Poll: "Fat Tax", Are You For or Against?

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullslasher View Post
    SNIP
    Meh whatever it takes to get rid of fatties.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullslasher View Post
    Tell people what to eat and what not to eat if they don't eat like you.
    Make everyone dress like you.
    Make everyone live like you.
    Punish those who don't.
    Pretend your society is free.

Liberty or death.
    This isn't a ban of unhealthy foods....99% of people will not stop going to McDonalds or stop buying cokes. They just may make one less trip a week becuase of the thought of the higher prices. That in itself would help....Lower prices on health food higher prices on feel good foods. Why is that bad? The reality is that if you do eat cheap refined, greasy, high salt foods for 15 years, there are very good odds you will have, 1) Diabetes 2) High blood pressure 3) have a heart attack

Charging more tax for fat peoples? What in the hell is WRONG with U.S?

Might as well Australia or rest of the world charged ten times more tax for Black people, for being black. <--just replace Black with Fat or vice versa, makes no difference to me at all. Some people cannot help themselves that they are fat, and US wants to TAKE advantages from their misfortunes.

You want Equal Human rights? Then say NO to this worse than RETARDED idea. Who makes these ideas really? Some brainless fucks? Or haters against fat people. Government should NOT charge you for being black, Asian, indian or fat. IF they want money so bad, why not just cut the funding for the US Army? THere will be no war for no reasons, and no casualties. Or something else, but this is just too much. Creates a bad name for US, among other countries. I bet US is already in a bad reputation among the rest of the world as it is. The Bloodthirsty War heretics. All I hear is how US wants oil, more oil, start WAR for oil.

But this is not my place to decide what US should do or what they are. If they pass this, It will create even worse reputation among the other countries. I doubt other countries are THAT desperate for money. Look at Australia, it's dollar getting stronger and stronger (thats what I have been hearing).

Charging fat people for being fat? Is the most retarded idea I ever heard. First SOPA now this?

My vote is: not even against. I take this as a non existant most idiotic Idea I ever heard. (You can take this as an "Against"). I refuse to vote for this.

Edit: If this is an act to make fat people go healthy, It will not work at all. Fat people HAS to decide they want to get healthy or not, but those who needs help, clearly they need help so They take personal training or from a expert. Fat Tax is just a POOR attempt to make them go thin. Poor attempt is Poor.
    Last edited by Szazi; 2012-02-06 at 08:48 PM.

I like the idea to be honest BUT it has the disadvantage of not working. We have it in Denmark, So lets say before a packet of butter cost like (17Dkk) 2.2Euro now its (18Dkk) 2.4Euro. Personally i wont shy from fat food just because of a miniature increase in the price that is barely noticeable.

How in the world do they imagine at all that is gonna stop people from eating unhealthy? I'm against it for one reason alone, it's just another hidden tax taking the taxpayers money away, It doesn't work and never will.

Only way it has a good effect might be the extra income for the state to support the people who is a constant drain on the hospitals.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    fat is 90% of the time the result of sloth and gluttony, ways of acting that have been a problem since man could name his vices, no tax will change that, only drive and self discipline will change that, and those things can neither be taxed into occurrence nor legislated into compliance, however it should be noted that obamacare has a provision for nutritional requirements that employers must force their employees to follow in order not to be penalized, so unless thats repealed, this is a subject thats already been decided for you by Barack Marx Obama

Its easy. Make the healthier food cheaper. Bam! Just solved it. The poor cant go out and buy only healthy food, because of their income they are stuck with the cheap fatty foods. Once healthier food is cheaper than fatty food, people will become healthier.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I am opposed to almost any government intrusion into individual liberty, and oppose a "fat tax" You're argument is idiotic, people do not choose to be black, they do however choose to be fat, either by conscious choice or through inaction, there is no similarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Szazi View Post
    Charging more tax for fat peoples? What in the hell is WRONG with U.S?

Might as well Australia or rest of the world charged ten times more tax for Black people, for being black. <--just replace Black with Fat or vice versa, makes no difference to me at all. Some people cannot help themselves that they are fat, and US wants to TAKE advantages from their misfortunes.

