Poll: Which Harry Potter was your favorite?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Harry Potter: Which one? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS!]

So, after watching all the Harry Potters in a movie marathon with my girlfriend, I asked myself: What's most people favorite Harry Potter movie? and Why?

Personally, mine was The Order of the Phoenix.

There was too much unmeasured badassery in that movie and Sirius Black's death was touching as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I hated the 5th one. It did absolutely no justice to the book (Order was my favorite).

While I love them all I honestly want to say that Sorcerers Stone might be, it honestly felt the most magical of them all. 4th one also gave a powerful feeling since it was when it definitely started getting darker (books and movie wise).....I just hated Harry's hair.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Order of the Pheonix was the worst movie and the worst book. I haven't seen the last movie, but I think my favourite would be 3, Prisoner of Azkabhan or whatever.

EDIT: ALl my opinion of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Prisoner of Azkhaban. Best story, awesome twist, dementors and emotional depth.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd one, Prisoner of Azkhaban was the best movie. It might not be my favorite book of the series, but it did the best job of translating book to screen of all of them.

Prisoner and Goblet in terms of movies. Half-blood would have been amazing if they hadn't cut out the damn fight scene. Fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Voting prisoner of azkhaban - by far the film that most closely resembles the books.

First one was pretty good too, mainly due to the first experience of the world of Harry Potter being put into movies - when i first saw griffindor's common room, was awesome.

To be honest, i was pretty disapointed in the movies, i thought they'd keep in line with the books alot more than they actually did considdering J.K.R. was actually 'helping' them... I was sasdly mistaken :<

If you've not read the book, but enjoyed the film (and enjoy reading) then read them. They're awesome!

For reference, my favourite book? to be honest, i really am not sure, Goblet of fire onwards really, i quite liked reading the angrier side of Harry coming through in Order of the phoenix. Gaaaaah, i wan't to read them all again now :<

Deleted
    Deathly Hallows part 1 and 2. Half Blood Prince is decent as well. The previous ones are too childish imo. But on the other hand it's been intresting to follow the development of the characters thru the movies (and ofcourse the books).

As far as both the movie and the book go, it's easily the Philosopher's Stone for me. The book introduced a whole new world that was mind-boggingly deep without being a drag to read in the text. The movie was exciting because it was very nice seeing a visual representation of the world and how it compared with what I had pictured when reading.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Half-blood would have been amazing if they hadn't cut out the damn fight scene. Fuckers.
    I 100% Agree with this ..

I did enjoy the way they played out Malfoy's Turmoil and his task in general ... I LOVED Horace Slughorn as a character and the way they brought him to life ... And also really enjoyed the way they did all the Memory scenes between Harry and Dumbeldore ...

But seriously skipping about 90% of the End Fight Scene was just a fucking abomination ... There was no Proffesor Mcgonagall being a bad ass and then getting Hit and Hagrid going fucking Super Saiyan ... It was just Bellatrix setting Hagrid's Hut on fire, Laughing for 3minutes and Snape and Harry exchanging about 5 spells and the Half-Blood Reveal was just lame as shit.

I voted Philosopher Stone because I felt as the first movie it really started the Magic and whilst yes, some of the acting by the kids was slightly Cringe-Worthy at times .. It was still done quite well and probably one of the movies which was closest to the books, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban ...

It's slightly sad that the last book got 2 Parts and yet they still swayed SO much from the book that it ended up being worse, (as a movie/s AND as 'attempting to be as close to the books as possible') then most of the other little 1.5-2hr films.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathly Hallows pt. II is the best.

I think each movie is better than the one before it. The acting is incredibly awkward and the CGI sucks in the first few but gets progressively better with each movie. There were a few enormous mistakes made along the way (mostly in scenes that were completely left out or done no justice in the last few) and 19 Years Later had me squirming in my seat a little because it was so awkward, but generally speaking, each one is better than the last.

The books are unquestionably better than any of the movies, though. For the most part I think each book is better than the last, too. Except 5. I have a special hatred for Order of the Phoenix, and a lot of it is based in the death of Sirius.
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2012-02-05 at 05:19 AM.

2nd one, chamber of secrets.

It was just full of mystery and the secret voice that Harry could only hear that echoed from the walls... ughh it gives me the chills.

Half blood prince was the most entertaining however Deathly hollows was close 2nd.
    Order of the phoenix was the worst one out of them all in my personal opinion.

Of course I don't judge them on how accurate they were when compared to the books but instead on overall storyline.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-02-05 at 05:28 AM.

"After all this time, Severus?"
    "Always."
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

prisoner of azkhaban because imo it was when the series really took off movie-wise, its still my favorite

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Order of the Pheonix was the worst movie and the worst book. I haven't seen the last movie, but I think my favourite would be 3, Prisoner of Azkabhan or whatever.

EDIT: ALl my opinion of course
    Yeah Order of the Phoenix was kinda bad, but I did kinda like the ending with all the wizards actually fighting for once. Still wasn't nearly as bad the Half-Blood Prince though >.>.

My favorite would have to be Deathly Hollows II, with Goblet of Fire coming in a close second.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-05 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I was actually talking to a couple friends earlier about how I have to read all of them again now...

This thread makes it even more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Wow, I hated the 5th one. It did absolutely no justice to the book (Order was my favorite).
    Order was probably one my least favorite of the books. It seemed like Harry was just being a whiny little bitch the whole time. 3rd was my favorite book, although both of the Deathly Hallows movies together was probably my favorite movie. Voted Halfblood Prince just because the two movies by themselves weren't the best.

I almost walked out of Half-Blood Prince, I thought it was completely atrocious and I was insulted that it was made as-is.

Goblet was the best movie, Prisoner the best book.

Second one, the first and second ones were the only good ones, after that they were crap.