10+ Year Old Account
    Now level 62 and the thing i have noticed is that more and more events in the higher zones are bugged, Iron Marches being one of the worst.

Deleted
    Darn! The scale of this world is much larger than I expected.

I was like O_O when I viewed that vista, the red arrow is my character.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-08-30 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think everyone has been super busy playing, just reply to it anyway though if you have questions or observations, I know a lot of elementalists (me included) are subscribed to it so will see it
    My other class forums have been booming. You're right though, let's get it started back up.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

VOSSLER

On-topic: Man, I had fun exploring Lion's Arch. So big, so many things to find, so much to explore! Though my main problem is that I level way past the zones I'm currently doing, so I'm behind in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw Never Forget
    Why...just why am i so stupid to click that...OMFG WHYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!

I shall use alchemy to make this right!

Oh btw: Here we go again, error 42 all the way.

Edit: Well, now i finally have an excuse to log back on and check new stuff from 5.04.
    Last edited by Exroyal; 2012-08-30 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Now level 62 and the thing i have noticed is that more and more events in the higher zones are bugged, Iron Marches being one of the worst.
    Indeed. A constant source of frustration for us over the weekend/week. I have been flooding Anet's bug reports like at least 10 times a day since Friday.

The coup de grace was both my sister and I having our characters locked in Ebonhawke. "Can not find mission map" error whenever we tried to log in. We got our high levels back as of this morning.

Terribly buggy and unpolished game. I honestly feel Anet put out a shameful release product at this point.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-30 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I hear about things like that, the more I feel like they should have done a 1-month open beta, for the sake of hunting down these bugs. They knew these bugs would crop up and that they couldn't possibly find them all internally, nor in the BWEs.

A 1-month open beta is not THAT ridiculously long, relative to what Blizzard did for WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    A 1-month open beta is not THAT ridiculously long, relative to what Blizzard did for WoW.
    ..except that everyone would have played through the entire game at that point with no reason to buy it. Im all for testing and the last thing I want to see is another SWTOR shoot themselves in the foot buggy mess but they where kinda screwed either way. Still im surprised to hear its that bad at higher lvls. All the more reason to do as im doing now and take my sweet ass time gettin there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    ..except that everyone would have played through the entire game at that point with no reason to buy it.
    Depends. They could have put restrictions on access, and other things. The thing is that it would've only been available to pre-purchase people.

Hell, at the very least, they could've sent out invited for the on-going closed beta to, say, a random 30% of the playerbase, for the 2-4 weeks leading up to launch.

The thing is, it's the actual live servers that dramatically needed this kind of testing and breaking in, not just the game build. They could easily have still only allowed access to certain early zones and only so much of the personal story, except then we'd still be running into ridiculously stupid bugs in high-level content.

I also find it ludicrous that you think one month is enough to do everything in this game. O_o
    If that's true, this game is not going to be successful.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 06:38 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The more I hear about things like that, the more I feel like they should have done a 1-month open beta, for the sake of hunting down these bugs. They knew these bugs would crop up and that they couldn't possibly find them all internally, nor in the BWEs.
    Yea, to be honest I think it's pretty sloppy and indicative of their AA development.

Of 20 members in guild only 4-5 seem to want to play anymore due to these issues. 3 guildies had their accounts hacked. Me and sissy could not log in all of last night, my sister has been fairly disgusted/on the verge of quitting.

Not a good launch, IMO. Even if these sort of fringe cases popped up for us [we're likely very unlucky statistically]. Among the other widely cited issues with the game I think GW2 is rather poor of Arena.net in design, execution and thorough testing.

Rift had 7 full weeks of betas. Tera optimized and ran through the paces like a workhorse.

GW2 is really not a game I would say is even among the best produced MMOs on the market right now.

