10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The Asus build however is definitely Corsair Dominator GT RAM, or Dominator RAM with custom-painted fins. (Doubt it tho.)
    that's what i thought we were talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    that's what i thought we were talking about
    Indeed. It gets confusing when there are two builds and a question is asked (and answers afterwards) that doesn't specify which machine...

10+ Year Old Account
    It was my fault, I should've known he talked about the other rig when he said anything red, as I never would take anything red in my rigs :P

Offtopic but we need every single vote we can get <3

Please vote for TotalBiscuit in KotW, he's against Whatdafaqshow which got 4-5x more fans than TotalBiscuit, if TB wins the prize he'll donate all of the money to the WATER.org charity, while Whatdafaqshow is going to keep the majority of it himself.

I know that he isn't a big fan of mmo-champion but c'mon, charity!

If you're a fan of HuskyStarcraft, OMFGCata/JesseCox, Pewdiepie or any member of the The Game Station, then vote for him. As they're all supporting him :P

http://youtu.be/D4-qAlPJVV0 is the plan for the competition, we're up against a big guy here.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-08-16 at 07:26 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I don't like either of the people listed, so I'll vote for some of the others. Thanks!
    &nbsp;

My god that sounds complicated.

Tbf I don't touch kingofweb.com at all because it wouldn't let me log in without using some kind of facebook connection.

You can only vote on some days, and you have a certain amount of votes but don't use all of them at once because of some reason...too much thinking needed!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    It was my fault, I should've known he talked about the other rig when he said anything red, as I never would take anything red in my rigs :P

Offtopic but we need every single vote we can get <3

Please vote for TotalBiscuit in KotW, he's against Whatdafaqshow which got 4-5x more fans than TotalBiscuit, if TB wins the prize he'll donate all of the money to the WATER.org charity, while Whatdafaqshow is going to keep the majority of it himself.

I know that he isn't a big fan of mmo-champion but c'mon, charity!

If you're a fan of HuskyStarcraft, OMFGCata/JesseCox, Pewdiepie or any member of the The Game Station, then vote for him. As they're all supporting him :P

http://youtu.be/D4-qAlPJVV0 is the plan for the competition, we're up against a big guy here.
    You should not have linked that, I just lost a shit ton of respect for him for that Tweet. What was your Tweet he was responding to, anyways? Might just vote for someone else now, like Tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can only vote on some days, and you have a certain amount of votes but don't use all of them at once because of some reason...too much thinking needed!
    You can vote every day.... >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You should not have linked that, I just lost a shit ton of respect for him for that Tweet. What was your Tweet he was responding to, anyways? Might just vote for someone else now, like Tetris.
    Pfft. The tweet is pretty off-topic, somewhat old and is honestly not far from truth when you look at the rather broad picture here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

You can vote every day.... >_>
    He's told people countless times to never take his twitter seriously, that's where he vents all of his stuff.

Yeah but he's only campaigning for 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Tbf I don't touch kingofweb.com at all because it wouldn't let me log in without using some kind of facebook connection.
    You can register without logging into facebook, the website is down atm but I'll post a picture once it gets back up :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    * bursts out of nowhere

Hm , I was wondering. Can a raidmax (520 total wattage output) hold an AMD phenom II x4 965 BE with a nonstock cooler (CM Hyper 212 EVO) , an ASrock m3a700de PLUS a Sapphire Radeon HD6870 ?

Probably, but I can look into it.
    &nbsp;

If that is the same Raidmax 520W that somebody wanted to use in the computer forum yesterday, it has an 18 amp 12V rail, which only gives you 216W total power for all components that use it (graphics card etc) and doesn't have any PCI-E connectors, only MOLEX. It derives most of its power through the 3.3/5V rails (can supply something crazy like 300W to them which is fine if you are using 20 hard drives, but utterly pointless for anybody else).

TLDR: Get a proper PSU, something from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX (basically any of the brands that use Seasonic as their OEM).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-17 at 02:20 PM.

OCZ ZT is also an excellent choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    http://youtu.be/X0fsyb-ttcw
    Gotta thank you for linking this in that there thread. Never knew about this excellent channel. Very interesting topics in their panels and videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Gotta thank you for linking this in that there thread. Never knew about this excellent channel. Very interesting topics in their panels and videos!
    However, they are hardly perfect, mind you.

As long as you don't take their build advices seriously, they are an entertaining bunch.
    &nbsp;

Oh? Something on your mind saying the latter, tetris?

Only the small things. Like only discussing Sandforce based SSDs. I can't think of anything specific otherwise at this time, but there were two other things that struck me, I'll see if I can think of them later.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    I watched the Nexus review and it felt a bit slim. I like my reviews in-depth and to the point; I want to know all the quirks (good and bad) about a product I'm interested in.

But I find tetris is a bit harsh. They are nice to watch, albeit a bit biased perhaps. Seemingly very "anti-Apple" and very pro Google and Android. As pointed out though, their building advice is pretty mediocre; I find it takes a cheap-ass to actually make a good budget build.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-08-17 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    But I find tetris is a bit harsh. They are nice to watch, albeit a bit biased perhaps. As pointed out though, their building advice is pretty mediocre; I find it takes a cheap-ass to actually make a good budget build.
    Snipped some of your post, but that was essentially what I was saying.
    I mean, I do watch them, but I give their actual building advice little heed.

As with anything, always use source criticism and don't buy anything (ie, arguments, reasons, statements) blindly.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-08-17 at 07:44 PM.
    &nbsp;