Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3 chars to 85, maybe 4. Can't remember. 3 at least for sure. Haven't touched the game in a few months now though, you can only re-run stale daily quests for so long until you really, really, really get tired of those.

THANK GOD for this poll. The largest section is 5 or more. I know I have issues with 7 85s, 1 80, 1 76, and leveling a 26 via PvP only. It is good to see others with issues also.

To comment on why i voted. In WotlK i only felt the need to have one level 80, i constantly had stuff to do - and never felt the need, or had much time for alts. In Cata i find myself doing nothing 99% of the time, and went from 1 character, to 10 level 85's out of boredom. Don't really have a "main" anymore just logon my hunter, raid and logoff.

Deleted
    10 chars, all classes, one server

Deleted
    I hate lvling, I rather do some BGs or Raids. I played 4 characters in WotLK, Paladin (Naxx) - Warlock (Ulduar/ToC) - Shaman (ToC/ICC), I hate my Paladin now only my Warlock and Shaman are lvl 85.

I hope when Blizzard tries to analyze why the game faltered with this expansion, they will look at this graph. I was not attempting to level fast. I was a stop and smell the roses type of player (granted, I played 20plus hours that week). Hyjal.. 5 hours.. Vash 5hours.. Deepholm...2 hours.. ding 85. Players were burned out with the whole wotlk grinding heroics for vp... and it took even most casual players 2 weeks after Cata launched to be right back in the same situation. I spent 2 years grinding VP, HOL and the other heroics each day.. within 1 week, I was right back doing the same thing (dreading DM instead of dreading HOL). I quit last month, because I don´t feel like doing the same thing. I will probably resub about a month or two before the new expansion.. that will give me enough time to see all the new content and have gear ready for the new expansion. Really, if you want to see all that WOW has to offer, that is all you have to do. Sub 2 months before an expansion, and play for 2 months afterwards. You are going to see all the content.

anyone else find it funny all the little dips are on Tuesdays?

I'd like to see numbers of low level characters playing .... I have the distinct feeling that Blizzard fails to get NEW people to play. But it will be a bummer to show with only external data
    Last edited by Rauxis; 2011-09-06 at 09:28 PM.

Woah, five. I only got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I hope when Blizzard tries to analyze why the game faltered with this expansion, they will look at this graph. I was not attempting to level fast. I was a stop and smell the roses type of player (granted, I played 20plus hours that week). Hyjal.. 5 hours.. Vash 5hours.. Deepholm...2 hours.. ding 85. Players were burned out with the whole wotlk grinding heroics for vp... and it took even most casual players 2 weeks after Cata launched to be right back in the same situation. I spent 2 years grinding VP, HOL and the other heroics each day.. within 1 week, I was right back doing the same thing (dreading DM instead of dreading HOL). I quit last month, because I don´t feel like doing the same thing. I will probably resub about a month or two before the new expansion.. that will give me enough time to see all the new content and have gear ready for the new expansion. Really, if you want to see all that WOW has to offer, that is all you have to do. Sub 2 months before an expansion, and play for 2 months afterwards. You are going to see all the content.
    I prefer 100 times to level as fast as cata allows for 80 85 then having 5 infinite levels just for the sake of it.

I'm pretty damn casual, have 6 85s and play much or less only dungeon and bg/2v2 arena, never quest once get to 85 and ... yeah i log in maybe twice a week.

Can't be arsed from Long Levels, you can take your time and do what you want once you're done with the forced part of the game

And.. now we know why Blizzard can't push next expansion out fast enough.... 5 more lvls... 50 more dollahs per player.... Who cares if the content is thinned out and new systems are thrown in half crap like archeology?

The golden duck has landed. It was too heavy for its own good and instead of laying eggs... it ran to the next project ... called Titan!

I had 10 80s in WotLK, enjoyed em all, i had 2 85s in Cata got sick after 2, especially with the class changes.

wow is dying, look at how much blue there was on the left compared to the right! Jump ship!

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    wow is dying, look at how much blue there was on the left compared to the right! Jump ship!
    I suggest reading the full post before posting... This graph is only of 1.1 million 85s in the US. Also the reason there is more on the left than right is because more of those 1.1 million users leveled to 85 closer to the release of the expansion, it has nothing to do with "wow dying".

I had 7x 80s in Wrath (And 3x more above 70), I have 3x 85's.

Cataclysm just isn't as fun. The more unnecessary changes we see, the more this is true.

For every cool new thing they add, they unnecessarily nerf/change/break something that was fine how it was, and should have been left alone...

