Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
    Correction. Shut-ins that have no affiliation with the outside world do that. People who actually get educated on civil issues realize that's completely stupid.

Again, no one cares about what you do with your buddies on your own time. I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't make some kind of jab ironically here or there amongst friends in a completely closed environment. But doing it on a grand stage of thousands, potentially a million plus if they had their way with the amount of Virtual Tickets they'd love to sell, is not even remotely the same thing.

The connotation of certain words just isn't going to "go away." Because those words were made to be negative in the first place BECAUSE of that group. "Cocksucker" is associated with homosexuals as being negative because it originally was supposed to be calling out men for being "like a woman." So it marginalizes women AND male homosexuals all at once. And yet people still dish out these completely stupid arguments like "LOL, it's just a generic word for a person you don't like now XD SO RANDUM" even though it got to be that way in the first place THROUGH hate.

Don't give me this crap like the South Park motorcyclist episode where they change the definition of "fags," (not saying YOU are arguing this) because I know someone brought it up. Words do change over time, but they change relevant to how society views them. And as a whole, the majority of the people who think it's A-OK are the privileged non-minority. The fact that people react negatively is a case for the fact that words don't change in the course of a couple of decades, they change over a much longer period of time.

Can't you just call someone any other myriad assortment of colorful, group-blind atrocities and be done with it? I don't get why slurs need to be a "thing." They're so easy to avoid, it's not like you are physically compelled to say them.
    Look, what it all boils down to, is people will use these words the way they want to, its all over the internet, its all over Facebook, and i hear it in real life ALL the time, and not just from buddies. Gays can get mad all they want, but they can't do anything about it, the words will be used in many different ways. This is all thanks to 14 year olds having internet access.

It is important that Blizzard follows the same rules that they expect the player base to follow. The comments would be grounds for a permanent forums ban and/or a nice ban from the game. Why is it ok for blizzard to endorse those comments?

If they had posted it on youtube, it would be fine. However, blizzard did endorse these comments, and therefore Blizzard needs to apologize as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain
    They're just going to call Alliance players overly sensitive babies next year, aren't they?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Classy move by the band, particularly since they wanted to directly apologize as opposed to just letting the PR team do it for them.

They're trying to have fun and the response was a lot of people weren't.

Regards to the video, it was stupid when it first surfaced during BC and it was stupid resurfacing at Blizzcon four or so years later as the intro to Corpsegrinder. They could have introduced the guy without it and gotten the same message across. Hell, Corpsegrinder had a microphone and only said the Alliance sucks, which I mean who the hell cares?

If you take the video out, I doubt you have the response that you did and I think the band recognized that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    This has nothing to do with being offended about being Alliance.
    It dosn't....... then what is this all about? I feel there apoligasing fits will with what pateuvasiliu said tooo.

Also, yay! on my 600th post!

Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2011-10-26 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertoxxulous View Post
    Look, what it all boils down to, is people will use these words the way they want to, its all over the internet, its all over Facebook, and i hear it in real life ALL the time, and not just from buddies. Gays can get mad all they want, but they can't do anything about it, the words will be used in many different ways. This is all thanks to 14 year olds having internet access.
    No one is implicating 14 year olds or complete dickwads, though. If I hear some kid on Xbox Live drop the "N" bomb 100 times, I'm not really shocked because he's basically flinging his shit.

If someone were to say the same thing that Corpsegrinder said in that interview on this very site, again, I'd just report them and be on my way. No point.

It's when a multi-million dollar company by proxy endorses these kinds of words through a musician that they invite as a guest and show a clip that could've just as easily been avoided altogether. You are indirectly endorsing hate speech by doing that in the first place.

This is a much bigger stage and a much more high profile case, getting the word out MUCH further from a group that has a very, very powerful voice. It is not even remotely the same thing as what you're comparing it to.

Deleted
    Had that been a death metal concert and been announced as such, I'm sure the issue for most people would not be so big. Swearing and insulting is quite common there. Noone takes it seriously, noone takes offense by it.
    But! I have seen lights and sound turned off, band members being pulled off the stage by the police for much less, as soon as someone apart from a fan-crowd hears/sees this.
    And that was not a Deathmetal concert, it was Blizzcon. There were kids there, maybe parents too. And most parents don't react very good when someone says "they deserve to die!" about their children, because most parents don't hear "Alliance" or "Horde", they only know that this is what their children play and that people sometimes beat each other up for it (at Blizzcon). How should they know, that noone would actually go even that big step further?
    And if you're a kid or any other sensitive person, much into WoW, playing Alliance and being bullied all the time for playing computer games anyway, I don't know how you shouldn't be offended. It hurts.

I saw the interview, and I did think they put it there for a good reason. The guy himself laughed at his nerdrage, calling himself a pathetic nerd about being so into the Horde. And that performance was his way to express his nerd-feelings. To me personally that is nothing to be offended about, but I do see why you could think differently about it.
    If you go to a death metal concert, expect to hear some real bad words if you don't want to hear such things, just don't go there.
    But again: that was Blizzcon. People don't go there and expect things like that, so the ones responsible should be at least a little careful.

I think it is good they apologized. I hope they mean it.

