Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Wrong.

Paragon saw competing guilds get World First by using exploits. They also saw guilds hoard heroic FL loot by exploiting the faction change bug. And several other exploits which also did not result in bans.

There was more like a 1% chance for guilds to get suspended for using the LFR-exploit, because there's a long history of guilds getting away with and benefitting from similar exploits in the past.
    Sooo because someone else breaks the rules it's ok for them to do so as well?
    Bad logic is bad.

All I see in this thread are people trying to justify cheating.

They cheated.
    They got caught.
    They got punished.

/dealwithit.gif
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    You aren't fooling anyone sir.
    I am indeed not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Release buggy patch

Players take advantage

Blame/ban players

I didn't take part in the bug (haven't even tried LFR yet) but it still chaps my ass.
    The players knew exactly what they were doing and what they were taking advantage of. They deserve every minute of these bans. Even if they didnt recieve any loot, those that were there knew what was going on and would have gladly taken the loot.

Were there innocent people involved that were banned? probably, it happens. Collateral damage i guess.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2011-12-06 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    The player knew exactly what they were doing and what they were taking advantage of. They deserve every minute of these bans.
    Yeah who cares about releasing bugs when you can just blame the players and ban them. Why even bother with a ptr?

Were there innocent people involved that were banned? probably, it happens. Collateral damage i guess.
    Yeah, shit does happen when incorrect bans are handed out. Like 800k subs lost.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2011-12-06 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    For me it is totally lame from blizzard. They made a bug which is their fault by the way, and then some people see this and use this.

So for me this is a blizzard fault in the first place for not fixing it before.

So if those people manage to find this bug and use it before it is fixed, I say good for them. Good work finding one.
    So I really do not get it why they got banned ?
    If you find 100$ on the street you take it. You cannot be arrested for picking 100$ that was lying on the ground because a man who lost it was lame enough to lost.

I say if blizz didn't check it good enough to find the bug it is their own fault not the people who exploiting it ( You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes ).
    So blizz should apologize for it. And not "jail" the people who found it.

That is my opinion anyway.
    Cheers,
    Where was your cry out of blizzard being at fault when Ensidia had there LK kill taken away because of a bug exploit, Oh now that it happens to the top then its all blizzards fault now right. The nerve of some ppl, its only justified when it happens to everyone else but you.

:-)

i am happy they got banned it's people like this that are killing WoW...find a bug exploit it i don't see how people think this should be ok

Yeah who cares about releasing bugs when you can just blame the players and ban them. Why even bother with a ptr?
    Thing about the PTR: Players need to report bugs for them to be fixed. That's it's entire purpose.

90% chance that they (not saying Paragon, but the exploiters as a whole) found this bug on the PTR and did not report it in hopes that it would carry over to live, and it did. So they exploit it on live and get caught.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Whether it was reported on the ptr or not, I don't see how that excuses the fact that they still abused it lol. Oh, well, Blizzard left it in, so it must be ok. Smfh.

Quote Originally Posted by atomragnar View Post
    It is amazing how clueless people are. Sure you shouldnt exploit.

But if we take a look at the past there has been so many exploits being allowed by blizzard in the past so why would they all of a sudden care?
    You as a hardcore guild seeing other people abusing this are getting force to either use it or fall severly behind (casuals dont even try commenting about being legit, looking at blizzards history there is a clear pattern that exploits is allowed in order to progress).

Noone is mad because they got banned because of exploiting what is sickening is blizzard's inconsistency in their judgements. Blizzard really needs to step up their game because their acting does not reflect the fact that they have managed the worlds biggest mmo for several years. Amateur behaviour like this is what is gonna kill wow, not swtor, war or rift.
    How many days did you get banned for?

