Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    That looks really good. The smaller mechs literally run circles around the Atlas. This is a must for me but I can no longer plop down money on these type of things. Will wait until it's released.

Also, Inner Sphere mechs only? So no Kodiaks, Timber Wolves, Annihilators or the Buchwacker (<3 MW2/3). I'm going to miss seeing those profiles.

EDIT: Any word on ground combat? Also, if your mech is destroyed do you need to purchase a new one? Do other players get to salvage yours?
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    That looks really good. The smaller mechs literally run circles around the Atlas. This is a must for me but I can no longer plop down money on these type of things. Will wait until it's released.

Also, Inner Sphere mechs only? So no Kodiaks, Timber Wolves, Annihilators or the Buchwacker (<3 MW2/3). I'm going to miss seeing those profiles.

EDIT: Any word on ground combat? Also, if your mech is destroyed do you need to purchase a new one? Do other players get to salvage yours?
    It's 3049, the clans are still at the outer edges of the Inner Sphere...

Patience young one.

Don't believe there will be ground combat (no ejections either), if your mech is destroyed you need to pay for repairs (which can be costly, depending on how expensive your mech/build is and which parts are destroyed). Yes, salvage is implemented, so cockpit shots are encouraged.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Would have loved for this to be an offline singleplayer campaign, but alas!
    Loved loved loved Mechwarrior 3 (thought 4 was ok)

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    It's 3049, the clans are still at the outer edges of the Inner Sphere...

Patience young one.

Don't believe there will be ground combat (no ejections either), if your mech is destroyed you need to pay for repairs (which can be costly, depending on how expensive your mech/build is and which parts are destroyed). Yes, salvage is implemented, so cockpit shots are encouraged.
    Ah! This is the year the clans invade the Periphery. So, I'm guessing, there will be "rumors" circulating in in-game lore.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by hythos View Post
    With the new additions going in tomorrow (Oct16), the game will become a bit faster-paced, and more unforgiving to new players...
    Though if you wanna swim with the sharks, you have to jump into the water!
    I'm guessing you mean next week?

But yeah, this game is very unforgiving to newbies. The rental mechs that new players get aren't worth a damn. I could empty half my payload into an enemy, and the end game screen shows my contributed damage as "17", compared to other peoples' 100s or 150s. What the heck? And I'd just like to say that Caustic Valley sucks. 2-3 shots and you overheat.

And the difference between a "pugged" team and even a barely coordinated one is like night and day. Not sure I'll get very far just playing casually like I've been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Ah! This is the year the clans invade the Periphery. So, I'm guessing, there will be "rumors" circulating in in-game lore.
    Well PGI (developer) has said the Clans and Clan-Tech will be in next year, how it will be implemented is anybodies guess however.

Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza
    But yeah, this game is very unforgiving to newbies. The rental mechs that new players get aren't worth a damn. I could empty half my payload into an enemy, and the end game screen shows my contributed damage as "17", compared to other peoples' 100s or 150s. What the heck? And I'd just like to say that Caustic Valley sucks. 2-3 shots and you overheat.
    Today's update will see rotated trial mechs, so expect them to be at least slightly more useful.

Also, don't be a pubbie. There are over 40 active clans already and a public TS3 server. Group up!
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Could that be considered as cheating on him? :P
    lol no. But she has been really nice and gives away a lot of beta codes and full games out on twitter.

been playing this for a couple days now. lots of fun from a 'jump into a couple matches and blow 15-30 mins' point of view.
    happy to contribute to a new mech/battletech game, been so long since playing mw3 and tabletop before that.

my biggest complaint atm is just the complete and utter lack of documentation. don't have my battletech manuals anymore either so lots of surfing to compare gear when configuring.