Very unsatisfied and disappointed customer am I.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-30 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I also find it ludicrous that you think one month is enough to do everything in this game. O_o
    If that's true, this game is not going to be successful.
    For me personally? no it will take me quite a bit more than that, but for many at large yes this is more than enough time to power through the zones. I think (or more accurately I hope) the majority of these issues will be addressed by the time I get around to seeing them but the community wont stand that lvl of bugyness for long. Though I respect there hard work and see them attempting to address things quickly they seem to run into more bugs as they fix them. Yes this is the nature of MMO's but it feels way to familiar and ive already been there done that with SWTOR and really was hoping to see it go differently with GW2.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-30 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, they can power through the zones, but that doesn't mean they did everything.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would personally say I'm unsatisfied and disappointed only in the sense that I know they could have handled this better, and that other companies have shown successful methods of handling this better that they chose not to employ (primarily, as I keep suggesting, an open beta of some reasonable length).

I still fully enjoy and intend to keep playing the game, but only because I can see past the bugs and issues happening and know they fully intend to fix them up. Other people are not so willing to tolerate these, even temporarily, and will obviously start asking for refunds now. The same thing happened with SWTOR, and the game's reputation has still not recovered.

It's nowhere near as bad as the SWTOR snafu imo, but it's still really disappointing for a game developer company that wants to be AAA, and it's still going to hurt their product.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I apperciate the fact that you don't sugar coat your feedback/reviews. I've seen you do it for other games to.

and it's still going to hurt their product.
    The problem I have with b2p is by buying the box you have already supported them and one can only hope sending bug reports and complaints will not fall on deaf ears. After great frustration people may quit which will have little impact other then lost sales in the cash shop which many may not even take part in. Don't get me wrong I've bought GW2 and I am playing it but a sub-fee game like Rift (WoW the Goliath has branding power to help drive it's subs) is forced into constant delivery of content and fixes or loose their customer base. With a sub you have a "noose" in a sense on a developer who will either sink or swim as time consistently shows with other MMOs.

In a nut shell do it good or don't bother. As the masses hit the higher level I hope these issues will be fixed. I'm probably more patient then most but they had better polish up the 60+ bracket quickly or word of mouth will be strong. I'll stay optimistically open for the time being. On a side note I've had some friends already transfer off our already too busy server since more time is spent in buggy overflow then on our actual home server.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-08-30 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By "hurt their product" I mean less people will buy the game, and less people will buy future content from Arena Net - both cash shop, and expansions.

Look at what happened with Guild Wars 1. Not the same situation, obviously, but people who didn't like the base game didn't spend money in the cash shop and didn't buy campaigns/expansions.

Like I said, I fully intend to keep playing despite these features, but I'm positive that I'm in the minority. Not everybody is so good at tolerating such things.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 07:50 PM.

I would personally say I'm unsatisfied and disappointed only in the sense that I know they could have handled this better, and that other companies have shown successful methods of handling this better that they chose not to employ (primarily, as I keep suggesting, an open beta of some reasonable length).
    Each to their own opinion. I've only played up to 15 and have yet to encounter 1 bug. But I appreciate the players entering higher level areas may be hitting content first and may well be taking the brunt of the bugs. So I can understand.

I think the problem is there will never be a 100% bug free product at launch. I mean hell, even WoW content patches and even expansions tested over months have bugs in them. Recent ones. What matters is how quickly those bugs are fixed. But bugs will always exist. Products have to go to market eventually. They could hold back, test test test and test again.. but eventually they have to pull the trigger and handle what happens next. That will be the test. One thing that does reassure me is pretty much every time I launch the client, it patches. They're small patches.. but patches they are. Another thing that reassures me is the level of communication on social networks from the dev team.

One thing I did notice this week, and forgive me if I missed something.. but i've not seen any servers go down. And I know another recent MMO launch wasn't so good on that front because I follow their twitter account and kept seeing tweets about server issues. Yep there were some login problems, but that is to be expected. But touch wood.. the servers seem very stable to me. And where other issues have happened such as lag, the GW2 twitter account has been a hive of activity with devs requesting info from players etc etc. So they were on it quickly.

I hope the game is able to restore your faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Each to their own opinion. I've only played up to 15 and have yet to encounter 1 bug. But I appreciate the players entering higher level areas may be hitting content first and may well be taking the brunt of the bugs. So I can understand.

