15+ Year Old Account
    Well if there is a way to go out, this is it. Grats to San Jose on a well earned victory both in the game and in the series. Now please, for the love of all things hockey, don't get destroyed in the WCF like last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Finally Detroit's put to bed. Good game.
    false. the refs handed it to san jose on that last goal. two years in a row the refs cost the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    hardly. the team that got the goal from the refs won. he did slam into the goalie and it wasnt called.
    if detroit is so good it wouldn't have gone to 7.

your team got outclassed, accept it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    hardly. the team that got the goal from the refs won. he did slam into the goalie and it wasnt called.
    Lose with some fucking pride Marcelos. The refs hardly handed the Sharks this game or games two and three.

If anything cost the Wings in this game it was them being down THREE freaking forwards in Franzen, Cleary, and Bertuzzi.

false. the refs handed it to san jose on that last goal. two years in a row the refs cost the wings.
    Quit bitching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sour grapes. It's over. It was a good series but Detroit lost. Not going to argue every little call that doesn't go someones way.

Sucks for Detroit that Zetterberg and Datsyuk were too tired for the last 30seconds.

Bring on the Sharks!

Holy hell, Vancouver or San Jose in the Finals O.O
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    if detroit is so good it wouldn't have gone to 7.

your team got outclassed, accept it.
    lmao. yeah thornton diving. hitting datsyuk after the whistle and screw driving the mule is outclassed. lmao.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 03:47 AM ----------

Sour grapes. It's over. It was a good series but Detroit lost. Not going to argue every little call that doesn't go someones way.
    when its something as big as a goal that should not be a goal thats bullshit. i am sorry. thats the way it is. this game should be in overtime right now.

I officially have no voice! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!! WHAT A GREAT FUCKING SERIES! GOOD JOB DETROIT, I WILL REMEMBER THIS SERIES FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now with this series end, what is everyone else's predictions on the upcoming SJ/Van series coming up?
    WoW
    Social Life
    Enough Sleep

You can pick only 2.

btw I called it, i knew the detroit fans on here would be bitter, and start calling it on the refs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver in 6 for next round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I knew this would happen. All well, it's over. For SJ/Van I've got Vancouver in 6.

Looking forward to both the series coming up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    btw I called it, i knew the detroit fans on here would be bitter, and start calling it on the refs.
    deny the goaltender interference on the 3rd goal than. prove that he didnt hit him. if it had been a fair game no problem. the fact is you guys got a lucky goal and that cost Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Interesting bit of trivia I found on NHL.com
    The Canucks now have the opportunity to repeat an unusual bit of history. In defeating the Blackhawks, Vancouver became just the fourth team in NHL history to watch a 3-0 series lead disappear, but still win Game 7. The other three all happen to share one glaring bit of common fortune.

They all won the Stanley Cup.

The 1939 Boston Bruins ran out to a 3-0 lead on the New York Rangers in the 1939 semifinal round before getting pushed to a Game 7, a game they didn't win until Mel Hill scored in triple overtime to earn Boston a berth in the Final. It was Hill's third overtime goal of the series, a performance that earned him the nickname "Sudden Death." The Bruins would respond by defeating Toronto in five games to take their second Stanley Cup.

Six years later, the Maple Leafs jumped ahead of Detroit 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, prompting Red Wings vet Mud Bruneteau to comment, "The Leafs can't be that good, we'll have to win four straight." If any team knew it was possible, the Wings certainly did. In the 1942 Stanley Cup Final, the Wings were on the short end of the ledger when Toronto became the first team in North American professional sports to rally from a three-game deficit to win a series. Detroit gave it its best shot at returning the favor, but ultimately came up short when Babe Pratt scored the winner for Toronto in Game 7.

The phenomenon wouldn't occur again until 1975 when Philadelphia took a 3-0 lead against the New York Islanders. If they Flyers thought they had it wrapped up they probably should have been more wary -- the Isles had come back from a 3-0 deficit the round before against Pittsburgh. Sure enough, New York pushed the defending champs to the limit before Philadelphia finally took Game 7 and then won its second straight title.
    I quoted this after Round 1, to point out how every team that won Games 1, 2, 3 & 7 have won the Stanley Cup. This trend shall be broken this year, as now both 'Nucks and Sharks have done this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I knew this would happen. All well, it's over. For SJ/Van I've got Vancouver in 6.

Looking forward to both the series coming up.
    i wouldn't be bitter if they won this game fair. fact is they got a big help from the refs or its overtime. bullshit is bullshit no matter how you dress it up.

I can tell you're young by that statement there. Sports and life isn't fair...it's how you deal with it that matters. I keep suggesting whiskey but apparently no one's listening..

i honestly wouldn't mind the sharks winning if they truly shouldn't of made it through round 1. i'm a kings fan, and if they had played ANYONE else they would of lost in 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    I can tell you're young by that statement there. Sports and life isn't fair...it's how you deal with it that matters. I keep suggesting whiskey but apparently no one's listening..
    second goal in 2 games San Jose has gotten on a non call. how many has Detroit gotten in the series? oh thats right. 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this will be less of a fanboy filled thread now that the sharks put the wings to rest