Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now I dont know how accurate this info is, but look at the huge gap in population. Imagine being on one of the lower 1/2 servers that have less ppl on the entire server then the top 10 have in on factions side of multiple zones.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...opulation2.png

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well I saw these posted in another thread so I figured I might as well post them here as well.

US PVE and RP-PVE Servers Population
    US PVP and RP-PVP Servers Population

While I personally think that this game's subscription numbers are probably "settling," at the least...
    However, the numbers above seem even lower than I expected.
    Beat me too it, take a look at the bottom half for both lists. For all the ppl saying there aren't issues try and do somethign on those ghost town servers and see how much fun the game is for you. Sure rerolling elsewhere is an option but for many its a shitty one.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Tyrven while I don't agree with the sampling the chart does show glaring issues in population sizes. At this point we're all agreeing that server migrations or transfers need to be implemented to correct population issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah Tyrven while I don't agree with the sampling the chart does show glaring issues in population sizes. At this point we're all agreeing that server migrations or transfers need to be implemented to correct population issues.
    It is something I have seen ppl coplain about in WoW for years and never saw first hand so I just didnt understand how bad it can be. I can tell you for sure starting on one of the bottom 5 US west SWTOR realms then switching to Harbinger was eye opening. It really is too bad because I have known a few ppl that quit or at least said they were because of how hard it is to do stuff when it is that they really just made a bad choice when they picked their server.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was in the same boat Tyrven. It's why I make a point to suggest either people play the PTS until 1.2 goes live or reroll onto a high pop server. Personally I think we'll see the servers get a nice boost in active population with 1.2's release but I don't expect it to be enough to keep players there. Which brings us back to proactively taking steps to insure we enjoy our game, for me it meant rerolling...Well rerolling once 1.2 goes live, for now I play on the PTS then it'll be Mass Effect 3 just prior to 1.2 going live so I get a nice break from the game prior to rerolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni500 View Post
    I'm calling BS on that 450 number. I'm on The Fatman, one of the highest pop servers, and at most I've seen in fleet at peak times (it's also usually full with a 5-10 min queue time to put it into perspective) was 315. Never over that. I find it hard to believe having 450 on a standard pop server.
    The OP admits a few posts later that he might have been mistaken.
    He was new to the game and didn't know the full context behind the issue.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I was in the same boat Tyrven. It's why I make a point to suggest either people play the PTS until 1.2 goes live or reroll onto a high pop server. Personally I think we'll see the servers get a nice boost in active population with 1.2's release but I don't expect it to be enough to keep players there. Which brings us back to proactively taking steps to insure we enjoy our game, for me it meant rerolling...Well rerolling once 1.2 goes live, for now I play on the PTS then it'll be Mass Effect 3 just prior to 1.2 going live so I get a nice break from the game prior to rerolling.
    In my case, rerolling really isn't a realistic option. There's no way our whole guild would reroll, many of us have invested a lot already on these characters, and with things like Legacy being only on one server, it makes rerolling all the more painful. I have 2 50s and several other high level characters here.

Transfers or merges on the other hand, I'd be totally all over that, getting my whole guild to transfer would be far less of an issue than getting them to level all their characters again. It's just annoying because my girlfriend and my friends are not going to reroll, so my only option is to wait it out and see if Bioware actually decides to do something or not.

I just can't see how they don't see this as an issue, how they haven't come out and said ANYTHING yet at all about this. It's potentially one of the biggest issues in the game - if so many people can't do anything because they're spread out over so many servers, people will get bored of having to wait around so long to do anything. After midnight, until 9 or 10am, it's almost impossible to even have a Warzone game on Niman as Republic any more. Even during peak times, my queue times are over 10 minutes.

This, as an issue, is something that has a relatively simple solution, merging half or even 1/3 of the servers into others would be a huge improvement for a lot of people. I really hope they start acknowledging that there is a population issue soon, and that they start doing something about it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah rerolling is a non issue for me. I haven't joined a guild on any of my characters outside of the PTS. I plan to change that though come reroll time. Realistically in your shoes raeli a merger or free transfer is the only option. Hopefully the team behind the oceanic transfer can put that practice into good use for mergers/transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't picture BioWare acknowledging that there is a population "issue" on any server any time soon. That would be almost as bad a press as server mergers themselves. Yes they should do something and yes they probably will, in a few months. I just don't see EA or BioWare admitting to it any sooner than that.