Lol I could see this MAYBE being an argument if it were a boss mechanic or group make up you were taking advantage of. But this? No way! Lol how are you gonna think that gearing YOUR ENTIRE RAID in full t13 is somewhere in the grey area. How are you gonna even think about the concept of getting full 4pc bonuses in the first couple days of release and NOT think that Blizz is not going to like that. Regardless of what they let slip in the past

If you honestly believed that this would be one of things that blizz would let slide, come on inside I have some magic beans to sell you. This is honestly an excuse, the only really plausible one left for the people who desperatley need to pin this on someone other than themself.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxe311 View Post
    Whether it was reported on the ptr or not, I don't see how that excuses the fact that they still abused it lol. Oh, well, Blizzard left it in, so it must be ok. Smfh.
    Clearly It was intended in there minds!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The reason it was never fixed in the PTR was because no one reported it. They thought that if no one knew that they could get away with it.
    ^^^^
    Exactly why they should all be perma banned from PTR.

Release buggy patch

Players take advantage

Blame/ban players

I didn't take part in the bug (haven't even tried LFR yet) but it still chaps my ass.
    Everyone blaming blizzard for releasing a buggy patch should look at themselves. As a QA tester/developer, there is absolutely no way that you can find ALL the problems with a pieces of software before it's released. There is a reason that it goes to PTR, because people like YOU are the ones that help find the problems with the content. So unless all of you people crabbing about blizzard releasing buggy software was on the PTR, found this exploit and then told Blizzard about it, maybe you should just relax a bit. I can guarantee you going forward that Blizzard will have a test case that tests for this exact issue. You don't know till you find it.

Secondly, people cheated...people got caught......people should get punished. Don't tell me they didn't know what they were doing. If they were really that naive to think that Blizz WOULDN'T catch the people doing it and act accordingly they are idiots.

PTR is there for finding bug's and exploits not for you to use them on the live realm

Yeah, shit does happen when incorrect bans are handed out. Like 800k subs lost.
    If the 800k lost subscriptions are the people who think exploiting bugs for personal gain is okay, then i say good riddance. the game will be healthier with them gone.

Bans should have been more severe, including either permanent account closure, or removal of all gear, items and gold from all characters.

Cheating is cheating, even if everyone else is doing it. The right thing to do, was to report it, not collect the extra gear, and let Blizzard handle bans for those who exploited it. Anyone defending this type of activity is wrong, and nothing anyone says will change their mind.

Winning isn't everything, a graceful loser has a longer lasting impact on his/her chosen activity than a gloating winner who is caught cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    "exploiters are killing wow" - all you guys do you realize that raid exploits have been happening since vanilla to enable some groups to get a leg up on the competition? Do you not remember the AQ40 wall clip exploit that allowed raids to skip through to TwEmps and C'Thun?

It's not like this is some new phenomenon that has occurred because of an "e-sport mentality" - not that the mentality isn't there, but this isn't some culmination of that.

Evidently people like you think these raiders have been killing WoW since it's inception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    so you would rather have a tainted world first then a clean world 2nd? cause thats basically what you are saying. Do the world a favor and don't breed and pass your morals down to the next generation.
    If I cared as much as they did, I'd take the World First.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

So if you find something wrong then report it just like they do when they see a bugged encounter, all bugs and loop holes can't be caught that is why they expect players to follow an honor code and report wrong doings or messed up parts of the game. Stop blaming blizzard for the actions of these individuals they knew it was wrong and even admitted to it being wrong, if they can't do that then they knowingly took the risk and accept the consequences of their actions, you should to.

You shouldn't exploit, but there will be bugs and if you take advantage of them and end up getting caught, you should grow a backbone and take your punishment.

Just because you're in X Guild at Y Rank doesn't entitle you to a lesser or more harsh punishment. You do, however, have more at risk and I sincerely hope that the punishment extends to any sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    Reading comprehension. If I was combing the first statement with statement two, then I would have used a semi-colon, but instead, I made it into two separate sentences. The people cancelling subscriptions are the people getting 8 days; this will therefore kill the game because there are going to be tons of people from the top 100 guilds quitting the game. After this, it will not be fun when it comes down to the world first race.
    Seriously you think that 10 million or 5 million or whatever number of people play WoW to watch the "top" guilds get world firsts?? Sorry Brah. We play because we enjoy the game. I could care less about what guild gets whatever boss down whenever. I have been playing for the better part of 6 years and all the previous world firsts had no bearing whatsoever on my desire to login. You might be a bit better and pushing the correct buttons in the correct order than 99% of the player base but the 99% doesn't really care. You are the 1%. Enjoy your time off. See you next week!