Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What happens to MMO-champion, when WoW dies?

as the title suggests, what exactly happens to mmo-champion when wow dies, cause looking by the recent changes to the game, and the number of i quit threads, the leaving of well known players such as Athene and Yawning, it seems like WoW is on it's last legs...so what happens to this website when WoW dies? anyone have an idea?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WARCRAFT, will NOT die. seriously.

Booboil catches interest in Runescape , and thus , it becomes an Runescape fansite
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esedess View Post
    WARCRAFT, will NOT die. seriously.
    when i say die, i mean no longer king of MMO's, not actual gone forever, yet...
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    as the title suggests, what exactly happens to mmo-champion when wow dies, cause looking by the recent changes to the game, and the number of i quit threads, the leaving of well known players such as Athene and Yawning, it seems like WoW is on it's last legs...so what happens to this website when WoW dies? anyone have an idea?
    Wait, so do you mean maybe a thousand quit threads out of.... 12 million subscriptions? Unless Blizzard unplugs the servers to the game, I don't see MMO changing anytime soon.

When WoW does end, I imagine MMO-C will change to whatever the most popular game is at that time.

Just because a few "big names" supposedly quit WoW means nothing, still the biggest and best selling MMO in the world and numbers are steady or increasing still, what you are seeing is the usual post patch/expansion whiners that flood forums with their petty little complaints, but that's all it is, 90% of those people never really quit, some just take breaks, others are just full of it

Deleted
    Who the hell is Athene and Yawning?
    Oh, look! A handful of people are posting on the forums that they quit while the other 10million are too busy playing the game to visit 'em. It's not enough to jump to conclusions, 95% of all players never visit the forums (yes, i pulled that fact out of my hat)

I agree with others in this thread, World of Warcraft isn't going anywhere any time soon. Just because you see so many "I quit" and "QQ" threads, don't take them as the majority. Like Dryade said, 1,000/12,000,000 isn't very many people (squeaky wheel phenomenon ftl).

That being said, when Blizzard stops support for this game, if Bibi is still interested in running an MMO-fansite, then I assume he'll pick up whatever game is most popular, Titan, for example...

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion will always follow whatever the King of the Hill is, that is to say; Whatever Curse feels is going to bring in the most revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    cause looking by the recent changes to the game, and the number of i quit threads, the leaving of well known players such as Athene and Yawning, it seems like WoW is on it's last legs
    Dood, is your knee okay? Because that kneejerk reaction was pretty crazy just now.

wow will most likely "die" when blizz releases its new mmo. At that point mmo champ would probably simply change to a ftp wow/new mmo based site. No reason to let such an established well maintained name go to waste when Blizzard does its "revolutionize the mmo" thang.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sideline question: is either this Athene or this Yawning in any of the Top 5 or Top 10 guilds?

This thread isnt going to attract wow fanbois much....
    I swear when wow does end there will be a mass suicide around the world from all the saddos that cant adapt change lol
    but OT.... it will just change to being the front page for the next mmo, it will still have the same assholes here , it will still have the same asshole moderators that cannot moderate for shit (but it makes them feel special) all giving it there im better than you , i know more than you im right your wrong bullshit.
    Come to think of it.....absolutley nothing will change.

Zing! -llDemonll
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-02-18 at 05:31 PM.

People are still playing the original EQ.

I think it's safe to say an MMO with 12 million subscribers isn't going to "die" any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    This thread isnt going to attract wow fanbois much....
    I swear when wow does end there will be a mass suicide around the world from all the saddos that cant adapt change lol
    but OT.... it will just change to being the front page for the next mmo, it will still have the same assholes here , it will still have the same asshole moderators that cannot moderate for shit (but it makes them feel special) all giving it there im better than you , i know more than you im right your wrong bullshit.
    Come to think of it.....absolutley nothing will change.
    Am I the only one seeing the irony in this post?
    My you are a bitter one...

OT: It's not going to "die" any time soon, if it ever is going to die, as Mokoshnek said. And should it die, I'm sure something else will take it's place.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    since it is named mmo-champion, i guess it to move onto which ever mmo is ontop.

IF WoW ever die (probably won't), it will probably be by another blizzard game.
    It's called MMOChampion, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    Who the hell is Athene and Yawning?
    Oh, look! A handful of people are posting on the forums that they quit while the other 10million are too busy playing the game to visit 'em. It's not enough to jump to conclusions, 95% of all players never visit the forums (yes, i pulled that fact out of my hat)
    This, more or less. In my guild many check the MMO-C front page for news but hardly anyone reads the forums or posts on them. Since the new official forums went live there have been a grand total of five posts from people in my guild, that's out of about 60 active players. Forum posts are not, never have been, and never will be an accurate reflection of the playerbase.

I will be hanging around here still!

Deleted
    Obv it will become a Guild Wars 2 site because lets face it, it's gonna own!!

It's MMO-Champion, not WoW-Champion.