Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

EDIT: Also, remove /cast Dash from all the macros you put it into, destroys your DPS on a lot of SoO fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You do seem to use Dash by having it macroed into all abilities, because your Dash uptime was 50% (highest possible), and Iron Juggernaut doesn't move/your pet doesn't ever have to move, I'd double-check macros.
    Just been reading through some of the posts in here and I'm curious to why it will destroy your DPS on some fights? and how do you manage it?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Because if it's macroed, your risk your pet not having Dash for when it ACTUALLY needs the speedboost. Putting it on autocast isn't perfect (sometimes it pops Dash for pathetically short distances) but it's better than using it on every cooldown.

Sooo basically just leave it Default.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Spec: Survival currently
    Item level: 570
    Expectations: possible spec swapping?
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntara/advanced

Hello, this is my alt hunter, I have been maining healing since wotlk and I honestly don't pay much attention to what specs the hunters in my raid are playing. I have been playing survival in casual Soo runs but recently got a comment from 14/14 hc guildie hunters that ''omg you are survival lol, switch to beast mastery asap lol, survival is shit dps". A quick google search said that it is indeed a dps gain to switch to beast mastery at certain gear levels. My question is: am I ready to go beast mastery? I have the siegecrafter trinket in bank, that is important to BM or so I hear...
    it's a very minor dps gain and that's only if you know how to play BM

though there's no harm in trying it.

You will definitely see an increase once you can play it once you've changed to a haste>mastery>crit stat priority

using Warcraft Logs, how do i check when someone casts certain abilities like Stampede (abilities without trackable buffs)? i believe it's under Casts, but when i hit the + for Stampede, i get a black graph lol
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2014-09-05 at 08:00 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    using Warcraft Logs, how do i check when someone casts certain abilities like Stampede (abilities without trackable buffs)? i believe it's under Casts, but when i hit the + for Stampede, i get a black graph lol
    Go to Casts then in the graph thing just pick Stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    above the graph there's a list of all the skills, just click on or off which ones you want to see.

Another way is to show the event viewer and click on stampede and it will show you in that format as well.

okay thanks!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Seeking Expert Advice for my SV Hunter

I have been playing hunter for some time now. I know the basics, as well as the ins and outs of my class. I don't think I'm terrible, but I know I could be much better. Basically, it is time for me to seek expert advice on what I could possibly do better in order to enhance my dps. I just want to remain competitive with the rest of my raid group. Some of the things I know I can improve on (and just need to work on these things) are my SrS uptime and more AS usage. Another thing is that I recently switched from LW to Eng for my main profession. Right now I have Synapse Springs macro'd to practically every ability (Rapid Fire, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Explosive Shot, Glaive Toss, Kill Shot, and Multi--Shot) so that it is used on CD. If this is bad practice, feel free to let me know. This is a wonderful thread, and I love the fact that there are experts out there willing to help! Thank you for any advice.

Spec: Survival
    Item Level 572
    Expectations: My expectations are to do at least 90% of my sims. In a general sense, I'd like to be between 350-400k for most single target fights.
    Armory Link: Feival on Stormreaver US
    Warcraftlogs Link: Provocation on Stormreaver US (Use 09-04-2014 reports, specifically Malkorok (5 m 05 sec)

I want someone to evaluate my latest Malkorok kill. I am Feival. Feel free to skim over some of our recent logs and various fights as well.
    I'm sorry that I cannot post links yet. I understand if you don't want to take the time to look me up, but I would appreciate it if someone would.

Quote Originally Posted by Capala View Post
    I have been playing hunter for some time now. I know the basics, as well as the ins and outs of my class. I don't think I'm terrible, but I know I could be much better. Basically, it is time for me to seek expert advice on what I could possibly do better in order to enhance my dps. I just want to remain competitive with the rest of my raid group. Some of the things I know I can improve on (and just need to work on these things) are my SrS uptime and more AS usage. Another thing is that I recently switched from LW to Eng for my main profession. Right now I have Synapse Springs macro'd to practically every ability (Rapid Fire, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Explosive Shot, Glaive Toss, Kill Shot, and Multi--Shot) so that it is used on CD. If this is bad practice, feel free to let me know. This is a wonderful thread, and I love the fact that there are experts out there willing to help! Thank you for any advice.

Spec: Survival
    Item Level 572
    Expectations: My expectations are to do at least 90% of my sims. In a general sense, I'd like to be between 350-400k for most single target fights.
    Armory Link: Feival on Stormreaver US
    Warcraftlogs Link: Provocation on Stormreaver US (Use 09-04-2014 reports, specifically Malkorok (5 m 05 sec)

I want someone to evaluate my latest Malkorok kill. I am Feival. Feel free to skim over some of our recent logs and various fights as well.
    I'm sorry that I cannot post links yet. I understand if you don't want to take the time to look me up, but I would appreciate it if someone would.
    start tracking your trinkets and line stampede up with third dextrous proc. Most fights you won't get a 3rd stampede so this is a dps increase.

