by ramolegenda View Post
    don't think switching to shield helps. dismantle removes both weapons/shield. its like you get dismantled and you're out of your 2h weapon, you just switch to another weapon. doesn't makes sense.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 02:01 PM ----------

and thanks to all of you. will have plenty of time to practice counteractions
    You can switch to shields with no main hand if they havn't changed that since wotlk
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-10-15 at 02:36 PM.

At those low levels, go prot and destroy leather classes and hunters.

Problem solved.
    "Do not brand me a tyrant" - Knight Commander Meredith

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    And if you did you deserve to lose...
    No. Trinketing a disarm/dismantle is perfectly warranted at times - I've had a rogue dismantle my warrior several times whilst said rogue and his team mate(s) burst to prevent shield wall/shield block/spell reflect/etc. I've also had us win matches because of our warrior trinketing a disarm offensively when he knew we would kill something and win if he did.

I personally enjoy using heroic leap to get some distance then charge back in.

Also I am not sure if blizzard ever changed it but back in wotlk you could still equip a shield right after the ability was used assuming their was nothing in your offhand when the ability was used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to counter dismantle is that you run away in circles and dont let the rogue hit you for that duration (if you are not slowed by poisions). Thats in case if you have all other cds on cooldown.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Intimidating shout is a good idea, rocketjump+charge is nice too, and you can also apply thunder clap and demoralizing shout if you got nothing up and have to wait it out.
    (however, if you have rocket jump, IMO an even better idea is to apply hamstring (or even double for a snare), rocket jump and try to keep distance between him and you till Dismantle wears off... and _then_ charge back.)

well even with hamstring, they can shadowstep on my back, i think. so that won't help much. i will try to switch to shield if can, but so far rocketjump+charge saved me few times. got disarm reduction from my warlord gear for now, so with jump and charge i have enough time for disarm to pass. used disarm few times also, kept me alive long enough. now just to find a way to survive rogue duos and trios thanks all for the suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    @85 fear heroic leap away
    Or disarm the rouge and play through
    *given if you are a tank of course*

if you are arms, fear and run

@61, intimidating shout and run asap, rogues can destroy you at lower levels, unless you are a priest/mage =P