Thread: EasyMode Salty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the ahrd part is winning the contest. the rest is ez mode.

i had the worst luck trying to win the stranglethorn event. there was a horde rogue whos life mission was to make me lose everyweek. so i tried the dalaran one and won it first go

Deleted
    Didn't have much trouble with Pinchy either, a few hours and got him on the first wish. Spent most of my time waiting for the last daily from outside Shattrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    Good work! But just so you know, Pinchy gives the achievement on the first wish every time, he was changed a few years back.
    got him on the second wish, on my priest Christan-Darkspear, Salty myself...

took a huge amount of time for "the one that didn't get away"
    this was... about 3 years ago to the date.....ehh might be true... maybe it was just after... maybe not, can anyone confirm?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    "Friends helping me win both fishing tourneys" is not a valid argument on PvE realms.
    Jumping on people's fishing bobbers. Argument revalidated.
    And doing that on PvP realms; it´s called being a douche.
    No, it's called being on a PvP realm. Bobber-jumping is the douche-move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the ahrd part is winning the contest. the rest is ez mode.
    I found the hard part to be the coins in Dalaran. Even my excessive patience wore thin on Jaina's Golden Coin. When I won my Northrend fishing contest, I caught the shark once but lagged and missed the loot, but managed to catch it a second time and win the awesome ring.
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2011-11-08 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

My mom got me into wow. She started playing before the Maraudon patch.
    I've gotten two or three pinchies. The first I got was just before the release of Wrath.
    She just got her first.
    RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Jumping on people's fishing bobbers. Argument revalidated.
    No, it's called being on a PvP realm. Bobber-jumping is the douche-move.
    I found the hard part to be the coins in Dalaran. Even my excessive patience wore thin on Jaina's Golden Coin. When I won my Northrend fishing contest, I caught the shark once but lagged and missed the loot, but managed to catch it a second time and win the awesome ring.
    Jumping on peoples bobbers to interfere with gameplay sure sounds like a great way to get banned.
    Go ahead, people like that will never be missed.

Jumping on peoples bobbers to interfere with gameplay sure sounds like a great way to get banned.
    Go ahead, people like that will never be missed.
    Note that I did the opposite of supporting bobber-jumping in my post. It's also not very likely to get you banned, but is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Deleted
    LOL you are just lucky mate, i spent over 15k+ casts on Dark Herring :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    Good work! But just so you know, Pinchy gives the achievement on the first wish every time, he was changed a few years back.
    I just got it at wish no.4. Yes I had to catch two of them =/
    Wasn't that long ago.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Took me ages for the tournament, and it's on at a bad time for me (7am for half the year). Finally got it when everyone was at Blizzcon this year.

Salty is a very hard achivement to achive.

Deleted
    I'm still proud of my salty, mostly because I won the contest on a (at the time) highly populated pvp realm.
    Salty since 03/05/09! Not using the title anymore sadly

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got the first angling contest win on my server when it was released, I then started doing tbc fishing, within a few casts I got pinchy :O luck.... However the one that got away achieve took me ages to get a darkherring damnit! lol ah well rng at its finest

I need to do this on my tank so I can be Salty Awesumsauce

that has a good ring to it, dontcha think?

I've really gone about thinking that Pinchy was quite easy to get, as in not very rare, took me about 30 casts total and 1st wish.., guess I was quite lucky then, managed to get The one that didn't get away during the Booty bay fishing contest, lost that contest, went back like 2-3 months later and won to get my salty title. Proud Salty hunter since 10th of Januar 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me go back and get some other fishing achievements since any self respecting Salty(been for over a year i guess) needs them all. Just caught the drowned sewer rat in about 150 casts.

Deleted
    Good work indeed.

Deleted
    I won the BB fishing contest my 1st ever try which was incredibly lucky, but the dark herring... well that one took forever to finally get, well in excess of 10k casts, was hoping id get a turtle at least >.<

My old main had Salty, trying this time around I haven't had as much luck. I still need to win a fishing tournament and also fish up Mr Pinchy. When I won the fishing tournament last time I had 5 or so friends helping me which helped plus I was lucky and only like one other person tried to fish near me. Lately I've been doing the STV tournament alone and it's just been awful. People will come and fish in your pools constantly and then you spend forever finding an empty pool etc etc. I hate full PvP realms sometimes... I'm hoping to catch a break next week, might need some friends to help again. :>