Deleted

[suggestion] PW:S - spam problem

Fellow priests,

After reading some posts on the eu-forum I read a very interesting feature that might actually be better then just increase the mana cost of our shield.

Currently:
    - Increase the mana cost of the shields with 33%

Reason?
    Making sure, by increasing its cost, that it will be spammed less.

Problem.
    If we cannot spam shields atm we will be able to spam it when the next tier comes out.
    So this current solution is rather only temporary.

Suggestion:
    Adjust the times it can be cast on a raid during a amount of time.
    For example:
    In a 10 man raid you can cast it 3 times.
    In a 25 man raid you can cast it 5 times.
    (These are suggestionable numbers and can be adjusted ofcourse)

Reason?
    A final change that has effect on no matter what tier gear you have.
    No increasing of the cost of pw:s, which will only cause more priests to go oom.
    No consequences for pvp.

~Star out.

Deleted
    there are two threads discussing this topic already:

here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dominant-again (32 pages)
    and here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-nerf-lazy-fix

wouldn't it be smarter to gain a debuff every time you cast PW:Shield (like Arcane Blast) increasing its mana cost by X%

oh, and I hate bubble spamming, I havent even specced into Soul Warding (blame me for that). When I want to cast Shield on two targets I simply put a smite or GH or anything else between those two shields.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aregios View Post
    there are two threads discussing this topic already:

wouldn't it be smarter to gain a debuff every time you cast PW:Shield (like Arcane Blast) increasing its mana cost by X%
    Nope - i dont think it needs to be made complicated at all tbh - i did post my thoughts but here the jist of it:

Id like to see a 'fix' whereby Weakened Soul cannot be active on more than 5 targets at a time. This would make the Strength of Soul talent very useful in removing the WS debuff to allow another shield forceing you to use your actual heals. The only problem i can forsee is how would they distinguish a Disc Weakened Soul from a Holy Priest Weakened Soul - there is probably some way round it...

Keeping it to 5 targets - you still get your shields on the tanks and the most vunerable raid members. Almost changing the use of PW:S to a cooldown type ability - or at least making you think about who to shield and why.