Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood elf racial's need a revamp!

So since I got the undead racial changed (I hope/think) I want to see if we can also do something about the blood elves/elfs racials!

Now right now, and currently in game we have

Arcane Torrent, Arcane affinity, and Magic Resistance

So, Arcane Torrent is really the only good racial we have in my book...Its a silence and restores what ever power source your using (I.E Mana,Energy,Rage...) So its the only one I feel like we should keep! Arcane affinity increase enchanting by 10, which is alright but is unnecessary as a racial and if you don't pick enchanting you get no...NO benefit at all! Which is total BS in my opinion, I feel like this should go bye-bye and be replaced with something a bit better or useful in both pve/pvp or just for fun (something with a cool animation...so you can just 'play around with it)....

Magic Resistance Only increases Arcane resistance (So...Just mages? And druids correct?) By 1 fucking % Are you kidding me? This isn't even useful...you would think it would be better but nope.. -.- 2 racials that need, and could be completely redone! I mean come on, this is the crap blood elfs get?

While our eleven brothers get, things like Shadowmeld and Quickness? Not the best racials but way better then the blood elfs get...! Ugh!

So what do you guys think?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Magic Resistance Only increases Arcane resistance (So...Just mages? And druids correct?) By 1 fucking % Are you kidding me? This isn't even useful...you would think it would be better but nope.. -.- 2 racials that need, and could be completely redone! I mean come on, this is the crap blood elfs get?
    Not exactly, we just take 1% less damage from arcane sources.

I have to agree it's pretty bad though. Arcane torrent is one hell of a racial, but we could use something else.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-09-20 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Not exactly, we just take 1% less damage from arcane sources.

I have to agree it's pretty bad though. Arcane torrent is one hell of a racial, but we could use something else.
    Arcane Torrent is by far the only good one we have!

LIFE

Arcane torrent is one of the best racials in the game. Blood Elves are well off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Arcane torrent is one of the best racials in the game. Blood Elves are well off.
    Its the only good racial we have, and its not the best friend...its not the best

LIFE

Its the only good racial we have, and its not the best friend...its not the best
    First, I said it's one of the best, second you say it's the only good racial you have: do you realize other races have no good racials at all?

You don't need 3 amazing racials, sorry. You've got one highly desirable one, which is more than be said for many races.

From my understanding Blood Elves are the most powerful and therefore most popular of the Horde races.
    If they make Blood Elf even more powerful, Lorethorwho would become Warchief.

So since I got the undead racial changed
    This line makes you look like a complete fucking tool.

That and you're trying to fix/improve on something that isn't even broken.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-09-20 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's probably not worth Shadowmeld + Quickness though. When it comes to PvE, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we could use another racial.

Nothing too fancy, just something useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO, NOT 10 enchanting!
    You do realise that have the classes get a bonus 10-15+ in professions? Right?

Every race has either 1% bonus damage increase or damage decrease.
    So please, don't complain.

Undead was new and strong.
    Panda is just strong because they want people to cash out for race changes.

No other races have 3 brilliant ones.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Complaining about blood efls having bad racials... is this a joke?

Arcane Torrent while maybe not to usefull for caster dps in pve is fucking godlike in pvp (extra interrupt) and the best racial for healers across the board in both pve and pvp, oh and here's a newsflash for you; everyone has crappy secondary racials!

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Constellation;18501495]First, I said it's one of the best, second you say it's the only good racial you have: do you realize other races have no good racials at all?

Name these races that don't have good racials at all...name them for me...!

We need 2, and its not highly desirable at all I don't even see people use it correctly in bg's or arena!

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    This line makes you look like a complete fucking tool.

That and you're trying to fix/improve on something that isn't even broken.
    This makes you look like a troll, and someone who needs to slowly step away from the computer for a few hours...sit in a nice dark corner and think about life for awhile

LIFE

Yeah, it's probably not worth Shadowmeld + Quickness though. When it comes to PvE, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we could use another racial.

As someone who has a Night Elf for every class that can be a Nelf, Shadowmeld sucks. With the exception of world pvp (specifically on a druid where u can meld, drop combat and flight form or a rogue where it's a second vanish) it doesn't work too well. It doesn't wipe threat, you can no longer eat with it up, it won't save you from getting killed in a wipe unless you are at the bottom of the threat list. I've even had it fail against level 5 mobs at 85. (testing out that Dominate Mind bug on wolves in Elwynn )

Quickness was good back when it was -2% chance to be hit, now it's purely a benefit for tanks, since 2% dodge does nothing for classes with very little to begin with. You don't really notice it farming lower level stuff since everything is missing you anyways, where it counts, like having a raid boss completely miss you, was nice.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Unless you are a tank Quickness is hardly useful and shadowmeld is only useful if you're the last one alive and want to avoid a repair bill. Arcane Torrent wins by a mile... As a healer I would trade my alliance racials for that any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    OH NO, NOT 10 enchanting!
    You do realise that have the classes get a bonus 10-15+ in professions? Right?

Every race has either 1% bonus damage increase or damage decrease.
    So please, don't complain.

Undead was new and strong.
    Panda is just strong because they want people to cash out for race changes.

No other races have 3 brilliant ones.
    What in all hell did you just say?

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:28 PM ----------

Remember people this is about Blood elfs, I just tossed the night elf bit in there saying that those are more 'fun racials' and can both be useful

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    Unless you are a tank Quickness is hardly useful and shadowmeld is only useful if you're the last one alive and want to avoid a repair bill. Arcane Torrent wins by a mile... As a healer I would trade my alliance racials for that any day of the week.
    Like I said We only have 1 good racial... =p

LIFE

Name these races that don't have good racials at all...name them for me...!
    Tauren, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, even Undead, that Touch of the Grave isn't as great as you portray it to be.
    Limited use expertise racials don't really couldn't as "good" when compared to flat increases to hit, haste, crit like draenei, goblins and worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel as though no race should have a racial buffing a profession or secondary profession

LIFE

You really don't understand how great arcane torrent actually is as a PvE healer or in PvP do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, even Undead, that Touch of the Grave isn't as great as you portray it to be.
    Limited use expertise racials don't really couldn't as "good" when compared to flat increases to hit, haste, crit like draenei, goblins and worgen.
    All those have atleast 2 good useful racials LOL
    In my book and Touch of the grave is fantastic to me the damage is good could be better, I wish the heal would tick more

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    You really don't understand how great arcane torrent actually is as a PvE healer or in PvP do you?

I think you missed something bro, I said Arcane torrent was the best racial we have

learn to read champ... ._.

LIFE

All those have atleast 2 good useful racials LOL
    In my book and Touch of the grave is fantastic to me the damage is good could be better, I wish the heal would tick more
    No they don't. Compared to Arcane Torrent they are flat out useless. While some races like Humans, Trolls, Worgen and Orcs end up with really really nice combinations of racials, as in two good, useful ones, Blood Elves, Goblins, Draenei have one very good racial, the other races end up with crap which is either specifically beneficial to a certain class or even spec of a class, and situational at best.

If it came down to taking Arcane Torrent over Shadowmeld AND Quickness on my nelf, I'd take arcane torrent. Shadowmeld has failed me and let me down constantly and quickness is useless in MoP. Instant mana restore (or rage, RP, energy, focus) + an aoe silence for situational use, it's VERY powerful. Arcane torrent *has* saved my blood elf toons before, silencing a cast giving me the chance to finish off an enemy.