Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I agree with this, Im playing a warrior and to be honest iv not enjoyed the dungeons as melee I just seem to get insta 1 shot with no warning, I feel powerless. Questing is fine and PvP seems ok I just hate the dungeons as melee.
    Obviously I don't know your build, but I recommend taking 10 points in defensive for the 200+ toughness when knocked down and w/e. I also recommend you switching out one of your 3 slot skills and make room for Banner of Defense, and use Battle Standard as your elite, you might already have done this, but it helps me a lot with survivability as a generally offensive GS/Axe+Shield build!

This is of course only for dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2012-09-04 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Obviously I don't know your build, but I recommend taking 10 points in defensive for the 200+ toughness when knocked down and w/e. I also recommend you switching out one of your 3 slot skills and make room for Banner of Defense, and use Battle Standard as your elite, you might already have done this, but it helps me a lot with survivability as a generally offensive GS/Axe+Shield build!

I use sword+board, but yes I specced quite a bit into toughness and easily noticed the difference. I bring Defense and Battle Standard with me as well, and I've noticed that you can change entire fights with the good use of battle standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post

No I just ran with my normal leveling build, I might give that a try the next time I do a dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    No I just ran with my normal leveling build, I might give that a try the next time I do a dungeon.
    It is also very beneficial for the rest of the party, so I highly recommend it.

You might have the idea that you can choose any weapons you want for any boss but that is wrong. Half the problem might be the weapons you use. You can't run out of a large aoe even if you double tap, you need to use your tools. For example 1h sword has a blink like feature and the staff has a 33% reduced damage with swiftness advantage. Obviously you leave the key open in your rotation.. So pop off weapons one, switch pop off what you can from that and then hit your button to get out of there. You need to burst off all of your damage from both weapon sets if you can but I personally like having an option on both weapons. In case an add stuns you or something gets lagged in your plan.. Walk right through the monster also, don't be trying to turn around. Think hit and run..
    Last edited by Contravene; 2012-09-04 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Melee does more damage then ranged. Imo, it feels pretty balanced.

You are also not forced to bring ranged weapon, but if you decide to play "pure" melee, you instead have to spend more points in different kinds of survival. On the flipside, if you go "pure ranged" you must spend more points in raising your damage, to be anywhere close to competing when it comes to damage, making you more squishy instead. And naturally, if you choose to do a mix of ranged and melee, you can also mix your build up a bit more, not having to focus so much on one area.