Warning! THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS HATE SPEECH. DO NOT WATCH IF SENSITIVE TO SUCH MATTERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43oJl4nc_wA

Laugh Factory Incident

On November 17, 2006, during a performance at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood, California, a camera phone video captured Richards[1][9] shouting "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a fucking fork up your ass!" to a pair of black hecklers in the audience, followed by repeated shouts of "He's a nigger!" to the rest of the audience[10] (using the racial epithet six times altogether and making a reference to lynching).[11] Another black member of the audience who was offended by the remarks retorted by calling Richards a "cracker" and "fucking white boy."[10][12]

Richards made a public apology for his racist remarks, during a telephoned appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman, when Jerry Seinfeld was the guest.[13] He described going into a rage and said, "For me to be at a comedy club and to flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry." He said he was trying to defuse heckling by being even more outrageous, but that it had backfired. Richards later called civil rights leaders Al Sharpton[14] and Jesse Jackson[15] in order to apologize. He also appeared as a guest on Jackson's syndicated radio show.[16]

Kyle Doss, one of the members of the group that Richards had addressed, gave his explanation to CNN of the events prior to the cell phone video. He said that they had arrived in the middle of the performance and that, "I guess we're being a little loud, because there was 20 of us ordering drinks. And Richards said, 'Look at the stupid Mexicans and blacks being loud up there.'"[14] Richards then continued with his routine. Doss added, "And, then, after a while, I told him, my friend doesn't think you're funny," which triggered Richards' outburst.

The incident was later parodied on several TV shows, including MadTV, Family Guy, South Park, Extras and Curb Your Enthusiasm; in the last, he appeared as himself.

And that is what happens when people ACTUALLY do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    This has nothing to do with being offended about being Alliance.
    I guess I can see now why some people might be offended. But was it such an injustice that it demanded an apology by Blizzard? When I hear a black comedian tell a joke about white people I don't get mad and demand an apology. I laugh if its funny, or don't laugh if it isn't. I know everyone isn't like me, but I feel like corpsegrinder wasn't trying to be insulting to homosexuals, and this whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Now this is funny i mean, we alliance normally receive a huge amount of insults everywhere ... first time i have seen a complain about that lol.
    About the children in there, i love kids and i hope one day will have my own, but if i were to go to blizzcon i would search for someone to take care of them for one or two days. this things are expected to happen on this events. Think about it, just by the costumes and content probably a child will be confused as to why there are many freaking monsters walking around hehe :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    It dosn't....... then what is this all about? I feel there apoligasing fits will with what pateuvasiliu said tooo.

Also, yay! on my 600th post!
    The unprofessionalism Blizzard demonstrated, try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
    No one is implicating 14 year olds or complete dickwads, though. If I hear some kid on Xbox Live drop the "N" bomb 100 times, I'm not really shocked because he's basically flinging his shit.

If someone were to say the same thing that Corpsegrinder said in that interview on this very site, again, I'd just report them and be on my way. No point.

It's when a multi-million dollar company by proxy endorses these kinds of words through a musician that they invite as a guest and show a clip that could've just as easily been avoided altogether. You are indirectly endorsing hate speech by doing that in the first place.

This is a much bigger stage and a much more high profile case, getting the word out MUCH further from a group that has a very, very powerful voice. It is not even remotely the same thing as what you're comparing it to.
    Yes i agree, it makes me wonder why they didn't bleep most of it anyways...
    I guess Blizzard thought the video was way less popular then they thought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
    Those are the real world facts that in no way change based on someones opinion.
    But thats just what facts are, opinions that have been accepted by the general consensus. Saying they won't change is ludicrous, we would still be living on a "flat" world and the sun would be rotating around us if that were true.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    This has GOT to be the best thread ever.
    First everybody QQ's about blizz insulting the alliance and favoring the horde.
    Next they QQ when somebody apoligizes.
    Because clearly, they are the same people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe they apologized for this. It's their fucking act. Are you people so addicted to bitching and trolling Blizzard that you don't see that? It is ridiculous that an artist would be limited by the complaints of an audience that obviously has no place seeing them perform.

It was the same damn thing at Blizzcon 09, nobody complained about it. Grow the hell up community.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I demand an apology from L90ETC because they insulted the only thing I can identify with in my sad pathetic life because I lack the personal skills, social eptitude and common sense to survive in the real world. Also, WTB Time Lost Proto Drake and some hotpockets.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    But thats just what facts are, opinions that have been accepted by the general consensus. Saying they won't change is ludicrous, we would still be living on a "flat" world and the sun would be rotating around us if that were true.
    The idea of the earth being flat was never a FACT because it remained unproven. It had been accepted as public truth however, which, is a different thing entirely.

The only issues I have is that if I used that joke on their own forums I would get perma-banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl403 View Post
    I guess I can see now why some people might be offended. But was it such an injustice that it demanded an apology by Blizzard? When I hear a black comedian tell a joke about white people I don't get mad and demand an apology. I laugh if its funny, or don't laugh if it isn't. I know everyone isn't like me, but I feel like corpsegrinder wasn't trying to be insulting to homosexuals, and this whole thing was blown out of proportion.
    Now to really hurt someone feeling a would be using the Q and C word.

Just sayin'.

Now bitching about every single incident delude when its time to bitch are things that really matters.

Yes i agree, it makes me wonder why they didn't bleep most of it anyways...
    They did, and I'd imagine you know this and are being sarcastic, but it doesn't matter. I'm just as tired as the "but they bleeped" argument. They still tried to paint hate speech in a humorous light You're still actively supporting an individual and SHOWING their own position in a context that wasn't needed even remotely, and if you argue in favor of bleeping being a legit form of censorship when it comes to comments like this, clearly it's just lip readers that are upset~

No one cares if they HEAR someone's position, people care if they KNOW someone's position regardless and they're still being endorsed . Why the flying fuck did they have to play the clip in the first place? There were other things he said in the same interview that would establish that he played the game and were infinitely more positive.

Nevermind that its initial broadcast on Virtual Ticket wasn't even bleeped, it only is in the archive.

Are you getting it yet?