Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Dunno about other females, but my period started when I was 10.
    For alot 8 isn't even close to unheard of these days. So yeah not that unlikely.

a small list of youngest births that we know of,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._birth_mothers
    Last edited by Krokar; 2011-11-12 at 03:16 AM.

Not to sound racist but I mean it is Mexico...

<Infracted> No nation-bashing please.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-11-12 at 10:02 AM.

stories like this make me hate people even more

Deleted
    You know, it could've been completely consensual sex between two minors (just not in the eyes of the law).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    I don't...don't..even..how?...who...would? How is it possible?

Something weird to think of you and your daughter are only 6 years apart by birth.....

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious - why is it immediately rape? What if the boy with her was 11. Automatically he raped her? No matter what it was his idea, after all surely the 10 year old girl is perfectly innocent but the 11 year old boy is a deviant? Surely she could not have been willing..... Give me a break.

Yes, I'm older and for me to do with that one so young is just sick. But the idea that this is so awful is only a recent idea - dating back 100 years at the most. Think about Little House on the Prairie. What was she 13 when she got married? And that wasn't even considered too young at all. And this is Mexico - so you have to almost put them on par with us in the 1850's honestly. We only adjusted to the "18 to get married, your not an adult until then" when our life expectancy grew so much. Theirs isn't that high.

I can guarantee you there are 10 year old girls in Africa with boys near their age already in arranged marriages and likely pregnant. For them to wait until 14 would probably seem as equally weird to you as that age does to us.

Don't be so quick to judge or play the rape card.

Also - my ex-wife once confessed to me of having erotic dreams at age 9. No sexual abuse or anything strange, that's just when it woke in her. Which is also when her periods started. I.e. the hormones turned on and desires started along with them. She confessed to initiating some things as early as 11 with boys (the boys were about as confused as anything as to what to do). This idea that these little girls at this age are surely innocent and must have been raped is all well in good in fairyland, but simply not the realy. I know it's hard to think of little girls as something other that sugar, spice all that's nice, but they are just as perverted as boys and it typically awakens at an earlier age - as it happens when the hormones turn on and girls generally get their period at an earlier age than boys hit puberty.

If you think 10 year olds are too young, you really shouldn't look at human history.
    There's a reason for the remark "if she bleeds, she breeds". Back in the day, before penicillin, infant mortality rate was really high. In addition, you needed kids help to work the farm and whatever. The only way to accomplish a lot of things it to breed as fast as possible. This included what we define as kids.

The big deal for us is 10 year old's have no method to survive on their own. We deem them irresponsible and incapable of making live changing decisions. We believe at 18, you're smart enough for live changing decisions (excluding alcohol, being the President, a member of Congress, etc). From others perceptions about it, they look at us as we're going out of our way to teach children (<18 yo) that they can not be responsible until this magic number 18 hits them. In Texas, it's 17, btw, with a 3 year Romeo and Juliet clause.

Personally, I don't know what age I'd argue for a reasonable age of consent because our society isn't ready to allow our children to have responsibility. We barely allow them to drive at 16, much less hold a job that pays anything worth its weight. So 18 isn't an unreasonable number for practical reasons, but for biological reasons it's far too high. If you want emotional/ethical reasons, it's too low -- as one should have to be around 25 before you gain Adult rights. So I guess I'd start with the age of 25, just to start. Maybe lower though. My only complaint about when "kids" get preggo is: Where they forced or manipulated? If yes, that's bad. If no, I'm not too concerned. the reason I only care about rape and manipulation is that's the only arena adults win in -- experience and raw strength. If you don't want your kid screwing around then be a responsible parent and buy them a vibrator. Throw in some condoms, just to be safe. Anything, I argue, is being an irresponsible parent by putting your head in the sand.

I think far too often people forget we are still slaves to our biological masters. We're horny because our body says "MAKE BABY NOW!". There are 13 year old that look like 18 AND get in to bars with a fake ID. They are horny like anyone else but are held to a different standard. Right, wrong, or indifferent -- that's the way it is and it'll be a political war to change it. The war won't be able what's best for the children or adults. It'll be what looks best and will help assist in voting people in to power.

In the US, sex is a scary thing. Showing vag in a movie will get you an X rating. But showing someone losing their torso and blood everywhere may still net you a PG-13 or maybe an R. Sex is natural and something your body really likes. Killing, not so much. Personally, I find us as backwards.

You know there's different kinds of rape, right? Even if both parties are consenting it can still be rape.

What does it matter? I mean, if she was raped, yeah, that's terrible, but otherwise, what does it have to do with you (or any of us other than those directly affected by these events)? Posting news stories like this and continuing to spread them because, for whatever ridiculous reason, you think it's "important" really does more harm than anything else.

Such a sad state of events. 10 years old....you should be worrying about what color crayon to use not mother hood....

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redsage View Post
    I'm curious - why is it immediately rape? What if the boy with her was 11. Automatically he raped her? No matter what it was his idea, after all surely the 10 year old girl is perfectly innocent but the 11 year old boy is a deviant? Surely she could not have been willing..... Give me a break.

Don't be so quick to judge or play the rape card.
    If the age of consent is 12, then at 10 you could not have consensual sex, therefore it would always be rape to have sex with a 10 year old in that country.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Since when could females give birth before they started their feminine puberty?
    ???? You know some girls start their periods at age 8 right? lol

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Dunno about other females, but my period started when I was 10.
    I think I was 10 or 11, I don't even remember...I think I was in 4th grade. I know my mother started hers when she was 8.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my... JESUS CHRIST!

That is just INSANE! Actually, saying it is INSANE, is an understatement! Let's just hope the girl gets better, and the baby doesn't survive. Sad, sure, but I'm sorry, I don't mean to be evil. Let's face it, this TEN YEARS OLD GIRL is better of without a baby, yet.

EDIT: Or, you know, adoption and stuff.

how in the what in the why who where what what?!?!? WHAT? O_O.... ouch, hurkk.... nngh... that's just sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Such a sad state of events. 10 years old....you should be worrying about what color crayon to use not mother hood....

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:53 AM ----------

If the age of consent is 12, then at 10 you could not have consensual sex, therefore it would always be rape to have sex with a 10 year old in that country.
    And if it was a 10 year old boy they would be raping each other?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me...

That's both fascinating and disgusting. 5 and half year old mother. Jesus H. Christ.

Thats pretty gross and Romire do you just post news stories to mmo champ all day?
    Hi Sephurik

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post

That's called "Statutory Rape" - so called because it's not rape, in the classic sense. Either way...12 is far too young for consent and a 10 year old having sex is plain disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    You know, it could've been completely consensual sex between two minors (just not in the eyes of the law).
    still odd it'd occur at such a young age. I flat out don't believe the 5 year old mentioned earlier could've been anything other than raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.