Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The combat animation seems very stiff to me. Heck, all the animations seem stiff. Im a huge Bioware fanboi but theres just something bout this game that puts me of. Im vague I know.
    I do hope its a giant success though.

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    nda, maybe the game is not as good as they told you? if it is lifted everyone will know the truth a cancel pre orders etc :P
    im in beta btw so this post might be considered breaching!!!

thus proving my point
    The NDA has already been lifted for the media. Go google some and you will get reviews.

nda, maybe the game is not as good as they told you? if it is lifted everyone will know the truth a cancel pre orders etc :P

thus proving my point
    Im not going to say much yet but........
    So your saying your in swtor beta, but think its shit/not as good as its made out to be?
    You think nda's are there to stop people seeing a bad made game?
    The only thing thats shit here is your talking it or your full of it...i cant make my mind up on that yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Star Wars...

10+ Year Old Account

thus proving my point
    Yeah I'm going on a limb here and say you are NOT in beta. If you were, you would know WHY you are in beta and WHY there is an NDA. You truly make it sound like you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Detunedradio View Post
    As i mentioned in my first post, its a choice between Wow and Star Wars for me. At the moment Star Wars just doesnt have enough to make it a big enough change to make me stop playing Wow. Now thats not saying im in love with Wow, as i really dislike Cata (Though i do have high hopes for 4.3).
    There will be a large % of people who are playing TOR at launch that are veteran WoW players who are simply tired of WoW and the direction the game is going.
    It is truly being watered down so much that it is not remotely the same game anymore.

MoP is going to move even further in that direction. New talent system, all the minor tweaks that are being stolen from other games (morality in quests......dynamic events....companions who fight with you.....) to keep people around, not to mention they are giving Diablo 3 away if you pay for a 12 month sub at 15 bucks a month.

4.3 isn't going to be any better, I can't wait to see how the Raid Finder turns out, there will be so much shit talking, meter flaunting, douchebaggery it will be hilarious. The bosses in Dragon Soul are underwhelming as it is, hopefully though the difficulty level will be higher due to the R finder being faceroll and they will leave normal and heroic stuff alone.

There is 0 community in WoW anymore outside of guilds, and since everything is cross server queues they have no reason to merge servers.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    The combat animation seems very stiff to me. Heck, all the animations seem stiff. Im a huge Bioware fanboi but theres just something bout this game that puts me of. Im vague I know.
    I do hope its a giant success though.
    Are you going by gameplay experience or videos? Watching a video about a nice car is not the same as driving one. I was worried about this exact same thing because fluid combat is the #1 most most important thing to me in a game, and they got it down in TOR and I didn't believe it until I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    If you could change/remove something from SWToR what would it be?
    NDA, no x-server LFG or war fronts, swimming, dual spec

Those are big factors when considering a new mmo for me.

thus proving my point
    And you're a troll, if they lifted the NDA there would most likely be an increase in Pre-orders due to more information for consumers to make informed decisions.

If they were worried about people disliking the game would they guarantee early access for pre-orders and give a period of time after release for you to register your actual code? People could play early access and never buy the game, which some might invariably do.

The game is good, it will NOT be for everybody though and that is fine.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    NDA, no x-server LFG or war fronts, swimming, dual spec

Those are big factors when considering a new mmo for me.
    You do realize that cross server "dungeon matching" ruins the community right? Balancing servers is the key to this not being an issue and if BW does it right there will be plenty of people to fill groups.

And with the bolster system in place and same faction warzones cross server PvP is even less needed.

Swimming? LOL This again, lack of water and the need to go into it is a FEATURE of this game to me. I despise swimming and don't care if games like GW2 make it the best thing since toilet paper, it still will not appeal to me.
    Last edited by jearle; 2011-10-26 at 01:51 PM.

no x-server LFG
    x-server lfg is something that prevents from merging servers and thus showing signs of weakness.
    new mmo's dont need that because when everything is new groups come together more easily.
    also this is a game of group sizes of 4 and you can fill missing spots with companions. considering the quality of player you get from an lfg tool a companion is the better choice by far. and x-server stuff does ruin the community in pve AND pvp.
    However I would wish for a non exclusive option for warzone's so the player can choose if the wants to know his enemy (same server, longer wait) or just wants to farm.

In pve x-server lfg turned out to be a catastrophe that showed bad players and bad manners at its worst.

Ok for ToR people in this thread you people do realize that there is a day after launch right. Like this game will not just launch then shut down a month later.

