Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 install problems

Hi, seems Im having aproblem with the installation of the game...

It would be that the files Diablo 3 installer.exe and the installer tomes are trying to open up as Adobe files... I am confused of why and how do I fix this problem? Im facking ill just now and dont need this extra stress! lols

Thanks in advance for any help
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Diablo III setup.exe? It should be an executable, and as a result it will not be opened by Adobe unless you changed the extension.

Deleted
    Hello there ScottishPaladin! Try " open with " or manually do it. Otherwise you could go get it from your battle.net account and simply download it

Best regards,

Selonthyx

Mine still wont let me install anyways. I read in another thread you can install at 9am PST. which is a few hrs away.

As for the adobe thing i am unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by niblic3rd View Post
    Mine still wont let me install anyways. I read in another thread you can install at 9am PST. which is a few hrs away.

I think it was 9pm PST because it is then Midnight EST
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niblic3rd View Post

One of my friends is installing it atm.

@ Selonthyx, What do I open it with? That is what is confusing me.
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    At the time of writing this post, the installer unlocks in two hours, which is 05:01 PM (17:01) CEST.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't install it until it digitally unlocks anyway so no need to be upset by this fact.

However, if it's trying to open the installer as an adobe file then you may have corrupted files. If the download completed properly (and came from the proper source) then you can open the installer, it will tell you that the forces of hell arn't here yet - or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the second time I have downloaded it, and they are displayed as Adobe reader files...

What do I "open with".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    This is the second time I have downloaded it, and they are displayed as Adobe reader files...

What do I "open with".
    I'll ask again, is there a file called Diablo III setup.exe

Deleted

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410...2_05_2012#blog

Also, go to that. If you downloaded the downloader/files before the 12th of May, then you'll need to get the new downloader, just wait until you're installing it anyways(at 4pm GMT)
    Last edited by mmoc09b828f4f1; 2012-05-14 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    At the time of writing this post, the installer unlocks in two hours, which is 05:01 PM (17:01) CEST.
    also, that is 11AM EDT for us on the east coast...even though Ohio isnt on the coast...but you get the point :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I'll ask again, is there a file called Diablo III setup.exe
    Yes, it is saying its a PART file though

Deleted
    Yes, it is saying its a PART file though
    In general terms, many download managers will store parts of downloads in a file given the file extension .PART and then combine these when the download is complete. A .PART file by itself is generally of little to no use. You need to wait until the download is complete before opening it.

So you couldn't have fully downloaded the game yet, or if you have, something has gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    I think it was 9pm PST because it is then Midnight EST
    No, you can install at 8AM PST.

Hell, I can't even get the thing to download from the website on my desktop. I was able to do it on my laptop couple days ago but tried the desktop last night and kept getting some sort of .exe error right at away. I'm at work and can't give the exact message

Deleted
    If it is a PART file and not a .exe then it has not downloaded fully. You should run the download launcher again, and make sure it's complete - sometimes it will sit at 100% for a while but not be completely finished. If you are in the EU make sure you're running the updated client from a few days ago, and not an older one.

Your final folder should be 7.60GB.

Deleted
    Hello,

Microsoft has Published a Solution(FixItTool) for this Problem! --> I don't have the Rights to post Links please Type go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9803442 in your Browser!

Manuall Sollution for this File type setting problem:

1. Open Command Prompt by typing command in RUN dialog box.(run as Administrator under Windows 7

2. Now provide following command:

cd\windows

3. It'll activate Windows folder. Now provide following command to open Registry Editor:

regedit

NOTE: If you can't open "regedit", press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and open "Task Manager". Now click on "File" menu and hold down the "CTRL" key and click on "New Task" menu. It'll open a Command Prompt window. Now provide regedit.exe command and press Enter. It'll open registry editor without any problem.

4. Now go to following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

In right-side pane, change value of Default key to exefile

5. Now go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

In right-side pane, change value of Default key to:

"%1" %*

6. That's it. Now exit Registry Editor and restart your Windows. Now you should be able to open EXE files without any problem.
    Last edited by mmocb108bc8401; 2012-05-14 at 01:34 PM.

One of my friends is installing it atm.

@ Selonthyx, What do I open it with? That is what is confusing me.
    Are you sure your friend doesn't think that downloading is same as installing? Because it shouldn't be possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Are you sure your friend doesn't think that downloading is same as installing? Because it shouldn't be possible yet.
    Fire is still falling over here.