Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Flying In The Next Expansion

I really hope Blizzard decides to make the 85+ zones a no-fly zone till atleast lvl 90 (or whenever the max level will be) I remember the epic feel each new zone had when you was forced to explore it on ground level. I personally feel this is why the Cataclysm zones felt a little lacklustre to me due to the majority of time flying at a high level. After all one of the most epic feel I had in Wrath was climbing the vast mountain in Howling Fjord

Artisan Pandaren Flying Master Beer Drinking Riding.

Believe.

As long as flight points are plentiful, I don't see why not. I usually just end up polar bear riding across the zones anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah
    /10 chars

i completely agree with this, slows down the pace of leveling a bit and makes the zone feel more engaging then just lol fly from point a to b and back to complete quest without paying any attention to the surroundings

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just use a ground mount and i'll fly, you get epic feel you like and i get the feel i like...win/win

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I hate leveling and this would make it slower, I agree. I quite enjoyed levelling in Wotlk (thats when I joined WoW) was quite a nice experience leveling in Northrend without the flying mount.

I want them to set it back to how it was in wrath needing to be 77 to get cold weather, and then set it sot hat you have to be max level of that area; e.g. lvl60 to get azeroth flight, 70 to get outland 77 (or make Icecrown and stormpeaks more accessable and get flight at 80) as cata is set mostly in the oldworld no need to make any level rec as youd have it from 60, then for the next expac have the rec as 90, ye this may make leveling a bit harder but isnt it suposed to be hard to navigate your way round somewhere you have never been ?

just my opinion :P
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Or you could just use a ground mount and i'll fly, you get epic feel you like and i get the feel i like...win/win
    Thing is though almost every 80+ zone requires flying to do quests or get from A to B

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope we have to use ground mounts in the new zones. I must admit that I miss it, even though I thought flying was the best thing ever for the first two weeks of cata.

Deleted
    I hope too, but i doubt blizzard will use ground mount for new exp. They didnt for cata so..

I like flying every where better, back then when I was about 14/15 when I was playing WoW in Vanilla, I had to RUN EVERY WHERE TIL I hit level 40 for a regular mount and 60 for a Epic Riding Mount.... Back then we didnt have dungeon finder either, we had a /4 = LookingForGroup Chat.

Deleted
    Flying is useful for gathering and getting from A to B but when it comes to questing it takes away the involvement, infact flying mounts in questing is a bit like Frodo hopping on a giant eagle and flying over to Mt Doom and dropping the ring before returning to the Shire and buying apples for 5 silver and selling 'em for 10 silver for hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Artisan Pandaren Flying Master Beer Drinking Riding.

Believe.
    I love this idea. Flying requires your character to be so drunk they can no longer see where they are going. NO MOAR SPOILZORZ!!!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

it would make sense if they made it like in wotlk.
    flying not allowed until max level.
    then they can remove the limit after a couple of patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogueslol View Post
    I like flying every where better, back then when I was about 14/15 when I was playing WoW in Vanilla, I had to RUN EVERY WHERE TIL I hit level 40 for a regular mount and 60 for a Epic Riding Mount.... Back then we didnt have dungeon finder either, we had a /4 = LookingForGroup Chat.
    That's why many say Vanilla was better...I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Yea. And they should make all the roads up hill......and it should be snowing all the time......and the more stuff you carry with you the slower you move......

Why should Blizzard do that?
    Flying or not, is a choice you have.
    Blizzard is not makuing everybody fly through every zone by making it possible to fly through but Blizzard is giving you a choice to fly if you want to.

If you find it an epic feeling to explore everything on groundmounts, why don't you just that?

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Thing is though almost every 80+ zone requires flying to do quests or get from A to B
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Deepholm the only zone that actually required flying?
    I distinctly remember passages up mountains, chokepoints, normal roads, etc. in all other zones...

On topic: if you enjoy running on land and the terrain allows it, do it. Don't ever force other people into your little world because you think it's better. Your opinion might not be as widely shared as you think. And if you want to be restricted by the game and not yourself because you know you'll use the faster, more efficient, way then your argument really is pointless...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Why should Blizzard do that?
    Flying or not, is a choice you have.
    Blizzard is not makuing everybody fly through every zone by making it possible to fly through but Blizzard is giving you a choice to fly if you want to.

If you find it an epic feeling to explore everything on groundmounts, why don't you just that?
    Because as I said it's impossible to quest in Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum and Twilight Highlands without flying