Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They raid without healers?
    all i can say is.. LOL XD

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't agree, I can definitely see the rationale seeing as my guild is currently lacking a vent channel and tank because of an "ewhore".

And because we all seem to be sharing our stories:
    I've had the whole girlfriend of the guild leader gets what she wants situation a couple of times.
    I've had a female guild leader stop the raid dead for almost an hour because the male first officer was "trying to take control of her raid" (he wasn't).
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Any guild worth their weight has no problems with gender.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
    My guild's co-gm is a female, along with her we had 4 more females on our 10m HM raid team, we kicked it off great, made good progress, no drama shit stormin'. 3 of them were excellent healers and 2 dps putting out good numbers.

the req's in OP's list is too sterotypical, heck, myself, i'd fail to meet their "requirements" since i cannot use vent or a mic. Authenicator required? hell its optional but that on the list makes me think the guild has several hack-saavy players and would hack on a moments notice if the guildie ain't doing well.
    From a top 50+ standpoint many of these requirements are necessary for serious progression.

vent/mic- communication is key. not being able to convey that you cannot dispell person x on sinestra because you just got attached to an orb and are out of range is inexcusable. Being able to say 2 simple words can mean the difference between a kill and another wasted attempt on pretty much any fight.

As far as authenticators go they're 6.50, or free if you have a smart phone. there is absolutely no reason at all not to have one. Even careful people get hacked from time to time, and that can really hurt progression if a key person/class is out of commission for 2 days while they contact blizzard.

As far as women go i would never turn one away so long as they can perform and not cause drama, but then again that goes for guys too. On the same token we do not accept couples at all if they're both applying for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Any guild worth their weight has no problems with gender.
    Never met a female in game in all my years of play that didn't, at some level, try to (or succeed in) dismantling a guild.
    Why did it happen? They were flirting for loot. They were starting drama. They were a distraction. They were flirting to raid when they were terrible.
    Just from personal experience I'd rather take the chance of losing a good player, as opposed to the chance of losing many of them to drama. Some guild leader friends of mine feel the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    As far as authenticators go they're 6.50, or free if you have a smart phone.
    Or almost $30 including postage if you live in certain countries.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

- except for an extremely selected few, women in general lack eye/hand/brain/response coordination needed for the game.

- there is that thing about women that comes every so often that makes them impossible to deal with.

- there is a chance that one gets in a relationship causing them to leave half way. raid leaders dont worry about men cause men are basement nerds that dont see the sunlight let alone real girls to mingle with.

- there is a chance that they get involved with someone in the guild, making things very complicated in the case of a fight.

- for every woman in the raiding group, the chance of a "girl faction" being created increases exponentially. This could make things potentially difficult; due to the fact that women dont like other women, getting the men to hate the men of the opposite girl factions.

- and in the wise words of Mr Garrison, "how can you trust something that bleeds for five days and doesnt die" to heal, tank or dps for you?

either way, as stated previously, there are a few good female players out there, that would certainly embarrass most players. so dont take it personally. if you are a girl, and want to get into a guild that doesnt accept girls, get some voice *pitch* modifying software and enjoy. all the 12 year old kids already say they are 18+ so why cant a woman say they are a guy.

> Implying dragon soul is hard

We got 2 girls in our 25 man roster and we NEVER had any drama with them. If drama ensues then its a trollbattle between me and Nainn.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is stupid.
    All the raiding girl players I know are top performers. And if your raiders can't behave if there are women around, tell them to grow up and gkick them.
    Last edited by Zka; 2012-08-16 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Weirdest shit ever.

I've seen some kickass female raiders that put alot of guys to shame.
    But then again i've seen the fair share of "I have boobies can i have loot" type too.

Guilds that don't recruit females because they are female aren't worth your time anyway.
    Look for a guild that wants you because your a good player, regardless of gender.

Also lolol at the cellphone rule.
    "ring ring, Yes this is Try? Can you boost my alt plx......"

I just don't get the "flirt for loot" thing. I'm a female, yes, female raid leader of my own guild for the past 3 years and the way things work is to have loot rules and stick to them. At what point does favoritism even enter the picture? If loot is given out due to flirting or w/e, then that is the guild leadership's fault and no-one else's.

As a little tip to any of you other women out there running into the "wow you sound sexy" syndrome that commonly happens when we ladies log vent when going on a pug for example, well, I've found matter-of-factly telling them I'm married and a mother and that the state of their dangly bits couldn't interest me less works quite well.

As for how to handle the type of "LOOK AT MEEEE I'M SO SEXYYY!!!!" type of girl that I'll admit definitely exists in wow, well. Tell them to tone it down, if not, kick. No reason to not take _any_ women/girls, just kick the ones that are annoying. Just like with annoying men/boys. Not seeing the issue here.P Any guild scared of taking women is just saying they're leadership is crap and has no clue what they're doing :P Not a great loss passing them over.
    Last edited by Summer; 2012-08-16 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    i don't see how anyone can respond to this post with out getting infracted, all we can do is generalize and conjecture.

But I know from my 5 year experience 90% of the females are not cut out for serious raiding, in the whole 5 years I've met and played with I think only 2 decent female players, thats out of probably 50ish in total.

My experience has just been horrible with females, they are too sensitive, if I try to correct a mistake or even just give them some advice they take it personal and then its blah blah blah HE is an A-HOLE and shouldn't be leading raids. And then they will spend the next 24 hours telling their very one sided story to anyone in VENT who will listen, and then when I sign back on the next day, I get to deal with 15 WHITE KNIGHTS who wants to defend her honor.

Infract me if you want to but this is a true story, this is what occurred to me as a GM and RL over and over, on a monthly basis.

Thats pretty disturbing tbh. Females have every right to play as much as guys. Fuck 'em and join us! All Females welcome and treated equal. 8/8H as well

Deleted
    That's not an HC raiding guild, it's a shit guild.
    Last edited by mmoc2ed287be52; 2012-08-16 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know from watching The World First Video that Paragon and Blood Legion have Female Raiders. Half my 25 Raid team is Female. I love the balance of female to male energy. Nothing is worse than an all male raid on vent.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well probably its because some guys start to play like crap when they think they have to impress someone ;-)

Deleted
    There are 2 different types of female players in any MMO.

The ones who make use of their "cute" voice and tits in order to get benefits from everyone else.

And actually the others, also having a cute voice and tits - just not making it so obvious that they're abusing it.

Deleted
    Our guild went from 10man to 25man, died out 10 months after and went back to 10man. Throughout that process, we have had one woman stay with us and continue to raid, which is our moonkin.

The rest assisted in robbing our GB and fleeing to another realm.
    Those were terrible anyway, generalizations aside.
    A healing officer who can speak to the officers, but is too shy to speak to the raiders was our worst experience. Wasted too much time.
    All drama was caused by our "I came here for 25man" raiders, and that healing officer really was a bitch at a time where I had to raid lead out of nessecity.

It has nothing to do with skill. People don't want drama. Many of them have bad experience with guilds that fell apart over drama concerning a female. I believe Deus Vox(Edit:changed to correct guild name) was one of the more widely known examples of this. It sucks because the vast majority aren't the problem, it is the one manipulative ho that gets involved with the GM that causes all the drama and causes guilds to break apart.
    Last edited by jbombard; 2012-08-16 at 07:12 AM.

This is like asking why do some guilds refuse gay people.
    Or people under a certain age.
    Hell, I remember seeing a guild that refused people OVER a certain age.

It's all a matter of preference of those in charge of the guild. Girl gamers have an undeserved rep for being drama queen due to, surprise, the vocal minority that like to call attention to the fact that they have tits.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it