Thumbs up Vent on headphones and music through my amp?

Hi guys,

Noobalish here!! I want to put vent through my headset and play music through my amp which runs off my computer. Possible to designate 2 different audio outs?? or is there a program or something?

FANX !!!

Have a good day
    Be safe
    See you in the real world

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think you just set vents setup info to headset and windows setup info to your speaker. set up the headset first though.

What kind of amp is it? And use Vent's options to configure it, I believe.

Sweet thanks it is a pioneer vsx519k

Don't think you can do this unless your headset is USB. You can set Vent to use a different output device, but it needs to recognize it as a different output. So say your amp is plugged into your sound card via a normal analog input, if you plug your headset into the same analog input on the front of your computer it can't tell the difference between the two. If your amp is analog input and your headset is USB, USB headsets have their own type of mini sound card so the computer recognizes it as different than your analog input on your sound card.
    Last edited by tekkitan; 2011-01-28 at 02:51 AM.

I've tried this before and couldn't get it to work, maybe someone will leave a good tip in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan View Post
    Don't think you can do this unless your headset is USB
    Basically this though it doesn't have to be a USB setup but a secondary audio device to 'route' the audio to. Would work just as well if you have an add-in card and onboard audio. There may also be a software setup you could use to force a program to use a specific port over the default but I've never seen or heard of anything like that.

As to the setup I have Vent set to use my Plantronics USB Headset as it's Input/Output device and Windows uses my sound card for everything else.

Easy as... Just set your SYSTEM DEFAULT sound to your Amp. (right click the lil speaker icon in bottom right corner and choose "playback devices" or similar.

THEN: Go into your VENT Setup, turn "Use Direct Sound" on, and make the Output/Input Device your Headphones.

Your done =)

I used to do it in my last comp but had mobo sound active as well as a sound card.

..... yyyes? Maybe. Depends on your OS? You can change the input/output on vent; I'm sure you could find a way to make a music player program play through your external sound system. It'll probably require certain hardware and programs, though. I can't give you much more because I've never attempted that (hell i havent had speakers for years) but I don't see it being an impossibility with the right setup and configuration. I suggest playing around with what you have and maybe do some research.

yea i do use a usb head set

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/produc...mecom-777.html

My amp is connected by a headphone jack to RCAs

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    Hi guys,

Noobalish here!! I want to put vent through my headset and play music through my amp which runs off my computer. Possible to designate 2 different audio outs?? or is there a program or something?

FANX !!!

Have a good day
    Be safe
    See you in the real world
    Assume you are using MS Windows, with audio out to amp via coaxial/optical connection (AVR), and headphone via headphone port. You can pick specific output for a particular app, in this case phoneout/mic in for ventrilo and digital out for your music player to pass audio signal to your amp. You can find it in ventrilo config and your media player config/pref.

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    yea i do use a usb head set

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/produc...mecom-777.html

My amp is connected by a headphone jack to RCAs
    Then just go into the Vent settings and set your input/output as your headset and you're done.

K for any1 who is actually interested do as follows (I am using Windows 7):

1. Plug your head set into your computer
    2. Goto your control panel and change your sound hardware settings to your desired output.( Mine being the standard audio socket at the back that goes to my amp)
    3. Go into vent and change the output and input device to your headset.

Hope this helps someone