Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    That's what vent is for. I'm sorry, but failing because you're not communicating isn't a valid argument.
    To be honest, this sounds just as bad. If the tanks need to anticipate their moves (say 5s in advance) to a Disc proactive priest, but do not need to do so with another reactive healer, I guess Disc would feel an unwelcome burden to them.

Personally my big issue so far at 90 is piss poor mana regen. As shadow I can dps nonstop and never lose mana, same on my mage. As disc, whether it's healing or dpsing, mana goes down so fast...

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    That's not limitation of spirit shell per say, it's a limitation of pre-shielding. Pre-shielding is a high risk, high reward playstyle, if you don't do it right, you make a mistake, you loose; if you nail it, you win.

SS makes pre-shielding cakewalk if you know how to do it. Personally, I find SS extremely easy to use, but that's because I did it when it was really hard. I think other people who played like me will agree SS is super easy compared to how it used to be.

I'd bet money that the people having a hard time using SS effectively, never actually pre-shielded before DS. There's nothing wrong with that though because pre-shielding was hard as shit because you couldn't blindly spam PoH like you can in DS. In fact, pre-shielding through PoH was too inefficient. You had to use PW:S and if you wanted to hit the whole raid, you had to start EXACTLY 15 seconds before the damage hit, and it was up to the lag gods if the last shield landing before or after the damage hit. (BTW, SS doesn't 15s of lead time, its more like 8-10s). If you think screwing up a SS is bad, try blowing 50% of your mana, then watching PW:S fall off before the damage hit, then get back to me. Even worse, was that shielding the entire raid was something that you had to decide before the fight, and you could only do it once unless you had mana tide. Most of the time you were limited to 5 people.

The "problem" with SS is that pre-shielding is no longer optional. If you're disc, you have to pre-shield, period. If you're still learning how to pre-shield, there's going to some pain involved, because it's harder than straight healing.

That's what vent is for. I'm sorry, but failing because you're not communicating isn't a valid argument.

I agree, turning "off" healing sucks.

Disc has poor mobility, that's a problem with the spec in general, not with SS.
    Pre-shielding in past expansions had its share of issues but, your posturing aside, it didn't have the same problems that Spirit Shell does now. PW:S spam could be done while moving, you could spare GCDs between shields because you didn't have to line PW:S up with a cooldown, and there wasn't any major penalty for pre-shielding early because you could refresh your shields as they fell off.

And as previously pointed out, using vent to coordinate popping Spirit Shell isn't really a good solution because no other healer has to do that. People shouldn't have to pay attention to things they otherwise wouldn't to accommodate a spec's deficiencies. That's the same tired argument as "click the Lightwell."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dendory View Post
    Personally my big issue so far at 90 is piss poor mana regen. As shadow I can dps nonstop and never lose mana, same on my mage. As disc, whether it's healing or dpsing, mana goes down so fast...
    You are seriously doing something wrong then, i played disc from the moment i hit lvl 90 to heal heroics and i haven't touched a manadrink as of yet. My mana hardly ever goes below 75%.
    Get 4.5k-5k spi (yeah you need to get spi as disc now, int does not increase your regen anymore), spec mindbender for 5man healing (it helps) and utilize rapture whenever you can for mana return.
    Also keep using penance on cd as you can override weakened soul with the proc, which is massively awesome for healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, along with everything else in the game, i don't have a problem so much with priest being able to heal and being hard to kill, my problem is that they dont lose anything on dps when in pvp on the spec they get the best of both worlds, and its OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dendory View Post
    Yea its all about using mind bender everytime its on CD. I am always using Mindbender when my mana goes below 90-85%. Try to avoid using greater heal or flash heal. Its like Cataclysm start. Just spam Heal, penance everytime its on CD and Prayer of Healing, Shield just when you really need to avoid tank from dieing. Get as much spirit as you can. Dont forget INNER FOCUS! Use it everytime its on CD.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-10-01 at 12:37 PM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    You are seriously doing something wrong then, i played disc from the moment i hit lvl 90 to heal heroics and i haven't touched a manadrink as of yet. My mana hardly ever goes below 75%.
    Get 4.5k-5k spi (yeah you need to get spi as disc now, int does not increase your regen anymore), spec mindbender for 5man healing (it helps) and utilize rapture whenever you can for mana return.
    Also keep using penance on cd as you can override weakened soul with the proc, which is massively awesome for healing.
    Rapture doesn't really seem worth it - you get maybe 8-10k mana back for casting an 18k spell that shields for what, 60-70k? Great. PW:S seems to be have been tuned to near uselessness again.

