Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephriguor View Post
    This seems to be far more objective and reasonable than most other things in this thread, not including the beer stuff, I don't drink alcohol.
    Thanks!

It is also worth noting an experience I had when going to see Phantom Menace on it's 3D re-release with my son; He loved every second of it (he's 5). Upon leaving it, I realized that I actually enjoyed it more seeing it with my child than I ever did seeing it alone when it originally came out.

This brought me a revelation; the new trilogy is really aimed more at establising new fanbases with younger generations than it is pleasing fans of the original trilogy. This is backed up by the fact that the new "Clone Wars" cartoon has brought more money in to the franchise than the original three movies ever did.

It is likely that, in time, original Diablo fans may realize that the new Diablo is aimed at pleasing fans of the original two titles in the series, but creating new fans in a generation of PC gamers that varies wildly from those that made the original titles popular.

Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Backed into a corner? I was just pointing out some of the major flaws I saw with those games that you liked a lot and also showing that I liked some of them, too, while you made an attempt at being smug about it by saying that I had bad taste in comparison to you. If I need to write down every single flaw (regardless of how small) just to prove that I am not the Blizzard "fanboy" you think I am, then you have made it impossible for me to do so. You also made a fallacious argument by implying "just because he did not bring up any major flaws with one particular game, he therefore has no problems with the game, at all". You are simply plain ridiculous to make hyperboles and then try to turn it around against me when I try to clear up this huge assumption.

You couldn't list one in the same thread even though managed to find flaws with every other game I had listed that you had played. When I called you out about you had no choice because well you want to keep the air of being rationale and objective when clearly we both know what you are. Literally it was the only game you couldn't list a single flaw for, every other game on the list you shit on....

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It is likely that, in time, original Diablo fans may realize that the new Diablo is aimed at pleasing fans of the original two titles in the series, but creating new fans in a generation of PC gamers that varies wildly from those that made the original titles popular.

Time will tell.
    That makes total sense actually. They want to tap into a younger market that maybe has more disposable income for things like RMAH and doesn't think it's such a horrible thing to spend money on their game they already bought. Interesting thought though, I'll have to think about this some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You couldn't list one in the same thread even though managed to find flaws with every other game I had listed that you had played. When I called you out about you had no choice because well you want to keep the air of being rationale and objective when clearly we both know what you are. Literally it was the only game you couldn't list a single flaw for, every other game on the list you shit on....
    So you are not allowing me to clear up misconceptions, then? Listen, if you truly are the reasonable, decent guy you probably think you are, then you would not make statements like this. Considering our past conversations, it is clear that you have a grudge against me. As a result of that, you are now antagonizing me and want no excuses when I try to clarify my position. It's okay, dude, I understand that it can be frustrating talking to certain people, but you need to calm down a bit and we both will have no reason to have more pointless conversations like this.

Deleted
    That makes total sense actually. They want to tap into a younger market that maybe has more disposable income for things like RMAH and doesn't think it's such a horrible thing to spend money on their game they already bought. Interesting thought though, I'll have to think about this some more.
    It is a fact that Zynga games and facebook apps have showed how powerful the microtransaction system is in terms of revenue.

I think that your discussion with Frozen has basically reached the stage where you are two snakes eating the other tails and it is based on big assumption by both sides.

So you are not allowing me to clear up misconceptions, then? Listen, if you truly were the reasonable, decent guy you probably think you are, then you would not make statements like this. Considering our past conversations, it is clear that you have a grudge against me. As a result of that, you are now antagonizing me and want no excuses when I try to clarify my position. It's okay, dude, I understand that it can be frustrating talking to certain people, but you need to calm down a bit and we both will have no reason to have more pointless conversations like this.
    It's only frustrating talking to certain kinds of people... Other than those people I have no grudges and if you don't think your one of those kinds of people maybe in the future you'll think before you post. I don't have a grudge against, I just simply could care less. People really think to much of themselves these days.

Deleted
    So you are not allowing me to clear up misconceptions, then? Listen, if you truly were the reasonable, decent guy you probably think you are, then you would not make statements like this. Considering our past conversations, it is clear that you have a grudge against me. As a result of that, you are now antagonizing me and want no excuses when I try to clarify my position. It's okay, dude, I understand that it can be frustrating talking to certain people, but you need to calm down a bit and we both will have no reason to have more pointless conversations like this.
    Coincidence or not it seems kinda fishy that you are defending Diablo 3 from all the criticism and when he tells you what games he plays you criticise all games but SC2. Its basically too late for you to start saying that SC2 is not perfect blablabla because you have already been caught as a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    It is a fact that Zynga games and facebook apps have showed how powerful the microtransaction system is in terms of revenue.
    I wish you wouldn't have said that. The application of that model in d3 is clear. In fact d3 has become such a social experience with friends who come and go as they please it feels almost like a face book game sometimes. They'll join your party, you'll do your thing for a bit and then leave. The longest play session i've had was 2 hours, that was all I could stomach. In two hours I maybe had 4 or 5 different groups of people join my party. It's like words with friends in that regard. It's a really social experience, really good from a networking and staying in touch stand point. Sadly last time I logged on those numbers dwindled and nobody came out to play. Guess they got bored.

