Deleted

Holy, should I reforge to mastery?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A0sty/advanced

Hi,

I am currently reforged to mastery for Spine HC, I am trying to identify if a haste or mastery will be better for this fight.

Please help :P

Why would you go for mastery on a fight where you need to heal to get RID of an absorb debuff. I would say mastery out of the question, so crit or haste. If you're really having mana problems id go for crit but that drastically lowers your HPS. Id go for haste

The general rule is Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Mastery is better than crit on average because crit overheals a lot and mastery is now affected by HR.
    But id go haste for EVERY Fight. Some people say mastery for madness HC but i still prefer haste.
    Its just preference i guess but haste is always the way to go for spine.

Deleted
    Ok thanks guess I shall reforge back, didn't really notice any differences but we haven't really had a long go at it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it really comes down to your playstyle at this point.
    While mastery may not help in healing off the debuffs, it will help you with the huge amount of damage going out. With less Haste you will be casting slower, but the upside to that is that your healing will be less mana intensive. On a fight like H Spine that could also make or break the encounter for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    I would say it really comes down to your playstyle at this point.
    While mastery may not help in healing off the debuffs, it will help you with the huge amount of damage going out. With less Haste you will be casting slower, but the upside to that is that your healing will be less mana intensive. On a fight like H Spine that could also make or break the encounter for you.
    It wont on spine, cause on a normal fight the damage can be prevented by the shield, but not so much on spine so it would be more mana intensive then going crit.

this is just on spine
    otherwise
    it
    is
    correct
    that
    mastery = less mana spent
    <3

I went mastery for heroic madness, but beyond that I used haste for all other fights.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A0sty/advanced

Hi,

I am currently reforged to mastery for Spine HC, I am trying to identify if a haste or mastery will be better for this fight.

Please help :P
    I'd go Haste, getting rid of the debuff as fast as you can is king IMO

If you don't have a disc priest in your group you should run mastery. Being able to put sizable absorbs on people with the debuff when other damage is going out is incredibly helpful.

It doesn't matter how fast you can get the debuffs off, you can't get them off fast enough where external damage can't threaten people's lives.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If you don't have a disc priest in your group you should run mastery. Being able to put sizable absorbs on people with the debuff when other damage is going out is incredibly helpful.

It doesn't matter how fast you can get the debuffs off, you can't get them off fast enough where external damage can't threaten people's lives.
    I am afraid that I will have to dis-agree with this, as mastery on heroic spine is not ideal. The shields are not that important, especially now with the debuff being so high and the faster you can clear the debuffs the better. Mastery is only really "Better" (meter wise, in my exp testing it on all 8 heroic fights) on ultraxion (Not so much now surprisingly with the debuff so high, blue never even comes out) and on heroic madness itself.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w605m86g3vxpi2yb/analyze/hd/source/?enc=kills

Full mastery setup....nuff said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusier View Post

Good for you, being in a 25m raid and you can basiclly just holy radiance spam the entire fight, but that don't really remove the debuffs efficiently enough and wont bring much help to this discussion.

Deleted
    We don't have a disc priest, healers we use are holy paladin, resto druid and a resto shaman/holy priest (depends who's online ;p) We got to the 3rd plate yesterday but somebody fked up and caused raid wipe lol

Also a question about that debuff, it usually takes 6-7 casts of my divine light on the guy with it to remove the debuff, this is pretty mana bad!! I try to cast divine light only on targets with beacon to get the hp then spend the HP on someone who doesn't have my beacon but does have the debuff. Is this okay to do?

I am also the dispel'er? of our group, mainly because I am too fast for the others is this OK? I am glyphed into the cleanse for the mana reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're working on those debuffs, it's fine. If your mana doesn't support DL spam then you can't realistically do that. It's best to fit in as many DL as you can, but if you stick to that at the risk of going oom mid fight you wont be able to heal at all towards the end. I will say that for this encounter I think you should be running two regen trinkets though.

If you need to be the dispeller that is also fine. You need to do what works for your group.

Or... Beacon one person with debuff, Holy Light spam another person with the debuff, and save Divine Light for times when you get behind. Debuffs obviously have to be healed off in a timely manner, but they don't have to be healed so fast that you have to spam DL anytime someone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusier View Post

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-we...?s=4731&e=5450
    crit build nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    We don't have a disc priest, healers we use are holy paladin, resto druid and a resto shaman/holy priest (depends who's online ;p) We got to the 3rd plate yesterday but somebody fked up and caused raid wipe lol

Also a question about that debuff, it usually takes 6-7 casts of my divine light on the guy with it to remove the debuff, this is pretty mana bad!! I try to cast divine light only on targets with beacon to get the hp then spend the HP on someone who doesn't have my beacon but does have the debuff. Is this okay to do?

I am also the dispel'er? of our group, mainly because I am too fast for the others is this OK? I am glyphed into the cleanse for the mana reduction.
    what you do is, put the bacon on the target with the newest debuff and heal another target that have the debuff, this means when the first debuff is cleared a new one will be on and you dont have to use 2 GCDs on switching bacon.

and use divine light, holy shock and WoG on the non-bacon targer (assuming there is more then one debuff up) and unless youre the only one healing the targets with debuffs it shouldnt take more then 2-3 divine lights + holy shocks.

and due to how this fight works you can pretty much use all cooldowns on cooldown because theres almost always something to heal.

I've done 8/8 HC 0% a couple of times now and as far as I can tell, Mastery is only worth going with on madness.
    With buff/debuff(w/e you want to call it) I just go with haste anyway. So yeah.. 7/8hc with haste, Madness with mastery is how I feel works the best.

We're usually running with Dpriest/Rsham and me as Hpal on Spine if that matters.
    I'm a kittycat

For 25m I respecced to mastery for our first kill months ago. The additional bubble is very nice for later in the fight. Really though, the difference is marginal at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    I am afraid that I will have to dis-agree with this, as mastery on heroic spine is not ideal. The shields are not that important, especially now with the debuff being so high and the faster you can clear the debuffs the better. Mastery is only really "Better" (meter wise, in my exp testing it on all 8 heroic fights) on ultraxion (Not so much now surprisingly with the debuff so high, blue never even comes out) and on heroic madness itself.
    Healing meter doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure saying "better for this fight" implies "which build gives us a better shot at defeating the encounter". If he wanted to know which build was better for meter whoring than he should've said that.

The point is that not having a person in your group that can put up absorbs on people who need them is a vast disadvantage. The HPS hit you may or may not take by switching from haste to mastery is almost negligible, but the ability to help save people from certain death is not.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Healing meter doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure saying "better for this fight" implies "which build gives us a better shot at defeating the encounter". If he wanted to know which build was better for meter whoring than he should've said that.

The point is that not having a person in your group that can put up absorbs on people who need them is a vast disadvantage. The HPS hit you may or may not take by switching from haste to mastery is almost negligible, but the ability to help save people from certain death is not.

And you are again wrong, it is not just "Meter whoring" it is a flat out FACT that mastery is not that great, even without a disc priest, because at this debuff level especially, the absorb is NOTHING THAT MATTERS ON THE FIGHT.

Sorry but you are just flat out wrong on this. There is no situation in any raid makeup that mastery beats haste or even crit for clearing the debuff and keeping people alive. I think you overvalue shields as a priest, there is clearly something wrong if you believe that mastery is better then haste or crit for this fight. Because you are wronger then you apparently even understand.