Thank you. I do have JSHB, but I think MM as a spec requires that I actually pay more attention to it. Never Stop Casting. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapayuki View Post
    Thank you. I do have JSHB, but I think MM as a spec requires that I actually pay more attention to it. Never Stop Casting. Got it.
    Yep, and I actually did a compare of our butcher kills. Warcraftlogs has AWESOME tools to compare, so if you compare your ability usage vs top parsing hunters (not me, I just started playing hunter 2 weeks ago) you should get an idea of what you're doing wrong. That's how I improve with any class I play; pour over logs and see what I'm doing different/wrong.

Yeah, Butcher was not a good fight for me given I was clump switching and my DBM had not been updated (meaning I was paying too much attention to my debuff icons). But you are right -- my Aimed shot is way way way too low, not just on that fight but on others too. Thanks for being constructive.

I agree with Zurm, i looked at my stats and they are similar to his, you are hitting GT a lot, by the looks ~5x when you had ToTH up. Aim to dump the focus def not GT, unless you are in the air and capping you prob shouldn't be hitting it with ToTH up.

Hey, I previously asked some help but probably wasn't specific enough

Spec: Marksmanship
    ilvl: 651

I noticed some large differences between 2 fights I participated in with similar "stand-still" mechanics for ranged dps ; H Butcher and H Kargath

H Butcher:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

H Kargath

Kargath I had to kite the boss behind flame pillars once or twice; I also accidentally spec'd barrage and in addition stop casted it mistakenly during the fight

Butcher I spec'd Glaive Toss and it was just awful- during the course of the fight I felt focus starved the majority of the time, and Toth procs were not kind to me (perhaps just an illusion propagated by the focus starving?)
    What am I doing wrong? why is there such a gap?

Deleted
    Hey looking at these logs, is there a point in using murder of crows on bosses? For 30 focus it seems to do little damage, if you are MM and focus on crit is it no better to ignore it and always use aimed shot instead? Especially with thrill of the hunt (Even if it has not yet triggered) and the passive that gives back 20 focus on crits?

Deleted
    Well maybe I'm reading these logs wrong and tell me if I am but it seems every time it comes out it does 5k-6k damage while aimed shot does 40k? Murder of crows is great on mobs as you have no cooldown, but spending 30 focus for 5k as opposed to 50 focus for 40k seems like a no brainer to me.

If we look at Ivytea's link posted above there's a link to a couple of logs, here is the top one:

Average for murder of crows: 7,656.5
    Average for aimed shot: 44,712.4

I design data tables and this website is confusing, are these measurements of DPS which is what I want to make sure, cause then I might as well not place murder of crows on a higher priority.
    Last edited by mmoced8eb53094; 2014-12-11 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    T17P sims are a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheKing View Post
    Well maybe I'm reading these logs wrong and tell me if I am but it seems every time it comes out it does 5k-6k damage while aimed shot does 40k? Murder of crows is great on mobs as you have no cooldown, but spending 30 focus for 5k as opposed to 50 focus for 40k seems like a no brainer to me.

If we look at Ivytea's link posted above there's a link to a couple of logs, here is the top one:

Average for murder of crows: 7,656.5
    Average for aimed shot: 44,712.4

I design data tables and this website is confusing, are these measurements of DPS which is what I want to make sure, cause then I might as well not place murder of crows on a higher priority.
    No, they are the average hit of the ability. A Murder of Crows is a DoT, the 7.6k means that each tick of it is 7.6k.

As you can see, it got 64 of those hits and 15 multistrikes across 4 usages. Barring the Multistrikes, that's 64/4 = 16 attacks per Crows, which is ~7600*16 = 121.600 per Crows usage.

It is also worth noting that Crows will generally be less expensive, and it is also instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    There is two main points of improvement i see on these logs:

Using abilities on cooldown

In most of your logs you are missing out on potential casts of important spells by not using them on cooldown. Its not by a large margin but those small delays add up over a fight and in turn will prevent you from getting that extra cast of. The main culprit i see is GT, on your kargath fight you missed out on 9 casts of GT just by delaying it usage. You seem to have similar issues with Chimaera and aMoC but not as severe, so i suggest just focusing on getting GT into your rotation smoothly first (and use it on the pull, there is no reason not too).

Focus pooling

Whenever you are about to receive a short period damage increase (such as RF) you should almost be at full focus (atleast 75+) so you can make sure to get aimed shots in that period rather than steady. On some fights you had around 50 focus when you poped RF, in which case it would probably have been better to steady up for a decent amount before poping it, idealy you would want to do that before the cooldown is finished and pop it as soon as possible but in most cases delaying RF for a couple of seconds won't matter much since you will probably still use the same amount of RFs during the fight.