Being a face book game is not necesarily a bad thing or a pejorative but it's just not the games I grew up playing. Blizzard embracing this model is entirely forward thinking and progressive from a business stand point. It is a complete and utter disaster for gaming in my opinion.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-05 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only frustrating talking to certain kinds of people... Other than those people I have no grudges and if you don't think your one of those kinds of people maybe in the future you'll think before you post. I don't have a grudge against, I just simply could care less. People really think to much of themselves these days.
    Well, I would consider both of us needing to do this, honestly. Always good to re-evaluate one's own position and finding better ways to communicate one's own points across.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Coincidence or not it seems kinda fishy that you are defending Diablo 3 from all the criticism and when he tells you what games he plays you criticise all games but SC2. Its basically too late for you to start saying that SC2 is not perfect blablabla because you have already been caught as a fanboy.
    Well, I have not really given my full honest opinion of the game for everyone to see. What you see on the forums are just a tiny fraction and I can understand that people will have these misconceptions about me. Though, they are not correct, since only I know the full story, in this case.

Well, I would consider both of us needing to do this, honestly. Always good to re-evaluate one's own position and finding better ways to communicate one's own points across.
    I wasn't the one that got duped by not criticizing sc one bit. I'm good bro, you just gotta rethink next time you get caught in such an obvious trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    only thing i don´t like is that there is no real punishment for dying -.- that sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't the one that got duped by not criticizing sc one bit. I'm good bro, you just gotta rethink next time you get caught in such an obvious trap.
    You honestly think I did not do that on purpose? Well, you're in for a surprise, then.

You honestly think I did not do that on purpose? Well, you're in for a surprise, then.
    To paraphrase the bard "Me thinks the lady doth protest to much". The fact that your intent on challenging this speaks more volumes than anything I've posted so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    To paraphrase the bard "Me thinks the lady doth protest to much". The fact that your intent on challenging this speaks more volumes than anything I've posted so far.
    Well, sometimes you have to bite the bait to get results. I will let you ponder on that for a bit.

Well, sometimes you have to bite the bait to get results. I will let you ponder on that for a bit.
    Fair enough. As long as we both know where we stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    What result are you after exactly?
    As I said, figure it out yourself. Could prove to be interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:59 PM ----------

Fair enough. As long as we both know where we stand.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Actually I do have over 100+ hours played, have a guy half way through inferno. This is the type of game you have to play a long time to judge fairly.

If I said I played it 10 hours and quit you'd all be bitching how I didn't play it enough to judge it fairly. Diablo games are all about the end game anyway, the time you spend in normal/nightmare/etc. are miniscule compared to the last difficulty and Diablo 3 gets worse as you go, way worse.
    You actually make a valid point. If you had said 10 hours instead of 100+, people on these forums would be screaming at you telling you that you haven't experienced the full potential of the game. Now admitting you have played 100+, they are laughing that while you disliked the game you still played 100+ hours. Honestly, you can't win with these guys.

OT: I have yet to play Diablo 3, even though I have read mixed reviews I will probably get it in the end. I will just bide my time until it's a bit cheaper here in Australia!

Deleted
    I wish you wouldn't have said that. The application of that model in d3 is clear. In fact d3 has become such a social experience with friends who come and go as they please it feels almost like a face book game sometimes. They'll join your party, you'll do your thing for a bit and then leave. The longest play session i've had was 2 hours, that was all I could stomach. In two hours I maybe had 4 or 5 different groups of people join my party. It's like words with friends in that regard. It's a really social experience, really good from a networking and staying in touch stand point. Sadly last time I logged on those numbers dwindled and nobody came out to play. Guess they got bored.

Being a face book game is not necesarily a bad thing or a pejorative but it's just not the games I grew up playing. Blizzard embracing this model is entirely forward thinking and progressive from a business stand point. It is a complete and utter disaster for gaming in my opinion.
    My shortest play session with even just one friend is around 4-5 hour. I lose track of time >_>
    In the end we always go back that the ability to enjoy something is purley subjective and a matter of perception. ^^

Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't The Old Rep- I mean, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Nostalgia's a bitch, eh? It's pretty clear that there's only a small minority that agrees with you, who also tend to be the ones that bitch the loudest. Hell, I've never seen my friends list this packed 24/7. I log on WoW and get shit for not spending every waking hour on Diablo with them. That includes a few people I didn't even know played video games, and probably haven't since playing D1/2, but are loving this game. Go play some other shit game and stop whining, and pretend Diablo 3 doesn't exist like I do with that pathetic excuse for an Indiana Jones movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't The Old Rep- I mean, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Nostalgia's a bitch, eh? It's pretty clear that there's only a small minority that agrees with you, who also tend to be the ones that bitch the loudest. Hell, I've never seen my friends list this packed 24/7. I log on WoW and get shit for not spending every waking hour on Diablo with them. That includes a few people I didn't even know played video games, and probably haven't since playing D1/2, but are loving this game. Go play some other shit game and stop whining, and pretend Diablo 3 doesn't exist like I do with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    Excuse me why is that clear again? And furthermore why should any of us pretend the game doesn't exist and not comment and criticize it? My friends list is all about dead and it was populated by many many people on release day and has dwindled to only 2 or 3 playing diablo. Most have went back to warcraft or sc2. Anecdotal evidence is great like that.