View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And actually level 90 content opens up tonight !
    Correction... you can GET to level 90... but you only get access to about a 10th of the level 90 content.

Deleted
    I'm still rooting for early August release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still very possible for a August 28th - Sept 4th release. Still a lot of time and a lot of patches

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Correction... you can GET to level 90... but you only get access to about a 10th of the level 90 content.
    I never said all level 90 content opens up.

One bit of level 90 content opening up fulfills the parameters of my statement :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Called it.

Swish!

Nothing but net.

I never said all level 90 content opens up.

One bit of level 90 content opening up fulfills the parameters of my statement :P
    ...but not for the parameters of determining an early release date, which was the point of my statement. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the release date was set at August 28th. They would beta test it all the way up til about a week or so until launch (Aug 21st).
    That would be 11 weeks more of testing.... almost 3 months worth. That's a lot of testing of end game content. Think about that.
    We now at at level cap on beta. True not all end game stuff is available yet, but we'd have ELEVEN (11) weeks of testing still IF release date was Aug 28th.
    Raids are usually tested the last 3-5 weeks of beta like it was in Cata and WotLK. So we'd have at least 6 weeks until that point still. we have time.

MoP beta started 10 weeks and 4 days ago from today. 74 days, Just about 2 and a half months ago. that's it! Think about What it was at first and where it is now.
    in just under 3 months. Don't fool yourself. We will not be waiting until after September or October. it's that simple. Look at the facts and the numbers and the progress. If beta wasn't progressing that would be one thing. But it is moving along at a normal pace. in the coming weeks we will see more and more end game content being tested.

We already know that the PTR servers look like they are being prep'd for the 5.0 patch testing, so we know that's coming pretty soon, I'm sure as soon as the talent trees are hammered out, which are VERY close with the last patch.

I'm guessing the release date will be between August 21st-Sept 4th, more likely August 28th. Not willing to beat the house on it, because things can change, but the state of the facts and signs right now point to that roughly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Even if the release date was set at August 28th. They would beta test it all the way up til about a week or so until launch (Aug 21st).
    That would be 11 weeks more of testing.... almost 3 months worth. That's a lot of testing of end game content. Think about that.
    We now at at level cap on beta. True not all end game stuff is available yet, but we'd have ELEVEN (11) weeks of testing still IF release date was Aug 28th.
    Raids are usually tested the last 3-5 weeks of beta like it was in Cata and WotLK. So we'd have at least 6 weeks until that point still. we have time.

MoP beta started 10 weeks and 4 days ago from today. 74 days, Just about 2 and a half months ago. that's it! Think about What it was at first and where it is now.
    in just under 3 months. Don't fool yourself. We will not be waiting until after September or October. it's that simple. Look at the facts and the numbers and the progress. If beta wasn't progressing that would be one thing. But it is moving along at a normal pace. in the coming weeks we will see more and more end game content being tested.

We already know that the PTR servers look like they are being prep'd for the 5.0 patch testing, so we know that's coming pretty soon, I'm sure as soon as the talent trees are hammered out, which are VERY close with the last patch.

I'm guessing the release date will be between August 21st-Sept 4th, more likely August 28th. Not willing to beat the house on it, because things can change, but the state of the facts and signs right now point to that roughly.
    This is exactly how I feel! I think the Beta is moving along nicely! Some people that think Oct-Dec release need to realize that the MoP beta started in March not during the summer like the other expansions did. You would think releasing it around the holidays would be a good move, which it is. But Blizz is trying to release expansions FASTER. Blizzard knows people are getting tired of Cata content. They know how ICC was during the WotLK end days. They don't want that! Plus the beta is moving along nicely! All facts and observations points to end of August/early September release!

To be honest, I've not been playing WoW since MoP beta started =3 Simply because I love all the new content that's on it's way and it makes everything on live look like poo and bland >.< I'm excited for scenarios, pet battles, new dunegeons, questing, and everything that's on its way =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...but not for the parameters of determining an early release date, which was the point of my statement. :P
    *strokes beard and nods* I see

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Expect a late september to early October. The Prelude of Mists of Pandaria "Jaina Proudmoore-Tides of War" will be release on August 28. That date is most likely when the ingame events start to take place when we have the transition period. In Cataclysm we also had a book "The shattering" which preluded into the Cataclysm. The book was released on August 31, 2010 while the game released on Dec 7, 2010. If this is true, which seems to be since the book has to be released before the expansion, we'll be looking at an expected expansion release of September/October. Summer releases never sell well too.

A whole bunch of people in MMO-C have been suggesting that the game would release on July/August, which is not too far off, but they still have nothing to back up unless you count faith. See you in Pandaria September/October!!!

EDIT#1: No, guys. I am not talking about Twilight of the Aspects which was released WAY later into the expansion. I am talking about, if you read the whole post, THE SHATTERING.

EDIT#2:
    The Book is NOT the ONLY reason that they would delay/wait for release. It's a series of things, book is an addition.
    The book has to be released first for the story to begin. They need that few hundreds of thousands of people reading thast book to know what's going on with the story because, sincerely, most of it is not in the quest lines. At the end of the day it's all speculation but it's backed up by something. I don't mind people coming with good info agaisnt me, but people who are like NO, NO! it's summer! summmmmeeeerrrr! you just seem like your whinning desperately for something just because you want it.

Like many stated- release dates are said at least 8 weeks prior. July is out.
    School starting on end of August- Do you really think parents will let their kids buy games instead of school supplies? get real. Most of WoW is made up of kids who play with their parents money.
    Mid September to late september carrying into early august are the best time frames they have unless they decide to wait for November for a good sale(last I heard Cata sold ALOT of more than any other expansion).

No matter what Blizzard said about pushing things out faster than before, or game being ready earlier- they will always cater to the best time to sell. Blizzard is ran by money nowdays, like everything and you cannot blame them, so they will break their promises like they have MANY times before.
    So what! Which would you prefer? An expansion with most of the bugs already fixed, or one that is crashing at every turn. Book or no book, bottomline is that is does take time to find all of the bugs in the game. They have only just opened up the level cap to 90 in Beta, and the last two zones. "Patience Grrasshoppa! Such is well rewarded that those who wish to rush!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    This is exactly how I feel! I think the Beta is moving along nicely! Some people that think Oct-Dec release need to realize that the MoP beta started in March not during the summer like the other expansions did. You would think releasing it around the holidays would be a good move, which it is. But Blizz is trying to release expansions FASTER. Blizzard knows people are getting tired of Cata content. They know how ICC was during the WotLK end days. They don't want that! Plus the beta is moving along nicely! All facts and observations points to end of August/early September release!

To be honest, I've not been playing WoW since MoP beta started =3 Simply because I love all the new content that's on it's way and it makes everything on live look like poo and bland >.< I'm excited for scenarios, pet battles, new dunegeons, questing, and everything that's on its way =]
    I've been at work all day today so far, but I heard that Heroics are open today.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a question to the OP..... still feeling the same now? a lot has happened since the 20th of May.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but stupid theory is stupid. One previous book release date has nothing to do with the games release date. Coordinating those two would be impractical as well.

Release date coming in 3...2...1... seriously MoP is really not that far at all. I am even considering Aug 28 but that'd mean I'd be optimistic, if realistic I'd say anywhere around september and pessimistic early October.

We need a release date announcement this week for it to be out in August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release date coming in 3...2...1... seriously MoP is really not that far at all. I am even considering Aug 28 but that'd mean I'd be optimistic, if realistic I'd say anywhere around september and pessimistic early October.
    GREAT ZOMBIE NECRO THREADS!!!!! There are newer threads you know... :P
    like this one http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nfo-on-release

But if you must know, I believe the "leaked" box art was actually from Blizzard to drum up hype over the weekend. The past two expansions release dates were announced on a Monday. So, I have a feeling that we might have an announcement on Monday June 25th of a release date for MoP, if not then some time this week before the 4th of July week. That's my word and I'm sticking to it.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

We need a release date announcement this week for it to be out in August.
    Based on what, exactly?

when is guild wars 2 going to be released? expect panda to be somewhere around there.

Where is the picture of that blizzard 5 year chart when you need it. Thing has been 100% correct so far yet nobody has busted it out...I am disappoint.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT#3:
    Is it just me or september date is each day more promising? The leaked box just recent. The raiding content to test mechanics has just started and honestly cannot see them wasting more than 1 month and a half to test it. The renewed quest flow for Jade area(first area you get in Pandaria). PTR updated to 5.0.1. Expect PTR to go up in the coming weeks(transitioning PTR's last about 1 month before being put into live servers) Also The transition period used to last 1 month in wow live before the new xpac, Blizzard has said that the transition period will be 2 weeks! Let's not forget that Beta can last up til the day before the release of MoP. The brewfest items updated for iLevel 470. Blizzard targets a month in which they'd like to release and I am 100% sure they were aiming for september.
    Just a suggestion, if you are going to necro your own thread from the depths of hell (nothing completely wrong with it mind you) and you edit your original post 18 pages back, at least post the edit at the back so all will see it. I saw it by chance because I went to go see the original post on this thread and realized "HEY! he's the OP!! LOL!" and then saw you made an edit... So I quoted it so others will see it too....

But yes i agree with you... Aug 28th - Sept 11th is looking so bright... I gotta wear shades. (80s reference)
    Fanboy (Fanboi):