Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    General Twinbraids slaughters a civilian mining operation in the barrens solely because they happen to have the same race as the saboteur who blew up Bael Modan.
    And you blame one dwarf for the whole race as one massacre. Sounds the same argument to me. If you can blame him for being evil so can we blame one of another race for destroying an entire settlement.

Last time I checked almost every tauren in the game will attack my dwarf if he isn't related to the Cenarians/Moonglade or at a sanctuary.
    Last edited by Penguirrel; 2012-05-05 at 04:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    It's more that the dwarves attack the tauren, a race that never did anything against them, during peacetime, to recover archeological evidence. If the dwarves had done all this against any orcish tribe other than the frostwolf, it would still have been questionable, but at least understandable. This is equivalent the draenei attacking the revantusk during TBC because they wanted some nice beachfront property.

Also, the thread is mostly meant jokingly, as I sincerely doubt that the dwarves were actually ever intended to be evil. The fact that they did so much questionable stuff without ever being called upon it by any ally is probably something that no one ever noticed (and the stormwind thing is completely a joke, though its still a bit weird that the dwarves decided to build a quarter for themselves).
    Well....it's not like you never went on a bender, and drunk as shit did something dumb right?
    I mean come oooon, come oooooon haha
    Actually, one of the most enjoyable threads in the last while I've read.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

And, it's not really changed since Vanilla either. Dwarves are notably racist against tauren, blood elves, high elves, orcs, goblins and trolls. General Twinbraids slaughters a civilian mining operation in the barrens solely because they happen to have the same race as the saboteur who blew up Bael Modan. In addition, Moira's backstory strongly implies that the dwarves are heavily sexist as well, a fact which is backed up by almost all notable dwarves being male (even when compared to the other sausage-fest nations).

In conclusions: Dwarves are EVIL. They attack nations who they have a peace agreement with, are racists, sexists and warmongers, use the suffering of their allies for their own advancement and their recklessness has resulted in the deaths of most of the gnomish race. EVIIIIIIIL!
    You may want to do those quests again.

THey are the same goblins who did it.

On top of this, oh noes, an Alliance race does bad things to the Horde. Whatever shall we do?

Breaking news! Race/faction I don't like is evil! More at 11.

I know I am really, really late with this, but I was thinking a bit about vanilla and faction balance, when I realized something: Dwarves are the most aggressive overly-obsessed dicks in the world.
    Yeah, if you pretend every almost every other race doesn't exist.

Let's take a look at their actions in the barrens. Despite there being a peace agreement between the horde and the alliance, the dwarves move into Barrens and blow up a random tauren village, massacring most of the stonespire clan and destroying their holy sites. And for what? Because the dwarves wanted to do an archeology survey.
    The Forsaken attacked Arathi Basin during a time of peace, and for what? To cut off the humans from their allies. The Orcs attacked Ashenvale during a time of peace, and for what? Wood. If you want to judge every race by the actions of a fraction, they're all pretty evil.

Honestly, I just wish they would have killed more Tauren - they annoy the piss out of me. They always act surprised and play innocent whenever they get attacked.

And its not just the barrens either. When the discovered only the slightest hint of some titan artifacts, the dwarves actually invaded Mulgore itself, blowing a hole into a mountain and attacking any Tauren who would approach the digsite.
    See above.

Tales of dwarven atrocities are not just limited to Kalimdor either. The biggest atrocity committed by the dwarves is probably their attack on alterac valley, the current homelands of the frostwolf tribe. Despite the dwarves having no claim to the valley, Ironforge has decreed a "sovereign imperialistic imperative" to take the valley for ores and titan relics. Despite the stormpike guard arriving with explicit intent to slaughter every single member of the frostwolf tribe, they are now claiming that they were merely peaceful explorers and that the orcs are merely mindless savages who attacked the dwarves because of their warlike nature.
    The Stormpike Clan live in the Alterac Valleys, of which the 'Alterac Valley' is just one of many. They likely didn't even know the Orcs were there when they began excavation.

But, instead of trying to find a peaceful negotiation, the Orcs just attacked them.

And it isn't just the horde that has suffered at the hands of the savage ironforge dwarves, but also their fellow allies. When the dwarves helped rebuild stormwind, supposedly for altruistic reasons, they claimed a portion of the city for themselves, dubbed 'the dwarven district', establishing a supply line between the district and ironforge, no doubt waiting for the opportunity to declare a "sovereign imperialistic imperative".
    Oh, LIGHT no! They rebuilt a city!