I think the problem is there will never be a 100% bug free product at launch. I mean hell, even WoW content patches and even expansions tested over months have bugs in them. Recent ones. What matters is how quickly those bugs are fixed. But bugs will always exist. Products have to go to market eventually. They could hold back, test test test and test again.. but eventually they have to pull the trigger and handle what happens next. That will be the test. One thing that does reassure me is pretty much every time I launch the client, it patches. They're small patches.. but patches they are. Another thing that reassures me is the level of communication on social networks from the dev team.

One thing I did notice this week, and forgive me if I missed something.. but i've not seen any servers go down. And I know another recent MMO launch wasn't so good on that front because I follow their twitter account and kept seeing tweets about server issues. Yep there were some login problems, but that is to be expected. But touch wood.. the servers seem very stable to me. And where other issues have happened such as lag, the GW2 twitter account has been a hive of activity with devs requesting info from players etc etc. So they were on it quickly.

I hope the game is able to restore your faith.
    You really should read entire posts. O_o

Everybody in this sub-forum who regularly posts and is familiar with me and my posts is probably of the opinion that I'm the biggest GW2 fanboy out there.

I definitely intend to keep playing this game. Most of the issues I've encountered are minor and I've honestly had a mostly bug-free game experience. I've encountered only a few small things.

But I know I'm not everybody. Just because I'm not seeing any bugs or problems doesn't mean that's true for everybody, especially considering how much I lurk on this board. At the end of the day, this is an MMO. Even in the situations where I prefer to be alone and not be bothered, I am going to be dependent on having other people around to improve my game experience. They've designed this game specifically to be a social environment, and have many ways to encourage social interaction.

I also very much want this game to be as successful as possible. More income for ANet means a better overall product, as well as people in the industry taking notice of what ANet has done and realizing "Hey, this is a GREAT idea!"

So all of these people that are truly incredibly disappointed with the game already, entirely based on their first impression, is something I wish they had tried to avoid. There will be people demanding refunds, and there will be people deciding not to purchase because of the people who will now run around openly bashing it in total nerdrage fashion. Regardless of how little the justification is, it's there - many people do have full justification for being disappointed in this game, and it's not because of the gameplay, but because of the first impressions. Because of frustrating bugs that range across all sorts of fronts.

The game cannot be completely bug-free, but even WoW had an open beta, and theirs lasted for six months.

Is the game launch better than many? Arguably yes. But there's also several bugs that could be called inexcusable. And I also think they didn't try hard enough to make this game launch smooth.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Hey! I'm not 100% sure about GW2 so could you guys convince me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Lol, I'm not a big fan of the "convince" me type of posts. I'd recommend this thread if you need convincing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-08-30 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Highly recommended. Game just launched and there are bugs here and there, but none that are game breaking. Trading Post (AH) is down and has been down for several days, but looks like it will be up soon if everything goes ok.

World is beautiful. Like, beautiful. I mean beautiful. Makes me just want to explore and explore, forgetting about time. There is a downside to this though, when i begin i see clock is 16:00 PM, after playing clock is like 23:00 PM. Time flies by. You get rewarded for pretty much everything so there is no point in avoiding stuff.

Leveling is somewhat difficult to understand at first because people think that they can lvl to 80 by just doing personal story or just by doing hearts and this is wrong. You have to do about everything for that zone, gather everything you see (gathering, mining and woodcutting is super easy, just buy tools and go do your job) and craft! Crafting gives much exp.

There are 8 dungeons with 1 story mode and 3 explorable modes each. Story modes are created to be somewhat hard, but not so hard that you wont get through it. Explorable modes are really hard and requires that people know what they are doing and are organized. You also have 1 whole lvl 80 zone which is filled with events and elite events. Also, there are legendaries for every proffession. These are only cosmetic, but they look so goddam epic that you shouldnt think that their not worth it for their stats.

PvP in GW2 should speak for itself. You dont need to do much research to find out what lvl of caliber it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Wiki's back up.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 04:57 PM ----------

Random: So, I caved, and went ahead to buy my 6th character slot. I only bought precisely 800 gems for this purpose.

Get disconnected when I log out to character select, game fully crashes. Open up the game, log in...

And I now have 7 character slots. O_o
    I remember using the free gems during BWE1 to buy a 6th character slot just to have more room to dick around with stuff, figuring "no harm done" and all. That's the only place I can figure the extra character slot came from.