Deleted
    While I used to have 6 characters at level 80, I have hardly managed to get my second one to level 85 now. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by darthfusion View Post
    I had 7x 80s in Wrath (And 3x more above 70), I have 3x 85's.

Cataclysm just isn't as fun. The more unnecessary changes we see, the more this is true.

For every cool new thing they add, they unnecessarily nerf/change/break something that was fine how it was, and should have been left alone...
    With some missed promises, things never delivered, implied but never got to or changed up.

I would say my greatest issue with cataclysm right here. For all the fun, new changes we got in classes and for PvP balance we get the shaft on so many other things to go with it, for example:

Good things:
    -PvP health to damage in a better proportion.

-Some class abilities made more useful

-PvP talents are more useful

-Some minor improvements to BGs and arenas

-Better stat design

-Triage based healing

The bad to counter act each note above:
    -PvP health, just made healers that much more important (op) than prior, nerfed to the fun and effectiveness of self healing (for classes that had it). PvP still is just more imblanced than it was prior to the changes. Messed up dispel change (again needed to nerf the OP ones only), MS is hardly a secondary effect now, should've just lowered the duration, not the effect.

-Lost abilities that had flavor and given some more complicated (for no good reason) rotations and ramp up obstacles to achieve decent damage. One example being ghostly strike. Also losing unique abilities (should've been nerfed if too powerful) like heroism and other homogenized garbage, that ruins the minute benefit of diverse classes, instead of stacking.

-We lost the old number of talents for a tiny cut down portion, that is pretty much oversimplified, no longer getting talents every level, lost some old talents that were useful, and in general more choices, even if they weren't that good.

-Same old BG concepts, when will we get a deathmatch and other more interactive BGs scenarios, I don't think anybody favors current AV over old(not change but refuse to revert the change), losing skirmish option.

-More rampant gear inflation and stat inflation now, in 5 levels you gain 5x the health. Gear I-levels jumps insane amounts now.

-Mana becomes THE issue now, the problem people complained most about in TBC. They could've made the challenge easily be achieving high HPS instead of managing mana, you know kind of like how the DPS do. Regardless it sucks balls when classes just feel nerfed from 80-85, and mana for healers seems like a broken concept at low gear no matter what you do.

But so many changes/directions people have been asking for forever have still been ignored I will not list them, look long enough hard enough on forums and you will see many great ideas. Things people have wanted like 1v1, just being ABLE to do it, open world PvP not like WG (and TB is pretty much just as lame). PvE and end game is the same horse to be beaten, nothing at all has changed abut it, leveling is easy = gets boring. Non raiding endgame involves a horrid grind of dailies and other boring activities along with getting stomped in PvP before you gear up in order to make what little progression you can.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-09-07 at 01:37 AM.

What baffle me to no end is the amount of people on this forum with 0 lvl 85, 2755 atm, that many are so bitter about the game they stick around on a fan site for something they dont play anymore to whine about it, good example is the post above, he still play mind you, at some lvl state of gear/rading, but he first complain that something got complicated for "no reason" then later he complain something is too simple, that is just complaining to complain, I really wish someone could tell me why ppl who dont play cata stick around on the forum, are they hoping to see the one change they been hoping for and strongly believe will change the whole game for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the stats would be much longer for these, but I'd be interested to see: - Most obtained achievements - Most mounts owned - Most companions owned (Note: not who owns the most, but which achievements/mounts/companions appear on the most characters.

I have 2 and working on 2 more atm.

As a pure casual I have been struggling lately and found myself PVPing as raiding is not really an option (time, guild collapsing, etc). I find myself levelling alts, and as like a number posters above said, "I log on, do nothing 99% of the time, and log off".

I must say as a casual, I really miss the Wrath model where Raids were so accessible to everyone (I really enjoyed TOC as there was no trash to kill), heroics that could be face rolled in 20min and completing all the menial/grinding tasks involve no effort. There was incentive to level alts because once you hit 80 you could quite easily jump into a PUG raid and get gear.

I get all the harcore out there want Raids to be "hard" so they can flex their epeen with achievements and high ilvl gear, but surely the Heroic mode does that for you.

I don't plan on rage quitting any time soon as overall I still enjoy the game, I just wish I could enjoy a little bit more of it.

But on topic - levelling alts is sooooooooo painful and in all honestly after going through all the "lore" once, I really don't give a crap the second, third and fourth time and wish i could just create a level 85 char. I just wish we could spend ingame gold and get a BOA "free level" (even if they made it only for previous expansion levels, say 5K per level, that way I could avoid outlands for ever ).