Oh, and the Gnomes built the Deeprun tram. Guess they're evil!

But the biggest horror caused by the dwarves was probably when they opened up the ancients vaults of Uldaman, releasing a horde of troggs that would eventually invade Gnomeregan, killing most of the gnomish race.
    Yes, they TOTALLY knew the Troggs were in there! Damn Dwarves, releasing an ancient race of monsters that hates them for no discernible reason!

Oh, and the Gnomes destroyed Gnomeregan.

And, it's not really changed since Vanilla either. Dwarves are notably racist against tauren, blood elves, high elves, orcs, goblins and trolls. General Twinbraids slaughters a civilian mining operation in the barrens solely because they happen to have the same race as the saboteur who blew up Bael Modan.
    Wow, good point! Those Dwarves and their pink-skin, weak allies sure are racist! Can you IMAGINE if any of the Horde races were racist? That shit would be crazy.

But, seriously, fuckin' dirty pink-skins.

In addition, Moira's backstory strongly implies that the dwarves are heavily sexist as well, a fact which is backed up by almost all notable dwarves being male (even when compared to the other sausage-fest nations).
    So, King Magni was sexist against his daughter (something he later regretted and tried to atone for), so all Dwarves are sexist and evil?

In conclusions: Dwarves are EVIL. They attack nations who they have a peace agreement with, are racists, sexists and warmongers, use the suffering of their allies for their own advancement and their recklessness has resulted in the deaths of most of the gnomish race. EVIIIIIIIL!
    Coming up next on the Azerothian News Network - Racials slurs? In YOUR battleground? It's more likely than you think!

to be fair, the orcs were invading ashenvale LOOONG before the dwarves attacked the horde in mulgore/barrens.

The biggest atrocity committed by the dwarves is probably their attack on alterac valley, the current homelands of the frostwolf tribe.
    Implying people from another planet have a claim. It doesn't even matter if they are "peaceful", they arrived with a bloodthirsty horde into a land which they had even less claim to than Dwarves.

Deleted
    I see the dwarves not as an evil race but an obsessive one. Their fascination with archaeology and discovering their origins leads them to do brutal, but in their eyes necessary, things in order to make their finds.

Deleted
    You're over thinking the matter. Warcraft has a pathetic attempt at moral relativism, not actual moral relativism.

I wonder how long it'll be until someone points out the Dwarfs' resemblance to a certain religious minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    You're over thinking the matter. Warcraft has a pathetic attempt at moral relativism, not actual moral relativism.

I wonder how long it'll be until someone points out the Dwarfs' resemblance to a certain religious minority.
    Short, drunk Scotsmen?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Short, drunk Scotsmen?
    Bad Scottish accents =/= Scottish culture.

And they're not Norsemen either. God, no.

Now would be a good time to post an ED page.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-05-05 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Scottish accents =/= Scottish culture.

And they're not Norsemen either. God, no.
    I was being facetious :P
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Deleted
    I was being facetious :P
    As was I, friend. Though mostly as a result of not knowing how to respond to good humour.

"I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue..." -- JRR Tolkien, letter 176

Is that what you mean?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Coming up next on the Azerothian News Network - Racials slurs? In YOUR battleground? It's more likely than you think!
    "This gnome is such a dumb punt."
    Men!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue..." -- JRR Tolkien, letter 176

Is that what you mean?
    No. Mostly because he was talking primarily about Thorin's folk, rather than the whole Dwarfish race, in this letter. And only in terms of their predicament, rather than their culture. Which he equated to early Germanics.

But yes, I was in fact referring to the ED page on Warcraft dwarves. And 1d4Chan also talked about it in far less offensive terms.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-05-05 at 07:20 AM.

EDIT: Let's not discuss it here, as it's off-topic and potentially could send this thread down the crapper.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-05-05 at 07:24 AM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    EDIT: Let's not discuss it here, as it's off-topic and potentially could send this thread down the crapper.
    In retrospect it was pretty stupid to bring it up.

In retrospect it was pretty stupid to bring it up.
    It's pretty much always a bad idea to bring up ED.

"This gnome is such a dumb punt."
    Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. What a short-sighted view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    It's pretty much always a bad idea to bring up ED.
    I wasn't referring to ED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in your Barrens, stealing your heritage.

If I'm evil, than so be it.
    Ok, that was filled with too much win :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.