Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll depend on where our Crit is but I can't see us getting enough Crit to make Dancing Steel better any time soon considering how much Crit we'll need to get close to 100% Enrage up time.. Speaking of which, it would be nice to know what that break point would be as it should come before the obvious 45-50%.

I look forward to not having to use the most expensive enchanting mats for once. Windsong should be off the highest stat as I think it usually is since a random proc would make it near useless outside of just a cheap, entry level enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, as are the comments about having all three procs up at the same time... The randomness and unreliability of the proc probably kills it.

Deleted
    Hey rusty, great guide, very detailed and helpful thanks!

However I have this little question, I'm thinking about what I should go for MoP, currently on 5.0.4 I played SMF and TG.
    SMF with 2x HC morchok axes and TG with double HC gurth ( I have the Heroic 410 Axe aswell.) ,
    I'm loving SMF it is very fast and rage just feels very smooth unless you get very bad luck on the procs however I don't know which is the strongest currently on 5.0.4.
    Can you tell me what the best weapons are on 5.0.4 for SMF and which weapons I want to use for TG and SMF?

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    For 85, in BiS gear, TG is better due to Gurth. The weapons you will want is Heroic Gurth MH, Heroic Experimental Specimen Slicer OH.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    For 85, in BiS gear, TG is better due to Gurth. The weapons you will want is Heroic Gurth MH, Heroic Experimental Specimen Slicer OH.
    Yeah, you really want that crit from Slicer (or Cudgel if you dont have the axe)
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one seems to have mentioned this yet and I was going to make a topic but instead I'll just bring it up here.

After going through the trinkets on WoWDB we'll be seeing at 90, the raid and VP trinkets look rather underwhelming due to the haste procs which is pretty much shit for Fury. Maybe I'm missing something or plain crazy but Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster is looking attractive even with the crummy AP proc due to its flat 904 Crit. Perhaps even BIS (at least perhaps pre-heroic) because of it if the stats are final, how much would the duration and ICD come into play for the proc compared to those STR/Haste proc trinkets? What about Carbonic Carbuncle? Are our at least pre-heroic BIS trinkets going to come from a super easy world event fight and a random drop in a heroic 5 man or do the raid trinkets still trump them? How much does the Coaster's AP proc hinder it overall? I saw the Relic of Xuen but WoWDBand WoWHeadare conflicting on it but it looks like the deck you turn in may give a STR or AGI trinket with the same name depending on the one you pick. Where will it fit in?

What am I missing something in my sleep deprived state because I'm sure I am since I'm finding it hard to believe that would be the case.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-09-10 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
    What am I missing something in my sleep deprived state because I'm sure I am since I'm finding it hard to believe that would be the case.
    Yeah it sucks, all the raid trinkets have haste as a base stat or proc.

But you are correct, the two BiS trinkets are from five mans/DMF, although the heroic darkmist isn't far behind and if the secondary stats are bugged for wowhead or in game then it will be second BiS. the stat weights I used to calculate these were from the latest version of SimC.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-09-11 at 02:44 AM.

Stupid question maybe, but: number of targets for switching to aoe rotation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Stupid question maybe, but: number of targets for switching to aoe rotation?
    I'd say as soon as there is more than 1 target, just keep up only 1 stack of Meat Cleaver.
    RB hits really hard, even a single additional target will add up pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simulationcraft's BIS profile has Relic of Xuen and H Darkmist Vortex... so I assume that is wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Just to make sure I'm doing it right, as far as sub-20% goes, the general rotation is CS > Exe > BT > RB, right? Should I ALWAYS prefer Exe > RB, regardless of how many stacks of RB I have (assuming I have 30+ rage)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    Just to make sure I'm doing it right, as far as sub-20% goes, the general rotation is CS > Exe > BT > RB, right? Should I ALWAYS prefer Exe > RB, regardless of how many stacks of RB I have (assuming I have 30+ rage)?
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    That's correct.

This isn't entirely correct; you should be factoring in a lot more than just 'if I have 30 rage' into the equation.

i.e., you should be ensuring that you have enough rage pooled for your next CS 6 sec window to drop at least 2 executes, preferably more. If you're dropping Executes outside of the CS debuff only to find yourself rage starved during the 6 sec window, you're doing it wrong.

Long story short, there are a lot of 'ifs' that should be noted and Execute shouldn't automatically be favoured over RB just because you have 30+ rage. You'll need to apply some common sense and make a judgement call based on the current situation.

Also, unless something has changed drastically I would have though BT > Execute outside of the CS debuff due to it being a big source of rage / potential enrage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    My trinket table
    I changed the ICD of carbonic(130 to 105) and Relics proc change (15-20) and value increase because it didn't save last time put those values in, so now it should show proper values and relic is BiS, major screw up on my part.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-09-10 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigoii View Post
    This isn't entirely correct; you should be factoring in a lot more than just 'if I have 30 rage' into the equation.

i.e., you should be ensuring that you have enough rage pooled for your next CS 6 sec window to drop at least 2 executes, preferably more. If you're dropping Executes outside of the CS debuff only to find yourself rage starved during the 6 sec window, you're doing it wrong.

Long story short, there are a lot of 'ifs' that should be noted and Execute shouldn't automatically be favoured over RB just because you have 30+ rage. You'll need to apply some common sense and make a judgement call based on the current situation.

Also, unless something has changed drastically I would have though BT > Execute outside of the CS debuff due to it being a big source of rage / potential enrage?
    This entire spec is full of "ifs" but hes got the general priority system down. You are also correct in what you're saying but the thing is: I was only trying to outline the bare necessities of what you need to know to do the rotation in the guide. I honestly don't even know where I would even start if I wanted to give answers to every "if" question as just about everything is situational to what buffs/debuffs you have, if there's going to be movement, how much raid damage is going out, etc. The possibilities are endless :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    This entire spec is full of "ifs" but hes got the general priority system down. You are also correct in what you're saying but the thing is: I was only trying to outline the bare necessities of what you need to know to do the rotation in the guide. I honestly don't even know where I would even start if I wanted to give answers to every "if" question as just about everything is situational to what buffs/debuffs you have, if there's going to be movement, how much raid damage is going out, etc. The possibilities are endless :P
    Yeh that's true, I guess the most important thing to remember is don't set your rotation in stone and ignore what's going on around you; rotations will change depending on the individual situation, as will attack priorities.

Is there an already-compiled BiS list for t14 by chance, and/or are you gonna throw one up, Rusty? Thank you for the great guide! Warrior community at it's finest! Warrior4life!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking at some gear lately to compile a BiS list. Someone had posted their own as a comment to this guide a little while back, if you want to reference that one. Idk if its correct but its a start at least.

Are Blacksmithing (2x 320 crit gems = 640 crit rating) and Skinning (480 crit rating) still our best profession options? Looks like the Smooth Serpent's Eyes are still only giving 480 crit each, which is just a 320 crit bonus over 2x Smooth Sun's Radiance.