I just can't picture BioWare acknowledging that there is a population "issue" on any server any time soon. That would be almost as bad a press as server mergers themselves. Yes they should do something and yes they probably will, in a few months. I just don't see EA or BioWare admitting to it any sooner than that.
    Just wanted to point out that right now seems to be prime time (since you were asking earlier). PVE server is Very Heavy and the RP and PVP are both Heavy currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Just wanted to point out that right now seems to be prime time (since you were asking earlier). PVE server is Very Heavy and the RP and PVP are both Heavy currently.
    Well that would explain it then. lol

Its been a decade or two since I was awake at five in the morning.

Deleted
    Its happened, i've started rerolling on a Heavy pop server. While levelling last night (around 12am UK time) another guy popped in general moaning his server was dead with 20people on the server approx. Turned out it was a guy from my server, same faction, same GUILD! Even after logging off at half 2 there was 30+ people on fleet...not to count those in WZ's and levelling on other planets. Was nice to see people running round for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Turned out it was a guy from my server, same faction, same GUILD!
    Hehe... Well its basically a vicious circle that is important to react to quickly instead of stalling and crossing their fingers. I was actually impressed that EA was so quick with trials as soon as they realized TOR numbers had plateaued. I have been far less impressed with their managing of the servers. EA "should" have been just as quick with merging servers as they were with opening new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I was reading some threads on this forum, where some claimed that there are several empty SW TOR servers. They also claimed that the population issue is so bad that people can't find others to quest together etc in starter zones etc, so I decided to take some screenshots. These were taken at 21:20 European Std Time. See for yourself:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5...2031422201.jpg
    http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5...2031422201.jpg

I play on Legions of Lettow. Let me tell you how's life at a "Standard" pop server. There were 40-65 people running around in the starting zone throughout the day. There were 25-45 people online in my guild, and there were 450 people online at the Capital City (Fleet) a few minutes ago when I got there.
    Legions of Lettow isn't a standard server. It's usually marked as heavy. Occasionally it drops to standard but since this happens only occasionally I suspect in those cases it's just barely below the treshold which would make it heavy. Now take a server that is barely above light yet is marked as standard, the margin between these two servers is huge even though they are both marked as standard.

Deleted
    Hehe... Well its basically a vicious circle that is important to react to quickly instead of stalling and crossing their fingers. I was actually impressed that EA was so quick with trials as soon as they realized TOR numbers had plateaued. I have been far less impressed with their managing of the servers. EA "should" have been just as quick with merging servers as they were with opening new ones.
    Yeah, the dying servers continue dying while the heavy servers keep growing. And with the amount of servers they do have, even people resubbing won't show a big increase in pop as most people will be spread out over the large amount of servers they have too. Merges are in need of or all those chars people have levelled will grow dusty as people quit or move server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how many people are online in Fleet during prime time for Space Slug US?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Now I dont know how accurate this info is, but look at the huge gap in population. Imagine being on one of the lower 1/2 servers that have less ppl on the entire server then the top 10 have in on factions side of multiple zones.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...opulation2.png

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 10:45 PM ----------

Beat me too it, take a look at the bottom half for both lists. For all the ppl saying there aren't issues try and do somethign on those ghost town servers and see how much fun the game is for you. Sure rerolling elsewhere is an option but for many its a shitty one.
    This chart makes sense. I'm on Iron council and its just about perfect population-wise. We don't have to deal with the queue crap on weekends like some of the heaviest servers but we have nightly PUG raids and a number of nm raiding guilds and several high end pvp guilds. Love that server.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    This chart makes sense. I'm on Iron council and its just about perfect population-wise.
    Hmm if so I might have just found my new server come 1.2 release.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other problem is...for SOME of us...we didn't actually pick the server we're on. Our guilds were migrated on. At the time, server populations seemed healthy- but this is not the case anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    The other problem is...for SOME of us...we didn't actually pick the server we're on. Our guilds were migrated on. At the time, server populations seemed healthy- but this is not the case anymore.
    Good point, had forgotten about that. Though the guild assignments were too the first "set" of servers so I would think that they would be better off, population wise, than the later sets.

Deleted
    Currently on Coruscant on my new server...110+ people on the planet alone.... in a guild with 300+ players...this is more like it. Shame about the wasted effort on my other chars though.