You want Equal Human rights? Then say NO to this worse than RETARDED idea. Who makes these ideas really? Some brainless fucks? Or haters against fat people. Government should NOT charge you for being black, Asian, indian or fat. IF they want money so bad, why not just cut the funding for the US Army? THere will be no war for no reasons, and no casualties. Or something else, but this is just too much. Creates a bad name for US, among other countries. I bet US is already in a bad reputation among the rest of the world as it is. The Bloodthirsty War heretics. All I hear is how US wants oil, more oil, start WAR for oil.

But this is not my place to decide what US should do or what they are. If they pass this, It will create even worse reputation among the other countries. I doubt other countries are THAT desperate for money. Look at Australia, it's dollar getting stronger and stronger (thats what I have been hearing).

Charging fat people for being fat? Is the most retarded idea I ever heard. First SOPA now this?

My vote is: not even against. I take this as a non existant most idiotic Idea I ever heard. (You can take this as an "Against"). I refuse to vote for this.

Edit: If this is an act to make fat people go healthy, It will not work at all. Fat people HAS to decide they want to get healthy or not, but those who needs help, clearly they need help so They take personal training or from a expert. Fat Tax is just a POOR attempt to make them go thin. Poor attempt is Poor.
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

I think someone (a mod maybe) needs to go edit the OP to make it absolutely clear that 1) this is in Denmark and 2) it's not a tax on fat PEOPLE, rather it's a tax on fatty FOODS.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Meh whatever it takes to get rid of fatties.
    ... but it wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    ... but it wont.
    FINE THEN! I Propose forced surgeries to make them not being able to eat as much, the one that makes them have smaller stomachs, hey why not, soon woman will be forced to have children so why not get rid of the fatties while we are at it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MLX View Post
    SNIP
    We could be like the spartans and murder the weak at birth, that would work.

looking through my pantry...
    a can of soda contains 0g fat.

a bag of pistachios has 32g fat.

which one is healthier?

which one is healthier?
    Neither, if you eat/drink too much of either.

Hold individuals accountable for their own actions and let them make their own decisions.

It's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Neither, if you eat/drink too much of either.

hmm well a snack size bag of doritos only has 8g fat, must be healthier for me than the pistachios.

which one is healthier?
    the carbs and sugar in the soda will eventually be worse for you than the fat from the pistachios
    if it's 0/diet coke or pepsi ect, the aspartme will be leagues worse for you than the pistachios

10+ Year Old Account

which one is healthier?
    The pistachios, look at the sugar content in the soda, when i took my nutritions class the teacher said a good way to look at sugars is for every gram = 1 packet of sugar, so yeah.. and that's true btw. 1g = 1 packet.

Here's a good way to look at it, when people have iced tea they usually put 1-3 packets of sugar in, SPRITE has 74grams of sugar, thats 74 packets of sugar per serving.

Think of it as escrowing money for your diabetes treatments later on in life.

Face it. People are making poor nutritional choices in greater quantities today. It's a bigger problem than all of those smokers from last century.

We know that unhealthy food screws you and others (mutual funds especially) over on insurance rates now. Why wait until later? It's also doubtful that the price will rise on bad foods that much considering the monstrous corn and soybean subsidies in effect that keep the prices of bad calories down. They'll just find a way to [screw over their employees] keep prices where they are.
    Last edited by Malcho; 2012-02-06 at 09:05 PM.

I'm a healthy student athlete and would love to see people stop eating that crap.

However I do believe that the decision to become a healthy human being is that persons responsibility alone as it helps the person mature in more than just eating healthy. The government shouldn't have a say in that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might support a Negligent Parental Influence tax on our idiotic upbringing where the fast food dinner is too often the meal in the home.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth.

hmm well a snack size bag of doritos only has 8g fat, must be healthier for me than the pistachios.
    That's 1 serving of doritos. I think even the snack bags have more than 1 serving.

A tablespoon of butter has like 12g of fat. I guess that's healthier than pistachios too...

Point being, not all fats are the same. Coconut oil is mostly saturated fat, whereas Safflower oil has about the same amount of total fat per serving but has almost no saturated fat. Doesn't mean it's healthy to eat endless amounts of safflower oil, of course.

Your point is valid, though. Maybe there should be a sugar tax too.