Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So a kid threw a dead rat at me today...

I am a 19 year old Canadian guy who is currently visiting some family in Pakistan. Today, I was walking with 2 of my cousins through a very fucked up part of the city and this kid just comes out of no where with a dead rat in his hands ( I think he was around 14 years old). He wasn't wearing a shirt and his pants were torn in many places. He started yelling at me for some reason but I ignored him and kept on walking. He kept on following us and yelling at me angrily, my cousins started laughing. I turned around for a second and told him to go away and he just threw the rat straight at my chest. I think it was already cut open because some of its guts spilled all over me. My cousins were laughing their asses off but I was super pissed. I went up to the kid and pushed him to the ground. He got back up and tried to bite my hand but I wrestled him off of me and punched him a couple of times. He eventually backed off and ran away.

An elderly lady saw the whole thing and scolded me for being too harsh on the boy. There were a bunch of other people there as well but they didn't really give a crap. So what do you think? Was it wrong of me to attack the kid like that?

Well, you could've just thrown the rat back at him and you would be even. But yes, the boy was Dumb for doing that.
    Playing since 2007.

You assaulted a 14 year-old, possibly homeless child.

You being older should be more sensible.

Your actions were completely justified. It's not as if you provoked him.

couldn't have hit him hard enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously there's some cultural/language barrier going on here. I would've just walked away from the situation, but you were angry and confused... Violence was just your first reaction to a foreign situation. No rights or wrongs here.

Deleted
    So who killed the rat?
    Nah, but yeah I would probly do the same.

Let me guess, you play a Horde?

Deleted
    Eye for an eye.

Deleted
    i wouldv broke his nose, but u didnt do to bad

I would be pissed too but your 19 years old. You need to be intelligent enough to know when to walk away, yet instead you assaulted a 14 yr old possibly homeless child. -shame-

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Obviously there's some cultural/language barrier going on here. I would've just walked away from the situation, but you were angry and confused... Violence was just your first reaction to a foreign situation. No rights or wrongs here.
    Actually I am a brown guy who can speak Urdu (the local language).

Deleted
    The boy deserves it. He was an asshole to you, that justify you were an asshole to him (to some point).

You should've thrown a dead cat at him (always carry a dead cat with you, you never know when you might need one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    Actually I am a brown guy who can speak Urdu (the local language).
    if you can speak it then what did he say to you?

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Deleted
    I think you were wrong. You are older and by now you should have figured out violence isn't the solution against anything. You are 19 years old for Christ sake, that little guy is in his puberty, and you hit him?
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones. But names will never hurt me." is a fitting rhyme for this thread. You should have called the police or in fact asked the boy what his problem was, maybe it was an accident (I know it isn't likely), but just going smash a kid down isn't the way to go and it could get you arrested on several cases if I'm not wrong.
    EDIT: I just read it happened in Pakistan. You were still wrong in my eyes, even more then before. Maybe he was just asking money, I bet you weren't wearing the common Pakistani clothes so he thought you were a tourist with a lot of money. The way you said to go away might have been come over a little harsh like an insult, unless you ofcourse speak Pakistani (looking at your reaction on the rat it seems less likely you asked the boy: "Hey boy, can you please leave me alone? I'd appreciate it if you do."). Still you shouldn't have put him on the ground for throwing a rat at you... You could cause the boy a head injury or something.
    Last edited by mmoc07b172f625; 2011-02-23 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    KIEL IET!!!!!!!! Fo realz tho; You did the same thing I would've done.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Man, look at the few high and mighty people in here.

If a kid threw a dead (and apparently dissected) rat at you and its guts got all over you, you'd probably want to beat the bastard senseless, too.

I at least would have picked up the rat and thrown it with enough force back at the kid for it to splatter all over him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you have Retribution Aura up?

Lemme guess you play alliance?...

In any case, I think rat guts come out of clothes with alittle Oxyclean. You could've just shruged and walked away, probly would've made the kid angrier.