I feel like your focus management could use a little work, you run thrill but have almost double the number of cobra shots than arcanes which is atypical of that talent choice. You seem to be focus capping far too often which translates into globals where you are either wasting on cobras or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    start tracking your trinkets and line stampede up with third dextrous proc. Most fights you won't get a 3rd stampede so this is a dps increase.

I feel like your focus management could use a little work, you run thrill but have almost double the number of cobra shots than arcanes which is atypical of that talent choice. You seem to be focus capping far too often which translates into globals where you are either wasting on cobras or nothing at all.
    Thank you for the feedback. In regards to the trinkets tracking, I do track my trinkets. However, I have read and have been told it is better to use hunter CDs on cooldown (I usually use my 2nd stampede along with my 2nd pot). On fights where I can squeeze in 3 stampedes (usually only Spoils and Garrosh) is it better to just just use stampede on CD and ignore the trinket proc?

Also, for the focus management, I realize this is one of my flaws (as I had mentioned in my original post about the AS usage). Other than practicing on a dummy, is there any advice you could give me? Also, is using Fervor on single target a better option, or is the DPS negligible between the two talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Capala View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. In regards to the trinkets tracking, I do track my trinkets. However, I have read and have been told it is better to use hunter CDs on cooldown (I usually use my 2nd stampede along with my 2nd pot). On fights where I can squeeze in 3 stampedes (usually only Spoils and Garrosh) is it better to just just use stampede on CD and ignore the trinket proc?

Also, for the focus management, I realize this is one of my flaws (as I had mentioned in my original post about the AS usage). Other than practicing on a dummy, is there any advice you could give me? Also, is using Fervor on single target a better option, or is the DPS negligible between the two talents?
    Stampede is big enough a cooldown that you want to save it for big damage increase phases such as bloodlust and AoC proc. Difference between a stampede with 16k more agility is pretty large

If fights start with bloodlust I wait until 3rd dextrous proc to stampede and then pot with it (extra 20k agi for duration of stampede) as long as it won't hinder me from using 3 stampedes.

If fight doesn't start with bloodlust I save stampede for bloodlust and pot with it.

as to focus management, that just comes with practice and experience. Ferver is competitive in single target and actually could make things easier for you.

Deleted
    You should save your stampede for a dextrous proc not bloodlust. Unless for some particular reason you really need every ounce of damage to push that phase.

Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level 582
    Expectations: Increase DPS, my RL told me my dps is way lower, but it vary from fight to fight actually.
    [b]Armory Link:[b] http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...affer/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ZkdP4#fight=22 (http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/9167 for others logs - didn't get on last raid week)

Well, for some reasons, fight with aoe my dps just suck, but in single target i can do well. Also, i play from brazil, my ping usually is around 180-270, its depends from my ISP if they is good or not.

anyway advises would be nice

Deleted
    Checked your malkorok fight, you were missing quite many kill commads, atleast 8 and one glaive toss. This only tellms you aren't pressing abilities on cd. You aren't pre casting glaive toss, which in only very minor dps up in opener.

Also this line is just simply wrong, you did almost everything you shouldn't do

00:02:21.268 Jonschaffer casts Bestial Wrath
    00:02:23.483 Jonschaffer casts Focus Fire
    00:02:24.774 Jonschaffer casts Glaive Toss on Malkorok
    00:02:25.390 Jonschaffer casts Kill Command on Malkorok
    00:02:26.855 Jonschaffer casts Arcane Shot on Malkorok
    00:02:27.598 Jonschaffer casts Arcane Shot on Malkorok
    00:02:28.798 Jonschaffer begins casting Cobra Shot
    00:02:29.932 Jonschaffer casts Cobra Shot on Malkorok
    00:02:29.982 Jonschaffer casts Arcane Shot on Malkorok
    00:02:31.430 Jonschaffer casts Kill Command on Malkorok

You used focus fire the very next gobal u used bestial wrath. Just don't. U either didn't pool focus for BW or you just felt like casting cobra shot during BW. Don't. You could have casted glaive toss global before bestial wrath to get damage up for it also. And for last, I think I checked three of your bestial wrath, according to logs you didn't cast 2 kill commands in any of them. Only BW I found in short time that you did use two KC in it was this and even in this it's lucky shot if your kc did actually benefit from BW. But seriously, 10 seconds in which time you should spam the hell out of your keyboard, u used three abilities.
    00:03:01.961 Jonschaffer casts Bestial Wrath
    00:03:02.531 Jonschaffer casts Kill Command on Living Corruption 20
    00:03:04.433 Jonschaffer casts Arcane Shot on Living Corruption 20
    00:03:11.548 Jonschaffer casts Kill Command on Malkorok

All in all, learn to manage focus so you can use abilities when they are coming from cd and second learn how to pool focus for bestial wrath so all you have to do is spam abilities during it.