It needs features to keep it viable. I am not going to sit here and list why these features are needed or provide 7 years worth of examples why they work. PRO TIP: JUST BECAUSE IT FAILED IN WOW DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL FAIL IN ANOTHER MMORPG

Just get over it guys. Blizzard did x-server LFG wrong. They screwed up and put literally no limits or restrictions and the obvious happened. The thing works in Rift. It just does and there is nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.

Have a little faith in Bioware to be a competent dev and allow them to put this stuff in. Do not be shocked when the "I quit" threads start over this same stuff we repeat with every mmo release.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    If you could change/remove something from SWToR what would it be?
    space without question. The tunnel shooter doesn't look terrible, but its a tunnel shoooter. I would like to have more freedom of movement in space and be able to turn around if I miss something. Also it would be nice to be able to have others in space with you on missions either in other ships or turrets. I would also love to see pvp in space ship v ship or boarding other ships etc. It just seems like Bioware really didn't think of all the stuff they could do with space and instead last second just said oh yeah space here have this mini game.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I have no idea since the game isn't out yet.
    Totally agree. It is in Beta still and some changes are still expected before Launch and right after Launch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    To answer the topic question.

Things I don't like:
    *Ships not having small customizable things, i.e. decorations (I mean, they already made the player housing, how much more work would they actually have to do to let us customize it with small things?)
    *Competitive PvP seems to be neglected on launch, hope that tournaments/rated PvP aren't too far post-launch
    *No announcement yet on what the other difficulties of raiding they have, wondering if that has been scrapped
    *All races having the same skeleton
    *No pandas (I kid)
    *The fact that leveling is streamlined to death, but I can see how that is needed in a game where "story" is important. I just miss the free feeling you had with Vanilla WoW and WoTLK, where you had several choices as to where you wanted to level. It just made the world feel so gigantic.
    *CEs getting their own area and not just a vendor, placed in the middle of the largest social hub with a "Bouncer" NPC. Can we get any more obnoxious with this, devs? (And don't even bother arguing with me about this, I won't reply. Already argued about it to death in other threads)

I'm sure I could think of a few more... but it's still a great game.
    From the recent press releases:
    • Bioware would like to add PvP tournaments (rated PvP?) after launch.
    • Operations and Flash Points will have 2 difficulty modes, normal and hard.

My list of things I don't like about SWTOR is rather short:
    • Space Combat is a lame rail shooter.
    • Too many hops and loading screens to get in and out of your ship thus making it less of a "home" for your character.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    The game is good, it will NOT be for everybody though and that is fine.
    <Snip> NDA
    I think the game has enough innovation, and comfortable old stand by mechanics to keep me occupied for a good while, and if Bioware can deliver regular content updates the game can be as good as WoW, Rift or any other MMO out there right now.

I do agree that it's probably not for everyone, but I for one have been so looking forward to playing a non fantasy based themed MMO for a long time, and the fact that it's story based make the game even better. Even if the story elements are meant to gate the leveling speed, they are done so well that you will hardly notice, <Snip>
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-26 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    space without question. The tunnel shooter doesn't look terrible, but its a tunnel shoooter. I would like to have more freedom of movement in space and be able to turn around if I miss something. Also it would be nice to be able to have others in space with you on missions either in other ships or turrets. I would also love to see pvp in space ship v ship or boarding other ships etc. It just seems like Bioware really didn't think of all the stuff they could do with space and instead last second just said oh yeah space here have this mini game.
    That's exactly what they did though. They saw long load times for planet to planet travel and thought that adding a fun space shooter mini game as an option that fits the theme and allows you to get some space use out of your space ship would be different and add some flavour.

I don't understand why so many players want this mini game to be a full fledged, self sufficient game right from the get go. Don't get me wrong it would be awesome, but to put a mark against an already massive game because of it kind of makes you come off as a spoiled brat. If Bioware were to implement everything everyone wants into the game then they are shooting themselves in the foot in a sense for future patches and/or expansions and have to do something crazy like add in pandas or pokemon. (MoP jab)

On a side note what's everyone's obsession with mods? Are they necessary? No. Can you play the game without them? Hell ya. I like some mods too, like quality of life mods, but I can live without them and I wouldn't put a mark against a game that doesn't allow them.

OT there is nothing I hate/dislike/or would change so far. I just want a change of theme, great story, and the option to play with friends and strangers alike.
    Last edited by deathtakes; 2011-10-26 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    That's exactly what they did though. They saw long load times for planet to planet travel and thought that adding a fun space shooter mini game as an option that fits the theme and allows you to get some space use out of your space ship would be different and add some flavour.
    Actually no. The space shooter is a minigame you have choose to do. It's not incorporated with planet to planet travel at all.

