• Northern Shiverpeaks

19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    So I'm reading Ghosts of Ascalon finally, and I really need to say that Killeen is such a badass character. Just nonchalantly asking Dougal if he'd consider being her undead minion if he dies.

XD

Too bad I already know the plot of both books. Sea of Sorrows will be spoiler-free at least. ^^

And damn do they really pack the lore into that book. Every chapter has some sort of story establishing a lore element. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't already know all of it. :\
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-25 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So I'm reading Ghosts of Ascalon finally, and I really need to say that Killeen is such a badass character. Just nonchalantly asking Dougal if he'd consider being her undead minion if he dies.

XD

Too bad I already know the plot of both books. Sea of Sorrows will be spoiler-free at least. ^^

And damn do they really pack the lore into that book. Every chapter has some sort of story establishing a lore element. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't already know all of it. :\
    It's great to get a good feel of the lore yeah. Much better than just reading a lore description on a website. Gives it a very organic feel.
    And idd.......she made me want a sylvari necro. Really expresses sylvari's fascination with death perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    It's great to get a good feel of the lore yeah. Much better than just reading a lore description on a website. Gives it a very organic feel.
    And idd.......she made me want a sylvari necro. Really expresses sylvari's fascination with death perfectly.
    The wiki quotes the book for the most part, so I'd hardly say it's more organic for me.

And yeah, I'm seriously considering making one too. I really never fully understood each race's personalities, but damn I even like Asura now. They've done a really great job for all of them. Funny enough, human is my least favorite race now.

My new list of favorite races: Sylvari > Charr > Asura > Norn > Human

Aesthetically, Charr > Sylvari > Norn > Human > Asura

10+ Year Old Account
    come to the sylvari, we have pretty girls/boys (whichever you prefer) and flowers! \o/

The wiki quotes the book for the most part, so I'd hardly say it's more organic for me.

And yeah, I'm seriously considering making one too. I really never fully understood each race's personalities, but damn I even like Asura now. They've done a really great job for all of them. Funny enough, human is my least favorite race now.

Personally I found Dougal to be dour and soulless. Didn't appeal to me at all. He gets better but yh...doesn't express the humanity on the brink and heroes rising feeling that I have for humans.
    And you just wait until you finish the book...asura might even go up. They're far more sensitive and deeper than being arrogant SoBs. There's a few moments in the book where asura just outshine everything imo.

Personally I found Dougal to be dour and soulless. Didn't appeal to me at all. He gets better but yh...doesn't express the humanity on the brink and heroes rising feeling that I have for humans.
    And you just wait until you finish the book...asura might even go up. They're far more sensitive and deeper than being arrogant SoBs. There's a few moments in the book where asura just outshine everything imo.
    Dougal strikes me as just a boring, typical protagonist. The supporting characters outshine him so much.

Well and Riona. She too seems kind of boring. Does she get any better later on? :x

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    come to the sylvari, we have pretty girls/boys (whichever you prefer) and flowers! \o/
    Swoon me Sy. Sing me a sweet serenade outside my window. And bring the flowers.

10+ Year Old Account

how can you not love dougal?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    how can you not love dougal?
    He's just a bland, uninteresting and unoriginal character. It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't the protagonist, since he wouldn't be nearly as important. But as the central character in the story... he's just meh.

I totally agree. Dougal is just 2-dimensional. He's utterly bland. Every supporting character is more interesting.
    You only like him because he's a thief tbh Glytch

She doesn't get much more interesting Larynx, no. Doesn't even put out :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just nonchalantly asking Dougal if he'd consider being her undead minion if he dies.
    Sounds like the kinda thing my girlfriend would do....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I totally agree. Dougal is just 2-dimensional. He's utterly bland. Every supporting character is more interesting.
    You only like him because he's a thief tbh Glytch

She doesn't get much more interesting Larynx, no. Doesn't even put out :/
    Do the two develop a romance? Because I totally see that happening, or at least some sort of repressed love for each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really never fully understood each race's personalities, but damn I even like Asura now. They've done a really great job for all of them. Funny enough, human is my least favorite race now.
    Asura and Sylvari week helped show me what they could each be. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just a bland, uninteresting and unoriginal character. It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't the protagonist, since he wouldn't be nearly as important. But as the central character in the story... he's just meh.
    he's indiana fucking jones
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Asura and Sylvari week helped show me what they could each be. :P
    Do you have links for those two?

XD

Do the two develop a romance? Because I totally see that happening, or at least some sort of repressed love for each other.
    No comment haha.
    Seriously?
    He's got 1/10 of the personality of Indiana Jones. And none of the charisma. I think u roleplayed him in ur head while reading tbh.

No comment haha.
    So they get down and do some freaky shit then?

Oh dear. Because I could totally see him and Killeen, but Riona? eeehhh...

So they get down and do some freaky shit then?

Oh dear.
    As I said...no comment lol.

And here's links
    http://www.arena.net/blog/prepare-yo...for-asura-week
    http://www.arena.net/blog/next-week-is-sylvari-week

hmm, now that I think of it, the only book I've read with a sex scene was Rise of the Lich King. And on the subject of that, part 1 was fantastic, and part 2 and 3 were basically the Warcraft 3 campaigns. Not that I mind, but it wasn't nearly as exciting.

hmm, now that I think of it, the only book I've read with a sex scene was Rise of the Lich King. And on the subject of that, part 1 was fantastic, and part 2 and 3 were basically the Warcraft 3 campaigns. Not that I mind, but it wasn't nearly as exciting.
    I read a lot of sci-fi....and many books have some in it lol. Can often be farcical.

Also.....war of the ancients was good.

I read a lot of sci-fi....and many books have some in it lol. Can often be farcical.

Also.....war of the ancients was good.
    If it didn't have all that time traveling bullshit, it would be good. >_<