Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok now we know that no one plays Holy priest @ blizz

Deleted
    na more like you now know blizzard got some guy off the street to come up with set bonuses, I just hope that the Disc set is not forgotten about while its over shadowed by the holy set and the complaints rolling in. Holy got the short end of the stick but for disc the fact that the 2pc and 4pc combine to turn us back into bubble bots is not good.

Also T13 is like the biggest end game boss we will probably ever have to face so whats the deal with the lack luster .5 dungeon set bonuses give us something truly epic maybe even throw in an on use ability when you have 4 items equipped, we have seen set art design lose quality over the years but now it seams blizz is finally running out of bonuses also.

Maybe they should add a trasnmografy thingy for set bonuses and have them scale to match current item level also I think they should bring back more then 4pc sets.

The "non-Discipline" T13 set bonuses really are the least exciting bonuses I have ever seen.
    2p: As many have said, I cast LW before I start a fight, not during it. Even if I get the buff when others take a charge of it, I am then beholden to my raid (or myself) to use it when we need it. Its not fun, interesting, useful, or desirable.

4p: Reducing the cool-down of spells we never use is not something to cheer over. The Holy Word spells need a lot of work before this bonus becomes even remotly exciting.

The good news is that these will be changed before going live... right?

/golfclap Blizzard
    Last edited by Sagecat; 2011-09-25 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    I reckon the new 4 piece bonus as disc will be about 1/4 of the throughput of the T12 healing bonus (cauterizing flame). This is based on the amount of shields I cast in tonight's firelands raid vs the amount I got from cauterizing flame.
    Pretty weak overall.

Late to the party, again. I seriously need to stop drinking before I show up or something.

2pc comments through the thread pretty much mirror what I have to say.
    A 45% reduced mana cost for Discipline is huge. No really. They're using a burst healing/mana reduction cooldown because they need burst healing, but healing faster consumes more mana (thus the need for more regen/lower costs to counter it). Using it in this way can shift people off of a little spirit, and can be significant in the long term. Or even allow bubble-botting during a cooldown. Which during a cooldown isn't bad, just when it's the only accepted playstyle for 100% of the time.

2pc comments through Holy.
    Lightwell is placed before damage goes out. What they were ever thinking that this makes sense is beyond me. If it was 5 seconds, and Holy Word: Sanctuary, it'd be a much better answer actually, because that is how you actually use that spell.

4pc comments through Discipline:
    Shield crits are cool. No really. It doesn't matter that it's RNG, that chance to effectively mitigate an entire heroic boss hit off of a single GCD is pretty significant. Color me amused, even if it doesn't amount to much numbers overall it can still make a difference. Raid Healing, it's RNG based, but meh Discipline wants more "feel from sheilds" and this is one way to do it.

4pc comments through Holy:
    Holy Words are broken. Come on, seriously. Serenity doesn't actually give its bonus, it's just a weak holy shock with no secondary benefit. Sanctuary is broken and ignoring the target cap. If this was ever remedied, why would we care about the cooldown being reduced? Tome of Light would be neglected again, and a 4pc that mimics it means nothing. Not to mention Chastise... Hey, if it actually worked, I'd have been using it on Ragnaros (seeing as I chakra shift anyways).

Developer comments on the set bonus:
    When did we stop being Holy? I mean "Non-Discipline"? .......thanks Blizz. Really. The words I want to say are unfitting for a public venue, but really.

Derevka:
    I do tend to agree that this may signal the shift of mitigation style cooldowns to the tanks instead of the healers. Let's just hope that more healers get throughput style cooldowns instead. Not Tranquility, more Tree of Life/Guardian of Ancient Kings/Avenging Wrath/Archangel/Power Infusion style of output, that is still in the hands of the player to use well instead of one-button-winning.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-25 at 10:27 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Breathe Kel, Breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Breathe Kel, Breathe.
    ButIcan'tandthenthere'sthisandwhatdoIdoandthenbutIjustcan'tandtheybrokeitandandand....

change your sig because you're not a non-discipline priest anymore ceph?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I do tend to agree that this may signal the shift of mitigation style cooldowns to the tanks instead of the healers. Let's just hope that more healers get throughput style cooldowns instead. Not Tranquility, more Tree of Life/Guardian of Ancient Kings/Avenging Wrath/Archangel/Power Infusion style of output, that is still in the hands of the player to use well instead of one-button-winning.
    A-freakin'-men. Amen.

I would LOVE a GOAK/ToL style CD for Holy. (I am looking at you, Spirit of Redemption)

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    A-freakin'-men. Amen.

I would LOVE a GOAK/ToL style CD for Holy. (I am looking at you, Spirit of Redemption)
    Spirit of Redemption would be one way to do it. Another would be just to make Sanctuary a 15% healing recieved from the Priest when standing in it (but increase the mana cost). That's why I ran an Archangel/Holy spec as long as I did, just to have that freaking button for when I need one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    change your sig because you're not a non-discipline priest anymore ceph?
    Your so amusing tabby cat.

Spirit of Redemption would be one way to do it. Another would be just to make Sanctuary a 15% healing recieved from the Priest when standing in it (but increase the mana cost). That's why I ran an Archangel/Holy spec as long as I did, just to have that freaking button for when I need one.
    I really want one of those too :/

Look at my sig, see what blizzard has done?!?!
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Is there even a point to playing holy anymore with these bonuses? If not, I will just quit until next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Is there even a point to playing holy anymore with these bonuses? If not, I will just quit until next expansion.
    Apparently, given that we're "non-discipline" now, I don't think Blizzard even cares.

I think im gonna start calling our Ret Pallies Non-Prot-or-Holy Paladins.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 10:56 PM ----------

Come to think on it...

This is a great example of how trying to be 'PC' comes back and bites you in the butt.

I dont think they intended to have it read as a middle finger to the Holy Tree... just like how when my mother trips over the words "life partner" when talking about my SO. /facepalm

/hug derevka

LOL; its true Kel!

But w/o jest... I sincerely think they didnt mean anything by it. Its just a really crappy method of communicating it.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    LOL; its true Kel!

But w/o jest... I sincerely think they didnt mean anything by it. Its just a really crappy method of communicating it.
    There's been a lot of things they've been "really crappy at communicating" lately. I don't like to be cynical, but really, I just don't know what to do anymore except be a bitter old lady.... ugh, I'm turning into one of those, now, too.

ButIcan'tandthenthere'sthisandwhatdoIdoandthenbutIjustcan'tandtheybrokeitandandand....

Lol I love you kel gimme ur sig. Hamsters gone wild isn't cutting it anymore
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Whatever you do don't get any pet cats Kel.