Poll: Agree?

Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Pro gun rights but would never own a gun...agree?

So this is a poll to see who shares my opinion. I'm all for everyone being able to own a gun, granted that they are over 18 and have no criminal record, but I would never own a gun myself. Anyone share my opinion?

Deleted
    No... Guns are only made for one single purpose, which is to harm/kill another human being (excluding stuff like hunting animals and sport-shooting ofc). Imo only law enforcement and the army should be able to carry guns.

By the way, this kind of topic always ends up with US citizens defending their constitutional rights and everyone else goes like "dude, we don't need guns to protect ourselves", just sayin'.
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2012-04-27 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    No... Guns are only made for one single purpose, which is to harm/kill another human being (excluding stuff like hunting animals and sport-shooting ofc). Imo only law enforcement and the army should be able to carry guns.
    Guns are made to fire small lead projectiles at high speed. Knives are made to cut things but you can also stab people with them. IMO guns are just a tool and its people who are to blame for their misuse. These people would use whatever tool they want to kill someone if they want to. Fix the person not the inanimate objest he uses.

As for the question you will get lots of disagrees for Pro gun rights and have guns, anti gun rights have guns, and anti gun rights dont have guns. I do wish more people in this country would let other people do what they want even if you dont personally want to participate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Guns are made to fire small lead projectiles at high speed. Knives are made to cut things but you can also stab people with them. IMO guns are just a tool and its people who are to blame for their misuse. These people would use whatever tool they want to kill someone if they want to. Fix the person not the inanimate objest he uses.

As for the question you will get lots of disagrees for Pro gun rights and have guns, anti gun rights have guns, and anti gun rights dont have guns. I do wish more people in this country would let other people do what they want even if you dont personally want to participate.
    Yes, you can stab people with a knife. You can do that with an axe or a sharp shovel as well. But they are tools made to cut fruit/vegetables/meet, chop wood and move stuff like sand.

A gun don't have any practical purpose, except shooting animals like deers. The thing is, that killing another human being is much easier with a gun than a knife/shovel/axe.

According to this source and some easy math the population of the US is 56 times larger than Denmark, but has amount of murder involving firearms that's 500 times large. This is not counting the amount of victims that luckily didn't die from their injuries.

Just for the record, firearms is strictly prohibited in Denmark. The only people that use them are law enforcement and the army. And a few people with a special license (like security guards and special collectors).
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2012-04-27 at 07:27 AM.

Personally I'm rather anti gun. I just don't view heavy gun control as a particularly effective way to reduce gun violence.

I own 2 firearms, and I will defend my right to own them, but I don't think that things like Tanks or Assault Rifles should be in the hands of the general public.

Where is my poll choice?

Where I come from, Ireland, we have a non-armed police force. Yes, our police have no guns of any kind. The most lethal thing they carry is the batton thing. This system only works in Ireland because NOONE has guns. Its easy to keep the peace without guns when the thieves/criminals dont have them either.

A little off topic, but nonetheless humorous. Take a look at the Urban Dictionarys definition of the word Hoplophobe.

"An irrational fear of weapons, generally guns, usually occuring as a result of a liberal upbringing or the fact that the person is just a wimp in general. Rather than deal with the fear said hoplophobe will assign human characteristics to a weapon ie "guns are evil" or "guns kill" to justify the fear rather than deal with the core problem of being a sissy."

Guns kill people.

Having weapons available escalates the situation. The problem (as usual) are big manufactures that have to create laws and fear to sell their death devices.

Edit: I just found i am a Hoplophobe... i have to call some old girlfriends... /sarcasm
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-04-27 at 07:18 AM.

but what if do you click if you are pro gun rights and you don't have a gun but you would own a gun yourself if you ever felt like it o.O

rofl guns kill people.. what a buncha pansies we live with..

i love guns.. they rock.. im not even american but ive used em ever since i went hunting when i was 12. and i personally own 2 in my house alone.. and another for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post

i love guns.. they rock.. im not even american but ive used em ever since i went hunting when i was 12. and i personally own 2 in my house alone.. and another for hunting.
    I am not a pansy.

You can hunt all you want with a hunting rifle. The 9 mm machine guns with hallow points have to be regulated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post

I am not a pansy.

You can hunt all you want with a hunting rifle. The 9 mm machine guns with hallow points have to be regulated.
    Agreed Cybran. I don't have any problems with weapons that's used for hunting. The problem is handguns/assult riffles/shotguns and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archelios View Post
    So this is a poll to see who shares my opinion. I'm all for everyone being able to own a gun, granted that they are over 18 and have no criminal record, but I would never own a gun myself. Anyone share my opinion?
    I own several firearms, but would gladly give them up for a complete ban and/or store them at a gun club. While mine are safe, disassembled and stored in different places, I know for a fact that not everyone takes the same precautions. It's indisputable that the more people have guns, the more guns will end up in the wrong or irresponsible hands, and the price for that is innocent lives.

And as has been mentioned, there is absolutely a difference between a bolt action hunting rifle/shotgun and a semi auto assault rifle or pistols like the FN 5-7. There's absolutely no reason you'd need to have any the latter at home.

I'd advocate a complete ban for anyone who is not an active member of a gun club (where you'd store the gun) or an active hunter(by license), and in that case you'd be restricted to centerfire rifles or shotguns.

It won't change any time soon in the US at least, there are simply too much lobby money in play for any real headway to be made.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2012-04-27 at 07:33 AM.

I think every law abiding and able person in the world should have one. An armed society is a polite one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Cry me a friggin' river. A gun has saved my life. Just because you are afraid of them doesn't mean you should be so eager to take others' away. Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. You've obviously never been in that situation.

What situation would you have - a criminal fearing you may have a gun when he decides to burgle you or knowing that you, as an obedient, law-abiding citizen do not and he is the only one with the gun?

Criminals already have guns. They don't follow the rules. Don't be naive. Small-minded, namby-pamby, politically correct people really get on my nerves. These people watch their rights being stripped and clap their weak little hands like seals cheering for food or tricks.

Also - So, if the government turns into a dictatorship or strips us of our rights, we have no means to defend ourselves? You forget the reason for them in the first place. Government should fear the people.

All that should be done is competancy exams and psychological testing should be done. Simple as that.

I laughed my head off at the guy who said it was easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. A knife is far more deadly in the right hands. You get stabbed in the gut and damage an intestine, you're dead pretty damn quick. Also, I guarantee more people accidently cut themselves each year by accident than shoot others. Anything in the wrong, untrained hands is deadly.

And, no, I'm not American. I'm South African. To that "hunter" - you probably have never hunted a damn worthwhile opponent in your life - whoooo - a deer? That's a really dangerous little critter right there!
    Last edited by Melpo; 2012-04-27 at 07:39 AM.
    My blog & rants: www.wocky.me

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisciple View Post
    I think every law abiding and able person in the world should have one. An armed society is a polite one.
    Only if dueling is legal again. Because I could call you lots of bad things, but if you take out that gun and shoot me, you are going to jail for murder.

I actually think Dueling should be legalized with Martial Weapons in controlled environments, but hey, I'm kind of old school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDisciple View Post
    The trick is, that people aren't perfect. There will always be criminality and murder. Murder is easier with a gun. If people were perfect, we didn't even need guns at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Only if dueling is legal again. Because I could call you lots of bad things, but if you take out that gun and shoot me, you are going to jail for murder.
    Real men duel with Sabers at dawn
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Real men duel with Sabers at dawn
    Sabers? Please. They use Claymores and ride Bear Cavalry.