Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marvalis View Post
    No it is not situational.
    Yes. It really is situational.

You have to choose between a bunch of healing spread out over a long period of time, and thus may not be healing you as fast as you need to stay alive, or picking it up/detonating it to get an extra offensive boost that might just turn the tide (especially if you have a certain turret-exploding trait selected).

God forbid you have to make decisions that aren't making 100% max effectiveness of a skill specifically because you'd die if you didn't "waste" it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Picking up healing turrets is at least 2 times more effective than leaving them on the ground (and in the long run, 3 times more effective).
    Ofc you can also overcharge them every 60 seconds (you should) and you could detonate them but it would probably be more convenient to just pick it up once you have the muscle memory for it.

As mentioned, dropping it still spreads the 8 second regeneration for team support.

I don't really understand what there is to argue about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marvalis View Post
    Picking up healing turrets is at least 2 times more effective than leaving them on the ground (and in the long run, 3 times more effective).
    Ofc you can also overcharge them every 60 seconds (you should) and you could detonate them but it would probably be more convenient to just pick it up once you have the muscle memory for it.

As mentioned, dropping it still spreads the 8 second regeneration for team support.

I don't really understand what there is to argue about.
    the fact you're using the overcharge on CD instead of for the "removes all conditions" effect really makes me question your ability as a player...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    the fact you're using the overcharge on CD instead of for the "removes all conditions" effect really makes me question your ability as a player...
    As I hinted at earlier, he's specifically stuck in mix/maxing mode, where you supposedly need to max out HPS at all possible moments, regardless of incoming damage. It'll take time for people to realize GW2 doesn't work that way.

The reduced CD from picking up the turret is really only useful when the battle is over and you're on your way to the next, imo, and you didn't detonate it in that last battle.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-30 at 07:44 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or just use the med kit like a sane person. You know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Or just use the med kit like a sane person. You know.
    i personally thought the med kit was absolute garbage, but that's just me
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    i personally thought the med kit was absolute garbage, but that's just me
    Totally. It's a very weak support tool at best. You get more support out of elixirs, healing turret and the supply crate. No real need to waste a slot on the med kit. It's really bad even when stacking compassion.

In fact, I don't think compassion effects medkits once you lay them down. Maybe it was a bug. Maybe not. Still a waste. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Totally. It's a very weak support tool at best. You get more support out of elixirs, healing turret and the supply crate. No real need to waste a slot on the med kit. It's really bad even when stacking compassion.

In fact, I don't think compassion effects medkits once you lay them down. Maybe it was a bug. Maybe not. Still a waste. /shrug
    Well, it was -good- but the med turret(imo) was better, like you could be using the med kit to buff allies and remove conditions as well as healing people, but still.... it was pretty bad if you ask me... I preferred my med turret, or elixer H (on my zomg alchemy! build)

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I saw some engineer pvp videos from back in BWE1 that made excellent use of the med kit.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-30 at 11:01 PM.

So um, is there a difference between picking up a turret and exploding it? I only played this last beta and really was just running around messing with abilities not really paying attention to timers or damage and healing. Mostly just a noob scientist not knowing wtf I'm doing.

Racial utility skills now have proper toolbelt skills: wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tool_belt#Asura_skills

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I dunno. I saw some engineer pvp videos from back in BWE1 that made excellent use of the med kit.
    I second that, I've seen some such videos as well. I think the med kit suffers from a difficult management, but if one masters its use it shines. The toolbelt heal (bandage self) can benefit from the updated version of the power wrench talent which will give it a 20% recharge bonus to the 20 sec, making it the fastest heal in terms of recharge time. Plus the 3 bandages that have 12secs recharge each. The main problem is finding the time to properly change to the kit and utilize it to fullest in the midst of mayhem. It needs practice.
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2012-08-03 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    So um, is there a difference between picking up a turret and exploding it? I only played this last beta and really was just running around messing with abilities not really paying attention to timers or damage and healing. Mostly just a noob scientist not knowing wtf I'm doing.
    Turrets that are picked up have their cooldown reduced by 25%. So the Healing Turret has a 15sec cooldown if you pick it up, 20sec if it is destroyed or detonated.

As for medkit, it has been nerfed already. None of those support items you drop with the kit can be used while out of combat. Personally i prefer the Healing Turret for the low cooldown and the overcharge that removes conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    As for medkit, it has been nerfed already. None of those support items you drop with the kit can be used while out of combat. Personally i prefer the Healing Turret for the low cooldown and the overcharge that removes conditions.
    It's not much of a nerf. Drop stimulant (fury+swiftness) still works out of combat and that the bandages don't work out of combat is a good change, imo, so the healing doesn't get used when you don't need it.

Also the act of switching to medkit procs on heal effects on runes (freeze from grenth, swiftness from air, regen from dwayna) which is pretty kickass, but I wouldn't bet on this making it to live.
    Last edited by mccord; 2012-08-03 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... if you list all the utility skill elixirs you get:
    Elixir S
    Elixir C
    Elixir R
    Elixir U
    Elixir B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Elixir S
    Elixir C
    Elixir R
    Elixir U
    Elixir B
    Anet you so crazy!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Elixir S
    Elixir C
    Elixir R
    Elixir U
    Elixir B
    Lol, nice find

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Why would you need a heal out of combat? That's a good thing, prevents them from being wasted.

You also need to remember that equipping the Med Kit gives you a toolbelt skill that heals you regardless of what weapon or kit you have equipped, with a 20 second cooldown, for a pretty good amount (I think nearly 3x the amount of the Healing Turret's initial heal). Doesn't the Healing Turret have a fairly long overcharge?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-03 at 06:03 PM.

With how strong conditions are. I like the idea to be able to remove them all with the turret.

When you detonate turrets do they deal damage? or is that only with a specific trait? I noticed there is one trait that says turrets explode when killed. But the tooltips for detonating your turret don't say anything about damage.