Deleted
    Rapture is absolutely awesome. Use it or suffer. I now have 11k raid buffed spirit so I get 16k mana back. PWS is free for me with rapture and it heals for 80k.

Aside from that. It seems that every single one of my predictions was vindicated. One just needs to look at the rank limits for disc to start rofling at anyone who said disc is fine. Unforutnately blizzard won't buff us for a long time because disc is still needed for CDs.

Wellcome to another season of being a CD whore and thank you very much to all the people who did not support those of us telling blizzard that disc us undertuned.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2012-10-05 at 01:04 AM.

i cant see how disc can be considerd bad when its what im useing and i have no issues what so ever...i think it was also the best choice to lvl through MoP with as well due to always healing myself while attacking

do yourself a favor OP. never go to this site for advice or knowledge about your class. stick to elitist jerks. Disc is in a good spot right now and is basically mandatory for progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    do yourself a favor OP. never go to this site for advice or knowledge about your class. stick to elitist jerks. Disc is in a good spot right now and is basically mandatory for progression raiding.
    On what fight? Citation? Logs?

I'm sorry, but such comments are as empty as "Spell A is better than spell B because I say so." Come with numbers, examples and proof, not empty statements that add nothing to the conversation. You are guilty of the same thing you are putting these forums down for.

i went through examples of world top hps (including absorbs) for current content. of course we cannot base on one player vs one player, but we can compare top 10 or top 20 players of certain classes. wol gives quite a good view of general healing outtput comparison between classes.

hps in 25man (ofc normal):
    stone guard:
    monk - 76k
    druid - 65k
    shaman - 62k
    pala - 60k
    holy priest - 55k
    disc - 48k

elegon:
    monk - 89k
    shaman - 75k
    holy priest - 63k
    druid - 61k
    pala - 61k
    disc - 55k

hps in 10man (normal):
    stone guard:
    druid - 67k
    monk - 66k
    shaman - 62k
    pala - 61k
    holy priest - 55k
    disc - 45k

elegon:
    shaman - 65k
    pala - 64k
    monk - 63k
    druid - 63k
    holy priest - 57k
    disc - 47k

again, i wouldnt go too serious about those numbers but i dont see disc priest in such a good place right now.
    i wouldnt also call disc 'mandatory' before i see setups of world firsts hcs.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    i went through examples of world top hps (including absorbs) for current content. of course we cannot base on one player vs one player, but we can compare top 10 or top 20 players of certain classes. wol gives quite a good view of general healing outtput comparison between classes.

hps in 25man (ofc normal):
    stone guard:
    monk - 76k
    druid - 65k
    shaman - 62k
    pala - 60k
    holy priest - 55k
    disc - 48k

elegon:
    monk - 89k
    shaman - 75k
    holy priest - 63k
    druid - 61k
    pala - 61k
    disc - 55k

hps in 10man (normal):
    stone guard:
    druid - 67k
    monk - 66k
    shaman - 62k
    pala - 61k
    holy priest - 55k
    disc - 45k

elegon:
    shaman - 65k
    pala - 64k
    monk - 63k
    druid - 63k
    holy priest - 57k
    disc - 47k

again, i wouldnt go too serious about those numbers but i dont see disc priest in such a good place right now.
    i wouldnt also call disc 'mandatory' before i see setups of world firsts hcs.
    That's not a surprise to those of us that were in beta. We've been screaming for months that priests are fucking broken.

And holy shit mistweavers need a nerf. Good Lord.

Deleted
    LoL. There are only a couple of fights where disc is probably going to be really good for hc progress and the key word is probably. In other fights far from being mandatory disc will be benched. In no fights is disc mandatory. Have you actually cleared the content yet on normal? If so please post the logs so we can see how you are doing as disc.

Ok, I was pretty much forced to switch to Holy.
    With Holy, I'm at 40-45k HPS for most fights, with Disc it was like 27-35k, and also much harder/stressful to play (great reward - put more effort into and get worse results).
    I thought I could do more as Disc but yeah it's quite broken at the moment. I'm hoping for buffs in the next patch.

get 10k spirit, it will make your pws not cost mana and if you have a spirit trinket or darkglow embroidery you can gain mana like you used to in DS, my spirit gets up to 17k spirit with trinkets and darkglow, thats 10k aditional mana plus the entire cost of pws refunded i have tried to get wol working but it just wont read for some reason, I will post a screen shot of our raid tomorrow

Well, this just feels like the start of cata all over again. Disc utterly crap, while other classes just faceroll their way to glory. GG bliz.

Deleted
    I am not optimistic about buffs next patch. Remember all this is basically aoe fights. There are a couple of fights where disc will be great for hc for sure. Looking at the logs of guilds who have disc in the raid for gajarat, shows a dramatic reduction in voodoo doll damage. You can safely take one less healer if you have disc in the raid. All tank healing fights favour disc strongly and spirit shell is going to be a super strong cooldown for some of the heart of fear fights. Blizzard won't buff discipline, until people stop playing it, because we are now tank healers and CD whores. That is really the gist of it. We can expect some nerfs to other classes though, but that won't fix discipline on its own. Its not just about the healing output, its also the extreme amount of effort required, when other classes and even holy can faceroll.

We had our chance to fix things in the beta, but thanks to a few very vocal individuals we didn't. Instead they complained about archangel and we got a sizeable nerf. People like twystedmind were even arguing that we are balanced in the face of all reason. See where that got us now.

Like I said disc has a very high skill cap, but the reward is less healing than even the easier to play holy spec. Also like I predicted the top of the ladder is dominated by disc who uses atonement. Why the hell did blizzard nerf it? What they achieved was make disc really tough to play. You can see that the majority of disc players suffer massively (again another prediction that came true). The rank limits for disc are ridiculous. I am at 160-180% of the rank limit even in the fights where I had a crappy job. On the stone guard, I was assigned to a dead end job, I also messed up a number of times, wasting spirit shell and losing my evangelism stack repeatedly and still I was in the top100. Makes you wonder how much are people struggling to make disc work.

If every priest out there had supported my petition, we would have been fine.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2012-10-06 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Disc is currently worse healer you want bring to your raid HPS wise the only reason disc have spot in raid because of PS and PW:Barrier that simply it.There is not even point heal since out throughput so low.Mana is real bitch as well and do not tell me u need more Spirit and you will be fine with mana in our current gear I'm running 12k Spirit and 55% Mastery raid buff ,going oom so fast even I use my Mindbender on every CD and watching other healers ,monk esp don't even drop less then 70%,druids(with greenies n unenchanted items) and monks destroying healing meters leaving disc priest some where at the bottom you don't even want to look at because it so embarrassing. I fell bad taking someone raiding spot who can do twice more HPS then me.

Disc at 85 felt so good that players think it would be amazing at 90 too,that why beta testing posts didn't got much support, unfortunately I cant post on US forums and I believe EU priest forums not even look at.
    Last edited by mmoc798d7e3946; 2012-10-06 at 02:11 PM.

Though it may well be that not even PS and PW:B can rectify the abysmal HPS from a Disc.