Would this be a paradox?

Was thinking.

If you could see into the future and you saw yourself dying. The way you died you didn't like (say a car crash for example) so you commit suicide. Then why didn't you see yourself committing suicide when you saw yourself dying??

This is hurting my head.

No. Cause seeing the future is only seeing one possibility the future can take. Every decision every action affects the way the future takes shape.
    Last edited by Evilmaniac; 2011-10-16 at 02:04 AM.

That would assume that time is set in stone or even exists.
    The timeline can easily sway. Think of it like the butterfly effect.

If you consider time being fixed, you would fail to suicide and would end up dying in the car crash.
    Else, you'd just have created a new time line.

I would assume the future changed itself or a new alternate timeline kickstarted when you committed suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    ask your spirit guide. meditate

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't see yourself committing suicide because the event that provoked your suicide hadn't actually occurred yet(you viewing yourself dying via car crash), therefore you were still alive to die in the car crash. However, assuming you intended to commit suicide, when you revisited the future, you would either find yourself dead by suicide, or the suicide would have failed and you would still eventually die in the car crash regardless of your actions to prevent it.

Time is in a constant state of Flux, you may see yourself getting hit by a car, but if you decide to move to another country. You wont see it happen, future has been changed.

Not sure but this is

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThePotato View Post
    Was thinking.

If you could see into the future and you saw yourself dying. The way you died you didn't like (say a car crash for example) so you commit suicide. Then why didn't you see yourself committing suicide when you saw yourself dying??

This is hurting my head.
    however, to answer this, there is in infinite number of time streams that branch form each and every decision you make or don't make, all you saw was 1 possible timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Not sure but this is

[IMG]http://www.gingerjo.me.uk/hobbies/images/PairOfDucks.jpg[IMG]
    Took me a while. Then when it finally clicked i wanted to punch you in the face so hard.