wish i could change torso swivel from mouse movement, too. trying to decide if i should just go pick up a joystick.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a fun game to hop into for a battle or two, just like WoT.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It is a fun game to hop into for a battle or two, just like WoT.
    Agreed. WoT and moonbreaker and mechwarrior will definitely be a "hop in for half an hour" every now and then game. I love them.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Damn community in this game just retard to the bone. Played 15 matches and 10 of them I gor FF in the back or in the legs just in start of the match. Was hoping to play it (long term fan of MW) but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Damn community in this game just retard to the bone. Played 15 matches and 10 of them I gor FF in the back or in the legs just in start of the match. Was hoping to play it (long term fan of MW) but no luck.
    Just hit once or actually teamkilled? The problem is a lot of people love full-window mode, and also love browsing other things while waiting for the match to start. Unfortunately, clicking to take focus also fires your weapons into the unfortunate soul in front of you. Most of the time it's not deliberate, although one wonders how dumb someone has to be to do that more than once.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Just hit once or actually teamkilled?
    Something in the middle. For example "one guy was running around me, staring at me. Then he one-shoted both my legs". Yeah super, it's 1 minute since start and I'm already crippled to no point to continue the match. I'm noname b*tch in this game, I don't have a reputation of the Troll or a moron, so this kind of things just makes me to leave game without playing it a little longer. There are guys who shoot off my weapons or just shoot me in the back while clearly there are no enemy players.

But it comes to my mind that almost always I was shot by "high-level" players, because I don't think that low-level Jenner can take out Raven's legs in 1-2 shots.

On the topic:
    I have a few questions:
    1) All cosmetic things are donate only?
    2) Can i make main menu, where you choose mech etc, fullscreen and with sounds?
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-04-20 at 05:56 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have only seen someone get gibbed once and I am pretty sure it was a bot account doing it. I reported the player and haven't seen the name since. Much to our dislike, Friendly Fire is part of the game. Depending on your Mech, certain weapon combos can one shot components like arms and legs. Pretty much everyone just goes for the kill though, rather then dismantling their opponents and getting more C-Bills for each component destroyed. When LRM's got nerfed a while back, that really hampered people using long range combat, Streak SRM's, Auto Cannon's/Gauss Rifle, ER Large Lasers and ER PPC's are the most common weapons unfortunately. There needs to be more weapons in the shop but unfortunately since the game despite it's online play, is going through somewhat of a lore development with it and Clan technology will be a long time coming though it makes sense for the developers anyway. I am hoping they add weapons like MRM's, Light Gauss Cannon's and the Thunderbolt missile, as well as Clan Mech's like the Shadowcat, Mad Cat and Daishi and Inner Sphere Mech's like the Orion and Puma.

My user name in game is Drunk Canuck, so say hi if you see me in a game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday PGI announced Project Phoenix, which will see the release of 4 of the Unseen BattleMech's, the Locust, Shadow Hawk, Thunder Bolt and Battlemaster. There are 4 special variants under the Phoenix codename and depending on which package you buy, you will recieve special bonuses. The premium Overlord bundle contains all 4 Phoenix variants plus the 2 standard variants for each chassis, 90 days of premium time plus 30 if you buy before July 27th as well as 2.5% loyalty bonus medallions, plus the allotted Mech bay for each Mech. Each Phoenix variant comes with 10% loyalty boost and 30% C-Bill boost as well as unique skins.

I miss the original Archer. but FASA got sued and lost the use of the Archer, in the late 80s or early 90s.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that issue was resolved in 2009 when a judge ruled that the BattleTech Mech's were official property of the original company and that the studio who made the anime could not su game developers for using their likeness in the games. Pirahna Games was required to change at least 20% of the models to use the Unseen Mech's

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza View Post
    I'm guessing you mean next week?

And the difference between a "pugged" team and even a barely coordinated one is like night and day. Not sure I'll get very far just playing casually like I've been so far.
    The trial Mech's aren't great because of how the meta game is right now. PPC boating and AC/Gauss sniping are FOTM because they are the most powerful.

Is anyone else having a problem Launching the game.

I patched and click play then the window just say's Please Wait and dose nothing I used there repair tool and it still dose it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD