Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So let's see... I think this is needed: "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"
    Now that that's out of the way, that's a stupid argument. People already see all content through LFR and Normal modes, Heroic modes are for elites. Isn't in the end that the reason they created these modes?

Well as I see it now it's not. Blizzard created these modes because they don't need to pump out that much content, they can have 8 bosses with 3 difficulties and nerf them over time, thus letting the people who are bad to raid normal after LFR, the normals and medium casuals in skill raid heroic and the elite and hardcore casuals... well they're done but they're about 5% so not so important. So this gives people a fake idea of progress, it makes them think that if they progress from LFR to normal and from normal to heroic they progress... but in truth, they do not because they get better, but rather because Blizzard nerfs content. So the skill of many of these people doesn't grow, but they push on beliving it does! This makes them remain subscribed under the impression they're as good as the elite raiders (something I saw in a recent poll as well where almost 2/3 of people who voted said they're as good as hardcore raiders, let me tell you this, most of you are not, and no, I'm not a heroic raider myself and don't want to and even if I did, the truth is I'm not skilled enough here, many of you are not either but you're made belive you are by nerfs).

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So... the like 10% of the playerbase that's hardcore lost?

WOW! A company that caters to the majority of people! It's like, a democracy or something here!
    Democracy is something that caters to all the people someway. When it only caters to a majority over the minority which is deprived of everything, it's called tyranny of majority.

Mathian is spot on in this arguement imo

Deleted
    Why have LFR if they are going to nerf everything?

Giving heroics a nerf doesn't help people see anything new, it just means free loot to keep you paying, the casual gamer is the ones who is being done over hear not the 1% of raiders who like to have a challenge. It's more likely the 1% will leave as they have been ever since this shit patch hit the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    I think you're missing the point somewhat, even if the OP isn't very clear. People were happy to play for hours on end, even if they weren't top tier people because the thought of reaching the top is always there. The way they've channelled everything into making it incredibly easy to reach the goal of raiding kind of defeats the idea of a subscription model, you can get away with seeing maybe 10% of wow's content before killing DW, in vanilla you would have seen closer to 80% before killing rag.

An average wow player could start a character and kill DW within a month now even with a fulltime job, which is fine and dandy but they're going to hemmorage subs once they realise the people who pay regular subs are the people who play for the journey rather than the end goal, and there is fuck all journey left to be had any more.
    Agreed. I quit because who wants to be spoonfed victory? I'm casual, have always been casual since vanilla when naxxramas was such a problem for even BWL clearing guilds... let alone aq40.

If you don't like it just quit.
    ^ dumbest argument ever imo.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaZERGer View Post
    Any arguement that's in favor of their views is considered good in some people's eyes. Back when i read FFXI forums, the "it's not your 13$ per month, it's our 65$ per month" arguement was constantly being used as justification for telling people they don't have the freedom to play as they chose.

I guess some people feel their arguement becomes stronger if they start talking about their money "investment" in the matter.
    I think it's less about winning the argument, more about making themself feel better. If they could get the same stuff for $13 that they pay $65 for, then they feel dumb. So they try to find a reason their $52 makes them better.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Yea for having a mmo that no longer is a second job.
    Its only a job if you let it be one, no one dictates how long you play the game, therefore if the amount of time you spend on it is equal to that of a second job then you have only yourself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Democracy is something that caters to all the people someway. When it only caters to a majority over the minority which is deprived of everything, it's called tyranny of majority.
    Not sure if understands what Democracy means...

... or how a minority is being deprived of everything (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    If you don't like it just quit.
    ^ dumbest argument ever imo.
    Umm, what?

Yeah, keep paying for a hobby you don't enjoy, but be sure to bitch about it at every turn, that makes a whole lot of sense. I'll have some of what you're smoking.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-01-19 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fodder View Post
    Why have LFR if they are going to nerf everything?
    Jump from LFR to regular raids without a good, orginized guild. I dare ya. They're two completley different animals. I'm in a guild that raids for 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week. We lost 2-3 weeks with the holidays. We STARTED hard modes this week, even though we've been clear on 25m since before Christmas. The buff doesn't bother me, it means I have a chance. I like having a chance. It makes me feel all warm-n-fuzzy inside.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    In bold for you. This argument has done more to destroy the culture of mmorpgs than any lack luster content patch ever has (IMO). Incredible, there is no faster way to kill a game than to give everything away. It's hard to believe the "I pay 15$ a month! I want to "see" everthing!" argument has officially won.
    Give it a rest. We all know you don't like Blizzard, Wow and who knows what else. Posts like these serve no purpose except to stir up trouble.
    I'm a crazy taco.

well... it kinda stupid yes, and consider that people pay for that game... in the time between 4.2 and 4.3, they got at least 750.000.000 dollars in subscription fee, that's ofcus ignoring every cost to employee and servers (servers are lol cheap btw)... was 4.3 worth 750 million ? hardly... but i guess creating shit content for 750 million that everyone can experience, cause they pay the same amount (although they put in no effort), is better than creating quality content.

think about it... between 4.2 and 4.3, they got 750 million in subscription fee... and DS is what we get... lol :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mathian View Post

What people fail to see in 7/8 of the posts complaining about Blizzard's decisions is that they are one thing first and foremost: A BUSINESS. They make decisions based on what they feel is right for their game, to further their business. If they alienate 90% of their playerbase, they lose money. If they give 10% of said playerbase a carrot on a stick in the form of a stacking buff, they continue to try hardmodes, and they continue to subscribe. If people want to sit on their high-horses and say "I can do hardmodes and you cant, na-na-na-na-poo-poo" they should go try and find it somewhere else. Till then, I'll be happy to get more than 3/8 HM in the only 25m guild left on my server.

The first couple bolds may have somthing to do with the last bold, idk maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Its only a job if you let it be one, no one dictates how long you play the game, therefore if the amount of time you spend on it is equal to that of a second job then you have only yourself to blame.
    Fully agreed with this. You don't have to see last boss, or kill last boss of every tier in heroic when it matters. It's not a life and death thing that you need to work every day. If you do and you're not happy, it's not the fault of the game it's hard on heroic, it's your fault for putting so much effort in something you don't even like. Don't ask for nerfs just because you think it's hard and it takes you too long... just admit you're not skilled enough and try next tier, it's no shame in doing that. Asking for nerfs however so that you could raid the hard mode when it's easier just because you want to do everything is a jerky move in my view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We all know
    That text.
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-01-19 at 05:19 PM.

If people wish to try HM, and more can do so over time, I don't see your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    I think you're missing the point somewhat, even if the OP isn't very clear. People were happy to play for hours on end, even if they weren't top tier people because the thought of reaching the top is always there. The way they've channelled everything into making it incredibly easy to reach the goal of raiding kind of defeats the idea of a subscription model, you can get away with seeing maybe 10% of wow's content before killing DW, in vanilla you would have seen closer to 80% before killing rag.

An average wow player could start a character and kill DW within a month now even with a fulltime job, which is fine and dandy but they're going to hemmorage subs once they realise the people who pay regular subs are the people who play for the journey rather than the end goal, and there is fuck all journey left to be had any more.
    When more than 50% of the guilds in the world have completed the journey, this may be the beginnings of a valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Give it a rest. We all know you don't like Blizzard, Wow and who knows what else. Posts like these serve no purpose except to stir up trouble.
    Whining about Blizzard on fan-forums for several months can be considered the methadone to the heroin of World of Warcraft.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's ridiculous that Blizzard wants people paying for their game to have the ability to play it, regardless of their schedules. Especially if those people happen to be the majority. What were you thinking, Blizz?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    think about it... between 4.2 and 4.3, they got 750 million in subscription fee... and DS is what we get... lol :3
    Here is another one, assuming that outside of development there is NOTHING that costs anything.

EDIT: I did not read that post fully, my fault :s
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-01-19 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    In bold for you. This argument has done more to destroy the culture of mmorpgs than any lack luster content patch ever has (IMO). Incredible, there is no faster way to kill a game than to give everything away. It's hard to believe the "I pay 15$ a month! I want to "see" everthing!" argument has officially won.

Money talks.

Nothing else to see, move along peeps.