Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

new ninja system added to the game now!

So, realistically, that's really all you need to know to understand how it'll play out in-game. For those looking for more detail, here's what's happening behind the scenes:

The boss dies.
    Each player has a chance to win loot, independent of the other players.
    For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss's loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.
    Notice that you aren't rolling Need or Greed. You don't have an option to Pass. The game just says "Take this."
    You can't trade this item, or that would defeat the purpose of removing the social pressure on groups of strangers. If you don't want the item, you are free to vendor, delete, or disenchant it.
    so , now , blizz has decided to ninja roll for players who dont even want to roll instead of letting players roll, huh?

yeh good idea, let the game itself ninja roll now instead of players. even the very little chance of meeting some good players who dont ninja roll an item is lost !

cant understand how it can be good at all!
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2012-03-27 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    so , now , blizz has decided to ninja roll for players who dont even want to roll instead of letting players roll, huh?

yeh good idea, let the game itself ninja roll now instead of players. even the very little chance of meeting some good players who dont ninja roll an item is lost !
    Ignorance is bliss.

How is it ninjaing if you don't take anything off anyone else?

How does that make someone a ninja?
    /facepalm.

do even know what it means to ninja an item?
    게임 은 어렵~~

That's not what 'ninjaing' even is. If other people win or do not win, based on your quote, it doesn't mean you do or do not win. It's not without flaws, but it's a pretty good system, I would say. However, you may want to take the time to actually read before making a whine post.

how is it ninjaing when you are not rolling against anyone but the game.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

This guy is trolling you guys so hard and everyone took the bait.

OT: Define ninja please.

Each player has a chance to win loot, independent of the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    This guy is trolling you guys so hard and everyone took the bait.

OT: Define ninja please.
    A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.[1] Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat.[2] The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the Sengoku or "warring states" period, in the 15th century,[3] but antecedents may have existed in the 14th century,[4] and possibly even in the 12th century (Heian or early Kamakura era).[5][6]

In the unrest of the Sengoku period (15th–17th centuries), mercenaries and spies for hire became active in the Iga Province and the adjacent area around the village of Kōga, and it is from their ninja clans that much of our knowledge of the ninja is drawn. Following the unification of Japan under the Tokugawa shogunate (17th century), the ninja faded into obscurity, being replaced by the Oniwabanshū body of secret agents.[7] A number of shinobi manuals, often centered around Chinese military philosophy, were written in the 17th and 18th centuries, most notably the Bansenshukai (1676).[8]

By the time of the Meiji Restoration (1868), the tradition of the shinobi had become a topic of popular imagination and mystery in Japan. Ninja figured prominently in folklore and legend, and as a result it is often difficult to separate historical fact from myth. Some legendary abilities purported to be in the province of ninja training include invisibility, walking on water, and control over the natural elements. As a consequence, their perception in western popular culture in the 20th century was based more on such legend and folklore than on the historical spies of the Sengoku period.

or are we talking about when a Loot Master takes loot or gives loot to someone regardless of who won the loot via a /random roll?

Deleted
    Until proof to contradict it appears I'm going to go on the assumption it's entirely possible for all 25 people to win an item on a boss, one person's behind the scenes roll will not be affected by anyone else in the raid.

Yes it's likely Blizzard would implement a floor and ceiling for numbers of players that can win an item but this idea that it's always a fixed number of winners contradicts the statements made in blue posts.

Deleted
    How is the game giving people spec specific items called being a ninja?

cant understand how it can be good at all!
    This forum, some of the people, or accualy the majority of people in this forum amazes me everyday, the whine, the QQ.

Are people just so lonely, and rages, and QQ about everything in their daily life aswell? Who are theese people, i would love to meet one of you guys, there is alot of you people out there

this is my last post on mmo, tried it out and no, the level of QQ and stupidity on theese forums boggles my mind. Who are you people, get help or something, because alot of people here have some searious issues.

Ninjaing an item now means someone else winning an item you want.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

protip: "ninja"ing hasnt been in the game since like patch 1.5 or whenever they made the rolling system.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    How is it ninjaing if you don't take anything off anyone else?
    when you have an item and the game itself give it to you or you have a better one and you dont need it m its some kind of ninja, istn it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you shitting me?

You non raiders who only do LFR began by saying "it's cool I don't mind that I won't get good loot in LFR, as long as I get to see the content!"

So Blizzard heard these cries, implemented them, and saw that it was good.

A month later, some selfish people cry that they do their LFR but don't get the loot.

So Blizzard heard these cries, fixed the system, and saw that it was good.

Further down the line, people cried that others were rolling on loot and selling it in the raid.

So Blizzard changed the system and intelligent people saw that it was good.

BUT *INSERT DRAMATIC MUSIC*

Those same people who said "It's ok, I don't want the loot, I just want to see the content!" went up in arms crying that they aren't getting the loot they want/deserve for putting in minimal time and effort. They say that Blizzard favours the ninja looters!

During said time, half the population is with their head in their hands on the desk.

*DRAMATIC PIANO ENDING - DUN... DUN.... DAAAAAHHHHHH*

Seriously since LFR was implemented, Ninja has evolved from a term meaning "someone specifically set out and succeeded in stealing an item they have no interest in acquiring, to grief others" to "SOMEONE ROLLED ON SOMETHING I WANTED AND I DIDN'T WIN AND I DON'T CARE THEIR MOTIVE AS TO WHY BUT THEY A NINJA COS I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!1!!1eleven!!!1!"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

when you have an item and the game itself give it to you or you have a better one and you dont need it m its some kind of ninja, istn it?
    No.

Not it's not.

Winning the roll for a green when everyone pressed greed isn't ninjaing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

its like roll on an item without you rly want to roll on that item .

and I DO NOT troll , just got confused about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my problem with the new loot system

I play Enhancement as my main. AGI is my favorite stat, Mastery is my favorite secondary stat, Haste is my LEAST favorite stat

So lets say the trinket from Warmaster drops. Technically the game will think I want that item cause it has AGI on it but in fact, I would ALWAYS pass on it due to the Haste proc

Now assuming I am in a group where people know what their class wants, every other Enha Shammy is gonna pass on that item and let the Rogue or Hunter roll on it

With this loot system, it stands to reason that less of those trinkets are gonna go to the players that need it and more of them will go to, in this case, the Enhancement Shammy that would have otherwise passed on said trinket

Now I know there is no such thing as a perfect system, but I feel like this is definitely moving in the wrong direction...

EDIT: I worded that third line badly. More like, that trinket is part of that bosses loot table, this system would reward me with that trinket even though it is very obviously bad for my spec just because it has AGI on it
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-03-27 at 09:20 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra