Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I fuckin love both of them.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Despia View Post
    We would have never gotten to this point if we hadn't started to eat meat, so I don't really find how that's a weak arguement. It actually is the truth. We have a nice teeth for chewing prepared meat, so!
    Not exactly true. Some scientists, from what I know, think that our ancestors' brains became large due to their meat eating habits, because consuming meat gives a lot of energy compared to the amount of energy they could have spent foraging for fruits, vegetables, etc. However, there really isn't any -PROVEN- evidence for that from what I know. It was just a theory attempting to explain why and how our brains developed the way they did. And even if that was exactly true, I'm not sure why one must eat meat simply because our ancestors did.

For the most part, "HOW WE GOT HERE" is still a huge debate among scientists. It is a subject that I have studied very intensely. You cannot simply just look at a few features on an animal and know what its diet is (exceptions do exist). Horses have canine teeth, but what do they eat ( fingers dont count, its your fault for not feeding them, or hey maybe your finger looked like a twinkie). Maybe we ate meat, maybe we didn't, it doesn't really matter. People will eat what they want to eat. The issue that should be argued over, is whether or not we will have food for our species in the next 40 years.

I eat both meat and vegetables

both, but I prefer meat

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above, I live on sugar...

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    I lol'd at "superior breed"

Cancer? From food? K.

Also ever hear of E. Coli? You know where you get that from right?
    Nutjobs these days...
    Just FYI, e-coli does not exist in nature in plants, only the blood/feces of infected animals we grow them in. Nutjob...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    I know a person who cant stand eating veggies and only limit himself to meat.
    i know someone the exact same way, has never eaten a veggie in his life and never will. my friends and i have tried to get him to eat anything green for years and he just wont.

50/50 here. The meals are incomplete without eachother, but for me, a dinner without meat is a very sad thing (almost pointless), while a dinner with only meat is just..boring. The meat is the backbone of the meal while the veggies adds a very good taste, that's how it is for me.

I could never be a vegeterian, and I have yet to hear a compelling argument for being one. But I cannot relate to people who hates vegetables either, they are very tasty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlannor View Post
    Not exactly true. Some scientists, from what I know, think that our ancestors' brains became large due to their meat eating habits, because consuming meat gives a lot of energy compared to the amount of energy they could have spent foraging for fruits, vegetables, etc. However, there really isn't any -PROVEN- evidence for that from what I know. It was just a theory attempting to explain why and how our brains developed the way they did. And even if that was exactly true, I'm not sure why one must eat meat simply because our ancestors did.
    That is 20th century armchair science your talking about. There are many new, accepted ideas of human brain development. There are few assumptions that animals that eat meat are forced to hunt, organize, plan-ahead, and become more intelligent in daily life. Also, the theory that human intelligence derived from massive climate change. Eating protein, however, is a incremental part of evolution and life. Eating plants, in my opinion, disheartens me as much as someone eating cows. That head of lettuce deserves to be left alone just as much as any other organism.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    Compelling argument INC

http://www.veganthis.org/why.html
    For the record, I looked at the top of the page and was horrified.

Why aren't those pigs delicious pork products yet?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Both; I can't eat veggies without meat, and I can't eat meat without veggies..
    I'm weird..
    This. Same for me both go together really well.

make sure to mark your bingo cards men and womyn

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 11:24 PM ----------

For the record, I looked at the top of the page and was horrified.

Why aren't those pigs delicious pork products yet?
    It's easy to say that about something that isn't "living" and isn't right in front of you.

Veggie and proud!
    Meat is murder!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

Mostly meat, dont like veggies that much

It's easy to say that about something that isn't "living" and isn't right in front of you.
    So, what's your argument for killing plants? They're alive. Is it because they're less intelligent than animals?

So, what's your argument for killing plants? They're alive. Is it because they're less intelligent than animals?
    Actually they lack intelligence completely. Yes they do respond to the environment, but so does water when you boil it. Most plants aren't actually "killed" when you eat them, hence why crops grow back. Take an apple tree for instance, do you really think that it cares you are eating something that is going to fall off of it anyways? In fact, most plants depend on animals eating them in order to spread out, rediversify, evolve, and reproduce.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 11:40 PM ----------

and actually i retract my statement of them being unintelligent and redefine them as being "intelligent" or at least aware of their enviroment.

Source:
    http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...ensitive-flora

Actually they lack intelligence completely. Yes they do respond to the environment, but so does water when you boil it. Most plants aren't actually "killed" when you eat them, hence why crops grow back. Take an apple tree for instance, do you really think that it cares you are eating something that is going to fall off of it anyways? In fact, most plants depend on animals eating them in order to spread out, rediversify, evolve, and reproduce.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 11:40 PM ----------

and actually i retract my statement of them being unintelligent and redefine them as being "intelligent" or at least aware of their enviroment.

Source:
    http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...ensitive-flora
    So, if you retract you're statement of them being unintelligent...then why do you eat them?

Because we are using the word intelligent loosely, sure they can respond to the environment around them BUT

"For plants to feel physical pain, they must have some sort of organized tissue which, upon stimulation, would activate a structure in the plant that is conscious and could perceive the stimulation as painful. There are no structures within plants that are analogs to the pain receptors, neurons, and pain-perceiving portions of the brains of vertebrate animals. Animals, being mobile, benefit from their ability to sense pain; but plants simply have no biological or evolutionary need for the experience of pain. Even if, contrary to all evidence, plants did feel pain, it would still be preferable to be vegan. More plants are killed in non-vegan diets, as more plants must be harvested to feed animals."

If you want to look at it like that, then it is a lesser of two evils.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 11:47 PM ----------

i think you also missed this too

Most plants aren't actually "killed" when you eat them, hence why crops grow back. Take an apple tree for instance, do you really think that it cares you are eating something that is going to fall off of it anyways? In fact, most plants depend on animals eating them in order to spread out, rediversify, evolve, and reproduce.