Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Read the artical could care less about someone elses love life. Not worty news imho. If you like these sordid affairs more power to ya just not my thing. I also refuse to vote on grey area's I would like more info per situation then a simple yes or no right or wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    two people in love? fine with me.

honestly, by 18 years, people should long be aware of the possible consequences and their own responsibility. if that's what they both want, i don't see why it would be 'wrong'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    It's amazing how much high school is like watching animal planet
    Well we are just sophisticated, intelligent, animals so making that analogy is actually not as bad as it sounds.

OT: It feels a bit awkward but it's perfectly legal and it is not impossible that they in fact love each other, but a relationship between a student and a teacher is not okay (at least not in high school). But he did quit his job so I can't really see any fault in this situation.

If it turns out to be a mistake then it's their mistake to make and learn from, if it works out then good for them.

Age is just a number.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    It's perfectly fine if the teacher is female.
    Hahahaha

OT: I think teacher-student is ok... what is not ok is the destroyed family this affair caused.

i clicked its always ok. i would have prefered a differnt option depending on mental age but meh w/e i refuse to belive in the fairy tail of 18. you cant tell me that some body thats 17 an a half is unable to make descions for themselves yet at on the day of their 18th birthday a flood gate opens and the knowledge of life comes washing into their brains like the river at niagra falls. now 15 to 18 ya ill give ya that one big differnce in maturaty hell even 16 to 18 theres still quite a gap to fill but after that it starts getting to the point that either they have grown up or not. i myself cant belive all the hatred and villiany thats being thrown at this guy. Where are all these deffenders of womens fragility in regaurds to how arabic women are FORCED aka do it or die for the family honor @ 14 an 15 to marry and consumate marriges to men that are usually 35yrs and older. where is the public outcry for them.

Women like older men, this is nothing new.

Headline should read "Man leaves frigid wife who refuses sex for younger woman who's horny!".

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    I just can't get over the fact hes sleeping with someone that's like 1 year older then his kid *shudders*

oh well chances are she'll jump ship at the sign of the next big fish
    Yeah, I'd never get involved with someone if there was that much of an age gap. It's pretty disgusting to me as well. With that said, it's also perfectly alright if they're both obeying the law. As they say, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Women like older men, this is nothing new.

Headline should read "Man leaves frigid wife who refuses sex for younger woman who's horny!".
    Well when you put it like that it makes complete sense!

Deleted
    It's ok if the teacher is FEMALE
    19.74%
    It's ok if the teacher is MALE
    0.43%
    Holy double standards batman.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    Holy double standards batman.
    Yeah I think people are just voting for giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, she even looks like a little kid. Legal? Yes. Creepy? Oh my god yes.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's always wrong to sleep with people when there's this massive of an inherent power differential. Legal consent is possible, but morally valid consent really isn't. A good rule of thumb for people would be that if you're not sure if it's alright to sleep with someone, don't.

Poll should have had a "it depends" option. While I understand people have the right to do whatever they want as long as it's legal, I also have the right to think it's downright despicable if you leave your wife and kids to do it. Plus, the age difference here is outrageous in my opinion.

I think the girl should have thought about this some more. If he's leaving his wife and kids to be with you, how do you know he won't leave you and your kid to be with someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe its wrong for any teacher/student to have a fair (regardless of sex/physical attraction)
    However, she is legal now, meaning the law can't do much, i do pity his wife/children however..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Polygraph. Did you commit statutory rape? Bullet.

IMHO too old, but she will probably understand that later. Anyway, its legal, and it should stay legal.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I most likely wouldn't do it, college students and professors dating or something like that? Legal, even if a bad idea for a variety of reasons, and they've on;y ever known each other as adults, so it's not even that skeevy on that specific level.

However, your sixth grade teacher calling you up the day you turn 18 and saying they've always seen you as special? Skeevy. as. all. get. out.

This appears to be in between the two... they've known each other when she was fairly mature but still not legal (I don't buy the "oh I only suddenly noticed her once she graduated"). I think he should be not teaching anymore (check) and probably regarded as one to watch (double check) and a douchebag to his wife (triple check) but that it didn't necessarily cross *danger danger* level of legal lines. Doesn't mean I can't still think it's creepy though.

And I also think that a lot more could come out to the story... IF they can get fair, legal precedent (like if Mom can prove the texts), looking into his phone records could be awful interesting.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2012-03-03 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in the 'never OK' camp. Teachers are by their very nature in a position of power and authority. Even if the kid is 18 and technically an adult, as long as they're still a student, any teacher has some degree of potential power over their academic future. The fact that the _possibility_ exists to abuse that power makes these 'reationships' extremely unethical. And no, gender doesn't enter into it - the teacher, as a grown and educated adult, has a responsibility to control himself or herself and do the right thing.

Now, once the kid's graduated or moved on to a different school where they're no longer associating with that teacher in any educational setting? Have at it.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Poll should have had a "it depends" option. While I understand people have the right to do whatever they want as long as it's legal, I also have the right to think it's downright despicable if you leave your wife and kids to do it.
    The legality here is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. When I put my daughter in a high school I expect the teachers there not to be hitting on her, and if she's hitting on them I expect them to behave professionally and stop it before anything happens.

Deleted
    James ''hooker''? LOL