PS: Why aren't you using berserking together with RF on pull? Since haste scales multiplicativly (aka 15% and 40% is a 61% haste increase, rather than 55%) and you have pots & trinkets up and running it will yield higher dps for certain.

It helps if you specify which one of the hunters in your group is you, since there is multiple
    Thanks for the advice. I should be using Berserking with RF and I will definitely remedy that. Being at higher focus is another thing that I will need to fix as well. As for the glaive toss thing, I had my rotation messed up and thought that GT came behind TotH in the rotation.I fixed it in this week of heroics.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    T17P sims are a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they are the average hit of the ability. A Murder of Crows is a DoT, the 7.6k means that each tick of it is 7.6k.

As you can see, it got 64 of those hits and 15 multistrikes across 4 usages. Barring the Multistrikes, that's 64/4 = 16 attacks per Crows, which is ~7600*16 = 121.600 per Crows usage.

It is also worth noting that Crows will generally be less expensive, and it is also instant.
    Oh I didn't realise the 7k referred to each tick, silly me, but thank you for clearing it up! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Bad troll is bad. Who would take 613 ilvl player to Highmaul, also if your 630s do just 13k dps they are bunch of noobs. Also: bad troll is bad.
    1. Friend was leading the raid
    2. i know the fights before i go into a raid
    3. i actually was out dpsing 630s (a shaman got mad at me)
    4. wasnt trolling was actually wondering if marks was that good at the time of posting

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: Marksman
    Item Level: 637
    Talents: Thrill, Murder of Crows, Glaive Toss, Lone Wolf

Hey guys, I'm really struggling to pass 15k sustained after pull, I normally open with 25k-30k but drop terribly low after that phase and I can't seem to figured it out? last night I got a few Highmaul pieces which boosted my Crit and Item level from 630 to 637 but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I normally Glaive Toss + Murder of Crows + Chimera then pop Rapid Fire with Thrill of the Hunt and work on my Aimed Shots while making sure there's enough focus to pop Chimera off cooldown. For some reason though it feels like I'm shooting wet noodles?

This is my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rekuja/simple

A few hunters I spoke to in-game told me it's my weapon that's holding me back but surely even with that weapon I should be well above 15k? I'm on Flamethrower duty and Orb soaking but I'm still constantly on the boss?

I used to be #1 in SoO Heroic and now I'm barely scratching the surface, usually #6 or #7 in Highmaul zzz

Is it my weapon or am I doing something wrong?

log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by Rekuja; 2014-12-11 at 08:38 PM.

No wonder you were #1 SoO heroic when you're using worldoflogs, lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder you were #1 SoO heroic when you're using worldoflogs, lol..
    I just meant in recount etc, not a min/max type of guy.

Let's just say, I was fine in MoP and now I'm doing poorly :P better?

I have Warcraft logs too: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aPngbrYdBvKxRApc
    Last edited by Rekuja; 2014-12-11 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I just meant in recount etc, not a min/max type of guy.

Let's just say, I was fine in MoP and now I'm doing poorly :P better?

I have Warcraft logs too: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aPngbrYdBvKxRApc
    From what I can tell, you had 17 Chimera Shots on 5:17 (317 seconds). During this time it would be possible to have 35 Chimera shots. That is a lot of missed uses on your most damaging ability, and most likely what the problem is. It has a 9 second cooldown, make sure you have enough focus to cast it every 9 seconds and use it on cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlingcloud View Post
    From what I can tell, you had 17 Chimera Shots on 5:17 (317 seconds). During this time it would be possible to have 35 Chimera shots. That is a lot of missed uses on your most damaging ability, and most likely what the problem is. It has a 9 second cooldown, make sure you have enough focus to cast it every 9 seconds and use it on cooldown.
    Do you think I'm trying too hard to get as many Aimed Shots in as possible? and I should be aiming for more Chimera's instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Do you think I'm trying too hard to get as many Aimed Shots in as possible? and I should be aiming for more Chimera's instead?
    Somewhat evidently the case. A Chimaera Shot is magnitudes more powerful than an Aimed Shot. If you're ever delaying Chimaera Shot, you're doing it wrong. It's as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat evidently the case. A Chimaera Shot is magnitudes more powerful than an Aimed Shot. If you're ever delaying Chimaera Shot, you're doing it wrong. It's as simple as that.
    I'll run some tests after work today, had a feeling i was relying a litle too much on Aimed Shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: Marksman
    Item Level: 654
    Expectations: More DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...darin/advanced
    WarcraftLogs Link:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=7

My DPS seems quite inconsistent. The other hunter in our group is right on my heels most of the time despite being SV. Is it RNG, bad play or a mix?

This is the first time since WOTLK where I feel I'm really missing something and am not confident about my DPS.
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2014-12-11 at 11:56 PM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI