Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do not deny that global warming exists at all. I do argue the fact humans have much to do with it.

They say that the majority of the greenhouse gasses are produced through energy use and the burning of fossil fuels. there are about 600 coal plants in the US alone yet in the 1700s 1800s and early 1900s every house burned coal or wood for light and heat i would love to see estimates for the CO2 that produced.

To finish i love to hear we are killing the earth when i hear any of the slightly out there environmentalists talk; the earth was here before us and will do just fine if we all die off tomorrow if it can take at least three major wipe-outs of life it can handle us.

this is all opinion only the number of coal plants was researched and it is an assumption that most houses did burn wood or coal for heat and light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Okay for the last time, you are litterally a moron if after 15 times you do not understand that I DO NOT HAVE A CASE IN THIS!
    So that's why you came in here blurting out (without base) that scientists were doctoring their facts?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The CO2 readings from back then are actually very accurate.
    Of course they are, they are CO2 readings. If I pulled a rock out of a volcano that was 10 million years old, and found it to be 9.08% iron, it would be a very, very accurate iron reading.

But the point is that we don't know what those readings mean, nor what they indicate in regards to current CO2 readings (or CO2 readings from other times). The issue isn't even accurate data of one sort or another, but how it all relates to climate change now, and how that all affects climate change from the past. Which we have no accurate way of reading.

However, that all being said, we should get our act together and go green tech now. There is significant data over the past 50-100 years to indicate that our CO2 production is doing something bad, and that the temperature is rising, on a global scale. Some data out there say that we are in fact forestalling another ice age, one that is 1,000 (iirc) years past-due.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    No, you have decided that for yourself. The methodologies used in the field are not even capable of producing the kind of certainty that you have of this issue.
    You clearly haven't kept current. There is a 97% percent consensus among climatologists, which is an overwhelming quantity in any field of research.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Yet another example of why this debate has nothing to do with science. Scientific facts are not decided by voting, there have been plenty of examples where the community "consensus" has been wrong. But that's fine, those misconceptions can be set straight by future research, that's how science works. You on the other hand have religious conviction that your views are absolutely correct -- even though I dare claim you are not a scientist in this field, nor are a trained researcher in any field.
    I'm sure you would like very much to link this debate to "religious conviction". What you fail to take into consideration is that everyone who argues for ACC would love nothing more than to find out that they were wrong. However, as the "evidence" presented by the opposition is beyond flimsy, we are simply not willing to stick our heads in the sand and pretend the 300-pound gorilla in the room isn't there.

That has NOTHING to do with religious conviction, and EVERYTHING to do with facing facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kingchddg90 View Post
    I do not deny that global warming exists at all. I do argue the fact humans have much to do with it.
    I'm assuming you've read a lot of peer-reviewed data to arrive at this conclusion?

They say that the majority of the greenhouse gasses are produced through energy use and the burning of fossil fuels.
    No, that's not what anyone says.

there are about 600 coal plants in the US alone yet in the 1700s 1800s and early 1900s every house burned coal or wood for light and heat i would love to see estimates for the CO2 that produced.
    Wait, so you have haven't even looked up such a simple, well known situation as CO2 production over time, yet you have opinions on the topic? This isn't going well...

To finish i love to hear we are killing the earth when i hear any of the slightly out there environmentalists talk; the earth was here before us and will do just fine if we all die off tomorrow if it can take at least three major wipe-outs of life it can handle us.
    This is an incredibly weak talking point - no one's under the impression that the Earth will cease to exist as a result of human action. The concern is attempting to optimize living conditions for humans.

this is all opinion only the number of coal plants was researched and it is an assumption that most houses did burn wood or coal for heat and light.
    Dead ass wrong. If you think science is nothing more than opinion, you have no idea how science works.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Of course they are, they are CO2 readings. If I pulled a rock out of a volcano that was 10 million years old, and found it to be 9.08% iron, it would be a very, very accurate iron reading.

But the point is that we don't know what those readings mean, nor what they indicate in regards to current CO2 readings (or CO2 readings from other times). The issue isn't even accurate data of one sort or another, but how it all relates to climate change now, and how that all affects climate change from the past. Which we have no accurate way of reading.

However, that all being said, we should get our act together and go green tech now. There is significant data over the past 50-100 years to indicate that our CO2 production is doing something bad, and that the temperature is rising, on a global scale. Some data out there say that we are in fact forestalling another ice age, one that is 1,000 (iirc) years past-due.
    Decommission coal plants, and go on a nuclear plant building spree until the EU prototype fusion plant is done imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares if Global Warming is Real or not; humans need to learn how to respect the nature and the earth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    FACT : In the last 150 years Humans have created more cO2 pollution then the previous 100,000 years our species existed .
    FACT : In the last 150 years the earth has heated up more then the previous 25,000 years .
    FACT : There has been more Glacier loss in the last 150 years then the previous 75,000 years .

So ,please if your going to deny climate change is caused by humans at least admit you have no grasp on reality .
    Cut the crap...
    CO2 is not a pollutant, merely a greenhouse gas, its essential for life to exist on earth.
    Secondly, have a look at the temperature variations about 11k years ago, within a matter of a few decades the temperature in the north Atlantic went up by several degrees.
    Last but not least, have a look at amount of ice melting at the end of the last glaciation, ~ 3 km thick ice covering a large part of the northern hemisphere... as far as i'm concerned this ice decided to melt off about 11k years ago - within your 75.000 year timespan.

Calling troll and reported your post....

So that's why you came in here blurting out (without base) that scientists were doctoring their facts?
    Does that excuse you from the fact that I have to tell you 15 times that I have no opinion.

Also, I noted the base I was building it on. Did you again not read that? Reading is not your strong point I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Cut the crap...
    CO2 is not a pollutant, merely a greenhouse gas, its essential for life to exist on earth.
    Secondly, have a look at the temperature variations about 11k years ago, within a matter of a few decades the temperature in the north Atlantic went up by several degrees.
    Last but not least, have a look at amount of ice melting at the end of the last glaciation, ~ 3 km thick ice covering a large part of the northern hemisphere... as far as i'm concerned this ice decided to melt off about 11k years ago - within your 75.000 year timespan.

Calling troll and reported your post....
    CO2 is making our oceans more and more acidic. It's a pollutant.

Decommission coal plants, and go on a nuclear plant building spree until the EU prototype fusion plant is done imo.
    Seconded, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    who cares if Global Warming is Real or not; humans need to learn how to respect the nature and the earth!
    People attempting to optimize living conditions on the Earth should care. One doesn't have to have a shred of respect for any gaia-type ideal to think we should be looking at improving our own living conditions, even if for purely selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Does that excuse you from the fact that I have to tell you 15 times that I have no opinion.

Also, I noted the base I was building it on. Did you again not read that? Reading is not your strong point I noticed.
    You can say all you want. But your previous posts prove otherwise.

Deleted
    There's too much flaming going on in this thread for this to continue.
    [Locked]