On a side note what's everyone's obsession with mods? Are they necessary? No. Can you play the game without them? Hell ya. I like some mods too, like quality of life mods, but I can live without them and I wouldn't put a mark against a game that doesn't allow them.
    Not a discussion to be had. They all turn out very badly.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I never really was a huge star wars fan. I love the movie's, sure. But thats about all I like.

Now if they make a transformer's MMO!!!

Ok for ToR people in this thread you people do realize that there is a day after launch right. Like this game will not just launch then shut down a month later.

It needs features to keep it viable. I am not going to sit here and list why these features are needed or provide 7 years worth of examples why they work. PRO TIP: JUST BECAUSE IT FAILED IN WOW DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL FAIL IN ANOTHER MMORPG

Just get over it guys. Blizzard did x-server LFG wrong. They screwed up and put literally no limits or restrictions and the obvious happened. The thing works in Rift. It just does and there is nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.

Have a little faith in Bioware to be a competent dev and allow them to put this stuff in. Do not be shocked when the "I quit" threads start over this same stuff we repeat with every mmo release.
    Cross server mixing of people in instances and to some point PvP ruins the community and emboldens a % of people to treat others like shit. This has nothing to do with WoW this has to do with human nature.

Cross server mixing gives that % of players a feeling of anonymity where they feel like being a complete douche because they can get away with it. There is 0 accountability and no consequences for being an asshat in a group of random people from other servers who have no impact on your home server.

Take away the cross server mixing and that same person who acts the same way time and time again will develop a reputation for being a douchebag and the community as a whole can blacklist them. When reputation matters, behavior is changed because there can be consequences.

Not to mention only forming groups from a pool of players on your own server increases the chance that you will meet other people who you might enjoy playing with therefore making the community better.

Smaller group sizes for instances, mixed with the fact you can fill in a slot with a companion if impatient make the idea of needing cross server matchmaking obsolete imo.

If BW can handle population imbalances and server population accordingly, this entire discussion will be a moot point.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy View Post
    I never really was a huge star wars fan. I love the movie's, sure. But thats about all I like.

Now if they make a transformer's MMO!!!
    They are making a transformers mmo.......not sure if trolling.

Tranformers Universe

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...tails-Roll-Out

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post

I don't understand why so many players want this mini game to be a full fledged, self sufficient game right from the get go. Don't get me wrong it would be awesome, but to put a mark against an already massive game because of it kind of makes you come off as a spoiled brat. If Bioware were to implement everything everyone wants into the game then they are shooting themselves in the foot in a sense for future patches and/or expansions and have to do something crazy like add in pandas or pokemon. (MoP jab)

OT there is nothing I hate/dislike/or would change so far. I just want a change of theme, great story, and the option to play with friends and strangers alike.
    I thought the implementation of space combat was underwhelming, now I might be a bit spoiled being someone who play SWG's JTL expansion which brought ships, free flight, space missions, ship v ship pvp and resource gathering from space, it was best thing they had done to that game. Though, I can understand that Bioware could not fit this type of system into the game at launch, the rail shooter they implemented, while it looks ok, didn't really perform all that well with keyboard controls.

Can I live with what's in game at launch for now? Sure, but knowing what's possible from an MMO that's 6 years old, I know that Bioware can deliver a much better experience than what is available at launch. So I will patiently wait for them to get around to it. At least it's not something they promised to be there at launch and just simply did not deliver.

10+ Year Old Account

Tranformers Universe

to bad its a browser game.

Cross server mixing of people in instances and to some point PvP ruins the community and emboldens a % of people to treat others like shit. This has nothing to do with WoW this has to do with human nature.

Cross server mixing gives that % of players a feeling of anonymity where they feel like being a complete douche because they can get away with it. There is 0 accountability and no consequences for being an asshat in a group of random people from other servers who have no impact on your home server.

Take away the cross server mixing and that same person who acts the same way time and time again will develop a reputation for being a douchebag and the community as a whole can blacklist them. When reputation matters, behavior is changed because there can be consequences.

Not to mention only forming groups from a pool of players on your own server increases the chance that you will meet other people who you might enjoy playing with therefore making the community better.

Smaller group sizes for instances, mixed with the fact you can fill in a slot with a companion if impatient make the idea of needing cross server matchmaking obsolete imo.

If BW can handle population imbalances and server population accordingly, this entire discussion will be a moot point.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 01:02 PM ----------

Tranformers Universe

No, I am not trolling. I had no idea, sorry I dont keep up with all the MMO news etc..