Thread: Firelands GDKPs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Firelands GDKPs

Anyone else having success running these yet? I know the Mal'Ganis run goes 6/7H.

My group on Illidan is 4/7H with 7/7 clear as well, and our pot this week was just over 1,000,000g. How's your server doing atm?
    Last edited by Ahdehl; 2011-10-09 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Anyone else having success running these yet? I know the Mal'Ganis run goes 6/7H.

My group is 4/7H with 7/7 clear as well, and our pot this week was just over 1,000,000g. How's your server doing atm?
    You're so luck, my server doesn't even try that. And we're pretty high up on server ranking.

<-- Jelly

brb transferring to your server so i can get 40k gold every week for facerolling firelands.

norly 7/7 hc priesty prist

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion has had no GDKP run since Icecrown Citadel, as far as I know. To be honest, it is not something I personally miss -- I'd rather take my chances with the dice. (Disclaimer: I'm not rich.)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

afraid i dont see any on stormrage..

i miss icc25 gdkps used to rake in 30-100k gold a week for myself depending on how many i went to ( and I organized one a week ).

too bad I spent a lot of what I made, lol.

Did a 7/7 norm last sunday with a 520k pot and relatively poor loot, alot of our big buyers said they got 0 drops to bid on. Will be doing some H bosses tomorrow.

I go to the ones on Mal'Ganis and both make about 1.5 million gold each and do 6/7 and 5/7 heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    I go to the ones on Mal'Ganis and both make about 1.5 million gold each and do 6/7 and 5/7 heroic.
    We one shot everything but Baleroc. Rarely more than 5 wipes a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post

My group on Illidan is 4/7H with 7/7 clear as well, and our pot this week was just over 1,000,000g. How's your server doing atm?
    I play on illy and never see any GDKP's ever, so maybe its just a few ppl you know but ya...

Details of the Mal'Ganis ones:
    Friday at 8pm - 6/7 HM 25M in 3-3.5 hours, average pot total of 1.5 million + (60k per person take home).
    Saturday at 8pm - 5/7 HM 25M in 3.5-4 hours, average pot total of 1.5 million + (60k per person take home).

Sadly, most of the time is taken up bidding on loot (about 1 hour of the run total). However, for our pot totals..ppl tend to not complain.

I run both these runs, and more information is available on our realm forums.

Our legendaries have sold anywhere from 500k - 1.25m.

Run it like a business, be fair and unbiased, and have solid rules you don't bend on much, and I'm sure you'll be successful at it.
    Also, treat everyone as a buyer and a worker. Have a progression plan set in mind that balances progression/loot available, and market the run externally to attract clients who you can bring in for individual fights.

Key is also to not have too many runs on the server that do GDKP else it dilutes the talent pool and the amount of gold earned per hour.

In addition, people like transparency, and to know that favorites aren't being played in the run. Also, ensure you follow your own rules.
    That's what I do at least, and its proven to be a successful formula.
    Last edited by Daekon; 2011-10-09 at 10:56 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Theres a GDKP run that happens on silvermoon Eu every Saturday at 13:15 server time. Currently cleared 5/7hc, the guy who runs it is starting a Sunday run aswell (which was first done on friday) which cleared 7/7 normal with a 24k pot per person. The Hc run generally gives between 40-50k per person.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server hasn't seen GDKP's since ICC and I don't envision seeing them again anytime soon.

Deleted
    I have never heard of this, can someone explain how it works, is it like bidding for loot with gold???

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    I have never heard of this, can someone explain how it works, is it like bidding for loot with gold???
    Yeah, raid members bid for loot with their gold. All of the gold goes into a pot and then is split between all members present at the end of the raid. Elitist Jerks have a good guide from ICC on what they are and how to run them.

As for my server, the GDKPs just started up again this week; we went 7/7 with a pot of 14.5k each. Not bad since there's nowhere to go but up from here.

My server had a healthy GDKP community during ICC, and I remember people looking forward to continuing them in Cataclysm. Sadly, they're not coming back this expansion.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Averaged 20k the past 2 weeks with a 1/7H clear. I should go transfer an alt to Mal'ganis/Illidan/Blackrock :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I've "seen" someone spamming trade for a GDKP run in Firelands, but I myself haven't been in a gdkp run since ICC. As far as luck goes, not sure, hope to god you have a good group. But so far, nothing from Kel'Thuzad.

(Actually I lied I do GDKP Invincible ICC every saturday, but that's old content.)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was nerfed so bad that i pug it 4 times a week on difrent alts. So i dont think you will see any--exept heroic modes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

400/500k to upwards of 910k on Stormreaver-US (granted the 910k was the first foray into HMs and Ragnaros NM dropped the Pureblood Firehawk & the Healer/DPS Maces that run). Hopefully more HMs soon since the NM loot is starting to saturate the people that come so bids are low.

And yeah, FL got nerfed to the ground... I was scared heading into a (my) guild PuG of NMs w/ my week old 85 RDruid and was like... 'This is like healing a Randalari'.
    Last edited by WaddlezSparx; 2011-10-10 at 02:49 PM.

i try from time to time to get into GDKP but there is always a waiting list, im on Mal'Ganis but to do it i think most groups ask u to have 30-45k+