Deleted

BM dps

Item Level: 583
    Expectations: +/- 400K on every fights
    Armory Link: Kaaojin on Sargeras EU (can't post a link )
    Warcraftlogs Link: Kaaojin- Sargeras EU on Warcraft Logs (Vindicta guild)

Hello everyone, first I apologize for my english...(french people errrh)
    I switch for BM spec for few weak now, and I struggle a loooooot to do correct dps ( a have a quite good ilvl but far away from the simcrafts results) I read everything I could but I completely lost.
    I used to take Dire Beast, I tought it was the best talent considering mastery, but the hunt (Oneij) who joined us recently, use ToTh and say it's better...I'm lost again.

Pull : Hunter's Mark>Prepot>GT>engineer gloves +BW+KC> SS> Stampede>ArS....Rapid fire to help regen at the end of BW, etc.

Thanks all for reading

Quote Originally Posted by CaktusK View Post
    Item Level: 583
    Expectations: +/- 400K on every fights
    Armory Link: Kaaojin on Sargeras EU (can't post a link )
    Warcraftlogs Link: Kaaojin- Sargeras EU on Warcraft Logs (Vindicta guild)

Hello everyone, first I apologize for my english...(french people errrh)
    I switch for BM spec for few weak now, and I struggle a loooooot to do correct dps ( a have a quite good ilvl but far away from the simcrafts results) I read everything I could but I completely lost.
    I used to take Dire Beast, I tought it was the best talent considering mastery, but the hunt (Oneij) who joined us recently, use ToTh and say it's better...I'm lost again.

Pull : Hunter's Mark>Prepot>GT>engineer gloves +BW+KC> SS> Stampede>ArS....Rapid fire to help regen at the end of BW, etc.

Thanks all for reading
    Go with the opener from the F.A.Q thread (in sig of this), it's just better.

Your new friend Oneij is wrong. Sorry Oneij if you're reading.

6 KC's missed in your best IJ log (25-man, 3rd of Sep)
    APM (globals per minute) of 48, should be 55+ at least.
    Try to focus cap a bit less. You're not completely lost on that but you still wasted 94 focus.

Use Rapid Fire on cooldown instead of the thing you're doing now.

http://screencloud.net/v/kDEu You neglected using your 4th Focus Fire for a bit even tho BW wasn't up.
    Your third Focus Fire was used mid-BW, as well as your second.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your help
    I didn't know you've made an F.A.Q, i'll work on that !

Deleted
    Spec Currently Survival but want to go BM
    Item Level 565
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...listi/advanced

Before we go any further. I know my helm is missing a gem. I will fix that after my question is answered.

I am currently survival all the time in SOO but want to go BM/Surv. To my understanding Survival goes Crit>haste>mastery. Where as BeastMastery is Haste>Mastery>crit.
    My question is which spec should I gem towards? I only have 1 gear set that I will have and unrealistically able to regem/reforge inbetween every fight as its just not practical timewise. Should I replace my crit gems for haste or keep crit? Should I focus on enchants/gems/reforges towards 1 spec and risk having the other spec slightly nerfed for bosses. Likewise Should I only stick to 1 spec for everyboss? keeping in mind that on seigecrafter im always on the belt and on garrosh im sometimes on the engineer.

Any input would be fantastic. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kasmodian1 View Post
    Spec Currently Survival but want to go BM
    Item Level 565
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...listi/advanced

Before we go any further. I know my helm is missing a gem. I will fix that after my question is answered.

I am currently survival all the time in SOO but want to go BM/Surv. To my understanding Survival goes Crit>haste>mastery. Where as BeastMastery is Haste>Mastery>crit.
    My question is which spec should I gem towards? I only have 1 gear set that I will have and unrealistically able to regem/reforge inbetween every fight as its just not practical timewise. Should I replace my crit gems for haste or keep crit? Should I focus on enchants/gems/reforges towards 1 spec and risk having the other spec slightly nerfed for bosses. Likewise Should I only stick to 1 spec for everyboss? keeping in mind that on seigecrafter im always on the belt and on garrosh im sometimes on the engineer.

Any input would be fantastic. Thank you
    If you change between the two a lot, just stick with crit>haste>mastery

Spec Survival
    Item Level 584
    Expectations: so people say my DPS is good
    Armory Link: Check Gringalf on EU-Blackmoore (not allowed to post links :-( )
    Warcraftlogs Link: Worldoflogs - EU-Blackmoore (german) - Invictus Guild - 31-july-14 (little older but gear hasnt changed much)

So i wanted to apply to a guild and they looked over my logs and told me that its not good enough to meet their requirements. So i decided to post here and see if anyone can help me. i am not to unhappy with my dps... in some fights i do the most dps of my guild and in some i am somewhere in the middle. i know that it can be boss mechanical wise that hunters are not always on top... But now that i wanted to change to another guild it bothers me that i am not good enough with the gear i have.

I play SV on all fight because i am pretty used to rotation. But now i question my spec and think of switching to BM. Is it really that much stronger?? And on what bosses should i not be playing SV?? What can i do to get better?? It seems that i need another 20k to 30k more dps with my gear. I do have the Ticking Ebon Detonator in case i would need that for BM.

Please help